hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rapidly. She’s being completely negligent.

Happy to be seen when everything was going well. Nowhere to be seen now that it’s not.
    The Board are all culpable, too many not doing enough for the Club
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Has always been this way....
    That's true sadly.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    It's unreasonable for people to expect LD, or any other board member, to speak publicly about Heckingbottom's future unless it's to give him a vote of confidence which we don't want to hear.

I don't believe that the board are nonchalant about our current plight, and although I disagree with them, I do think it's understandable that they want to give him a bit more time to turn things around.

I expect that they'll give him until the semi-final at least, and, if results pick up and we somehow get past Celtic, he'll be kept in place.

I don't expect either to happen so we should see a new head coach in place before December.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    I have not been back since the hertz game,i am a ST holder for more years than i can remember,but i will not be back until this impostor is gone.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    I have not been back since the hertz game,i am a ST holder for more years than i can remember,but i will not be back until this impostor is gone.
    Where I’m at

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    No one really tried to get Butcher removed. We all watched what was happening but it was only after relegation happened that there was any kind of protest.

The same thing is happening again. Apathy will see us sleepwalking back to the Championship.

TBF with Butcher, we only needed that one sole win to be safe and we were then expecting a removal of a lot of crap players afterwards, no one seen relegation due to where we were when he took over, hindsight though eh! Even the play off against Hamilton we all assumed it would be a dawdle after we won the 1st game 0-2.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    By waiting till Xmas they’re just wasting the season.

Each week it just gets worse, why give him any more time? Do we need to wait until we’re below St J?

None of them them have got a damn clue. My one remaining hope is that RG bins every single board member and starts from scratch with people that show a bit ambition and passion.

What does LD offer us any more? She bangs on about putting a structure in place to avoid the crap we had before. Whatever she’s done it hasn’t worked.

Time for change.

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    The AGM is the key. Perhaps a shareholder( I will do it if I have support) and ask Ron how much longer is he going to stand tor this. If we don’t get an answer we all leave the meeting,
    Out of curiosity, when is the AGM?

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's unreasonable for people to expect LD, or any other board member, to speak publicly about Heckingbottom's future unless it's to give him a vote of confidence which we don't want to hear.

I don't believe that the board are nonchalant about our current plight.
    Spot on.

However, I think we may see decisive action prior to the AGM unless there is a huge improvement, with goals, points, and entertainment featuring.

Not much chance of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seekyit View Post
    Out of curiosity, when is the AGM?
    Date not set - it's late.

First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    Date not set - it's late.
    Cheers. That seems a bit strange in itself or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

First Team Breakthrough
    They have 18 months after the end of the financial year to call the agm

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    By waiting till Xmas they’re just wasting the season.

Each week it just gets worse, why give him any more time? Do we need to wait until we’re below St J?

None of them them have got a damn clue. My one remaining hope is that RG bins every single board member and starts from scratch with people that show a bit ambition and passion.

What does LD offer us any more? She bangs on about putting a structure in place to avoid the crap we had before. Whatever she’s done it hasn’t worked.

Time for change.

Indeed it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Seekyit View Post
    Cheers. That seems a bit strange in itself or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
    From memory it's usually announced by now, and held before the end of the year - October/November. I think it went into January a few years back when there was corporate restructuring and bank deals being finalised.

It would be a pretty lively AGM if it was held just now.

Hopefully it will be soon and we will get to meet the new manager.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    We won’t win games under this manager and I think the board will eventually act at Xmas. By that time we’ll be facing a second half of the season relegation battle with three or four others to avoid being in the bottom two places.
    That thought is terrifying. Truly.

To give this guy until xmas would be insane. Truly insane.

If we lose at home on sat he won’t last sat night.

I would think the atmosphere would be awful if we are losing on sat so the board would be forced to act in act of self preservation

Nb he will be in the stand beside them. Could be a very uncomfortable afternoon for them all

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    If we lose at home on sat he won’t last sat night.

I would think the atmosphere would be awful if we are losing on sat so the board would be forced to act in act of self preservation

Nb he will be in the stand beside them. Could be a very uncomfortable afternoon for them all
    We've been saying similar for a while now. His race is run, he needs to go and go ASAP. If we win next week and lose/draw the next we're right back to where we are now..

How the people running the club aren't seeing this is beyond me.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Procrastination by everyone who has the power to make the one obvious decision

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    We've been saying similar for a while now. His race is run, he needs to go and go ASAP. If we win next week and lose/draw the next we're right back to where we are now..

I agree totally how he hasn’t been removed is beyond me.

He is a boring boring manager who has underestimated the league, has signed dross in vela and Doidge. (Sorry a striker who doesn’t score is no use to me)

We are weak in midfield and easy beat,

All the fun of watching hibs has gone under this man.

Very sad times indeed.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    The problem with any attempts to organise boycotts or protests is that you will never get close to a consensus.

Some people will never be willing to miss a game even if other believe it is for the greater good.

Some people don't like mob mentality.

Some find protesting a bit unbecoming of Hibs fans. Lacking the mythical 'Hibs class'.

Some argue the team and manager should be backed regardless of performance and results.

As I said elsewhere the fans are, for the most part, insignificant as far as the club are concerned. They will sit up and take notice as and when they need us to hand over money and it isn't forthcoming. Make no mistake when ST renewal time comes around that is exactly what will happen. A 25-30% drop in sales isn't likely to be too wide off the mark. When things go wrong at Hibs the default position often appears to be apathy rather than anger. We sleepwalked into relegation with barely a whimper until our fate was sealed and the same traits are appearing again. Folk applauding us off the park after a Derby defeat sums it up really.

I don't have the answer either. I still think a coordinated late arrival would send a clear message though. If even 4 or 5K refused to take their seats for say 5 minutes at the start of a game then all arrived en masse singing loudly it would be a 'this is what you could have' type message. Chances of it happening are close to zero though.
    Rather than a late arrival protest . I think if everyone stood at their seats and faced away from the pitch , say for 5 mins , would make a better statement about the fans apathy towards what’s happening to our club .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    If St Johnstone win 3-0 and we lose 0-2, we'll be bottom.

I don't think there'll be any need for a discussion about how to show our displeasure if that happens.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

It's astonishing Matty but there are many areas of the club that are under performing.

We've had Boyle, Daz, Whittaker and SDG out injured for ages yet we have had no interviews, no updates, no 'captain's contribution' to the season so far., no battle cries, nothing - not a peep.

We have no connection to the new players because media-wise we only hear them at press conferences or after a game. There appears to be no united front. Previously you knew through media content and little films that the squad was well bonded, had some character (and characters) - LD is uncharacteristically quiet and not as vocal or exuding confidence, nor is the new owner being clear about the way forward - one of the main reasons we were successful was great communication, clear and concise planning, and a vision we all bought into because it was communicated well.

Everyone at the club needs to step up, but more importantly we need to hear from them - silence breeds resentment which breeds apathy. I honestly don't know if this new squad has character because we don't see it off the pitch.

Show them re-runs of the Hamilton play-off at ER over and over again - that'll remind them of where we are heading and how hard we all had to come together to get strong again - that alone should be enough for many to step up, or step aside.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Banners at EM & ER tomorrow morning letting manager Leeann & players know it's not good enough and a change is needed regards the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    How the hell can the board not see what everyone else is seeing?

Will it really cost us too much to get rid? I mean, that’s the only reason he’s still here right?

They can’t be thinking he will turn it round, that would just be mental on their part.
    It’s going to cost us a lot more if he stays

The problem with any attempts to organise boycotts or protests is that you will never get close to a consensus.

Some people will never be willing to miss a game even if other believe it is for the greater good.

Some people don't like mob mentality.

Some find protesting a bit unbecoming of Hibs fans. Lacking the mythical 'Hibs class'.

Some argue the team and manager should be backed regardless of performance and results.

As I said elsewhere the fans are, for the most part, insignificant as far as the club are concerned. They will sit up and take notice as and when they need us to hand over money and it isn't forthcoming. Make no mistake when ST renewal time comes around that is exactly what will happen. A 25-30% drop in sales isn't likely to be too wide off the mark. When things go wrong at Hibs the default position often appears to be apathy rather than anger. We sleepwalked into relegation with barely a whimper until our fate was sealed and the same traits are appearing again. Folk applauding us off the park after a Derby defeat sums it up really.

I don't have the answer either. I still think a coordinated late arrival would send a clear message though. If even 4 or 5K refused to take their seats for say 5 minutes at the start of a game then all arrived en masse singing loudly it would be a 'this is what you could have' type message. Chances of it happening are close to zero though.
    Would 100% back this. Get the Facebook pages etc on the case. This needs to happen, he should have been sacked ages ago.

He's back to being Paul Secondbottom . After all that improvement and corner turning 9 games in and Secondbottom with -10 goal difference . He's had his chance to turn it around and were no further forward . Goodbye Paul

Organised late arrival good option or mass walkout with 10 mins to go regardless of reulst at that time. As others have said we are powerless, and changing manager is only option to improve team. But Leanne is culpable for much of this mess: PH appointment, extended contract to injury prone David Gray and MAcGregor I know there is a coaching role too), Head of dept who can't negotiate sponsorship. Maybe we all sing Sack the Board as well as Sack the Manger

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Leeann made very good decisions and appointments and her hard work and energy behind the scenes and 'front facing' is enough for me to say she is a valuable asset and one of our most important 'signings' in recent years. Her stock is still high with me - but I agree, she needs now to show strong leadership and re-evaluate the path the club is on - top to bottom.
    Why out of interest is her stock still high?? Shes overseen the Lennon mess and now the Hecky debacle and she seems unwilling to sack him??

So I am dying to hear why u think her stock is so high?? She is treating us fans...the paying customers with nothing but silent contempt

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Where I’m at
    And me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Can you not hire a plane? Or a fishing boat to sail off Ocean Terminal with a big banner as the sail?
    Brilliant 😂