hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a dig at them but think the relationship between them and the club is an important one for the displays that they want to do

Doubt they’d want to tarnish that. Think the last display subtly hinted towards displeasure though
    Spot on.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

lower expectations

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    The Board think he’s doing fine. It’s 4 games unbeaten for them and we have a semi final
    to look forward to. Dempster and Craig will not admit they are wrong after less than 9 months of appointing him, no one on the board has enough back bone to tell it how it really is. They are as culpable for us sitting in 10th place.

i only hope that RG can see what everyone else can see and punts him ASAP.
    sad to see lower expectations from a club of stature
    the league does not lie

The Board think he’s doing fine. It’s 4 games unbeaten for them and we have a semi final
    to look forward to. Dempster and Craig will not admit they are wrong after less than 9 months of appointing him, no one on the board has enough back bone to tell it how it really is. They are as culpable for us sitting in 10th place.

Spot on. I struggle to think what goes through our Board members minds at times. I asked one after derby defeat, what was going on, and he shrugged his shoulders and walked on. Spineless off and on the park
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

We could do a mass exodus at the next game, say 2 mins after kick off we all just stand up and leave the game, or even a show of defiance by everyone standing up and turning our back to the pitch for a full minutes silence.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    We could do a mass exodus at the next game, say 2 mins after kick off we all just stand up and leave the game, or even a show of defiance by everyone standing up and turning our back to the pitch for a full minutes silence.

Or we could scream and scream until we make ourselves sick.

Sheesh.

Better making our feelings known to our Board at full time. Support the jerseys for 90

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Sarf View Post
    Or we could scream and scream until we make ourselves sick.

Sheesh.

People are talking about ways to show the club we're not happy, some are talking about doing it by not showing up but the club has already got our cash via season tickets, some want demos after or before the game, I'm just trying to put out there another alternative which could be done very easily.

OR we could all just stay on our phones and computers and have a good old moan about the **** the teams in on internet forums, yea that'll make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Better making our feelings known to our Board at full time. Support the jerseys for 90

Something needs done and soon, it's gone too far now. Even a demo prior to the game but moaning about things on here won't change anything.

Sing sacked in the morning ?

Hecky GTF chant ?

@hibs.net private member
    Apathy is back and it will take big changes to get rid of it. The feel good factor of the cup win is long gone. We are sleep walking into relegation. I really fear for Hibs in the semi final against Celtic, they could really give us a hammering.

Hibs fans will not be the ones to get Hecky out of town. We couldn't get Butcher removed despite watching a car crash in slo mo. We're wholly reliant on Dempster and Ron's judgement of what's acceptable on the pitch - which is worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Apathy is back and it will take big changes to get rid of it. The feel good factor of the cup win is long gone. We are sleep walking into relegation. I really fear for Hibs in the semi final against Celtic, they could really give us a hammering.
    The semi final is the least of our worries IMO. We are toddling along in to a relegation battle with this joker in charge though. Anybody that thinks differently is very, very naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Hibs fans will not be the ones to get Hecky out of town. We couldn't get Butcher removed despite watching a car crash in slo mo. We're wholly reliant on Dempster and Ron's judgement of what's acceptable on the pitch - which is worrying.
    No one really tried to get Butcher removed. We all watched what was happening but it was only after relegation happened that there was any kind of protest.

The same thing is happening again. Apathy will see us sleepwalking back to the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Franck Sauzee was sacked for a similar record, and he was a Hibs Legend.
    And Sauzee didn’t ***** the largest budget in our history on signing average journeymen.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The semi final is the least of our worries IMO. We are toddling along in to a relegation battle with this joker in charge though. Anybody that thinks differently is very, very naive.
    We won’t win games under this manager and I think the board will eventually act at Xmas. By that time we’ll be facing a second half of the season relegation battle with three or four others to avoid being in the bottom two places.

Much as I want Heckingbottom gone Gordon going over the head of the person employed to make those calls would be a shockingly bad idea and would turn us into a basket case of a club.

Abramovich is a terrible owner who's saving grace is that he ploughs millions into buying players. Having an owner like him but without the players being bought would be a ****ing disaster.

People are talking about ways to show the club we're not happy, some are talking about doing it by not showing up but the club has already got our cash via season tickets, some want demos after or before the game, I'm just trying to put out there another alternative which could be done very easily.

OR we could all just stay on our phones and computers and have a good old moan about the **** the teams in on internet forums, yea that'll make a difference.
    The best way to have any influence (IMHO) at all is to remove your business they may have our cash this year but will not get it next year. Football is a business we fund that business to a large extent. I always pay at the gate but not this season for as long as the neglect continues.
    Some may say that harms our great club but I would say the ones in charge right now are bringing more harm by doing f. all.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    No one really tried to get Butcher removed. We all watched what was happening but it was only after relegation happened that there was any kind of protest.

The same thing is happening again. Apathy will see us sleepwalking back to the Championship.
    Which is why we should be looking back at how hard it was getting out the Championship and the club need to really be introspective and appreciate all the hard work that went in - club and supporters- to achieve what we achieved - which was arguably the best period in our recent history.

Style, creativity, tight bond between fans, club and community - all of this is unravelling before our eyes and alarmingly it’s taken only a few short months , with important departures and some terrible appointments being key to this downward trajectory PB.

“There are risks and costs of action but they’re far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction”. - something we’d be well reminding ourselves of.

Left by mutual consent!
    The AGM is the key. Perhaps a shareholder( I will do it if I have support) and ask Ron how much longer is he going to stand tor this. If we don’t get an answer we all leave the meeting,

As I said on another thread.

If enough of us turned up to EM on Monday morning and never let him in the building, there'd be skidders in his pants and he'd walk.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar

I share your unhappiness but I don't think removing our support from the players - even for a full minute - is the way to go.

Joint removal of Dempster and Heckingbottom needed urgently.

Dempster as she is overseeing us sleepwalking to bottom 6 and automatic relegation, Heckingbottom who cannot get this team to secure 2 goal leads and win games. Dempster holds all power, she is the person who needs to show leadership, she is silent, and has for too long relied on fans gratitude for winning cup, Stubbs and the players won the cup not Leanne. Both need to go now.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellahappyhibee View Post
    Joint removal of Dempster and Heckingbottom needed urgently.

Dempster as she is overseeing us sleepwalking to bottom 6 and automatic relegation, Heckingbottom who cannot get this team to secure 2 goal leads and win games. Dempster holds all power, she is the person who needs to show leadership, she is silent, and has for too long relied on fans gratitude for winning cup, Stubbs and the players won the cup not Leanne. Both need to go now.
    Leeann made very good decisions and appointments and her hard work and energy behind the scenes and 'front facing' is enough for me to say she is a valuable asset and one of our most important 'signings' in recent years. Her stock is still high with me - but I agree, she needs now to show strong leadership and re-evaluate the path the club is on - top to bottom.

I was going to suggest we all just sit quietly through the match and make the place like a morgue, but it would be hard to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Leeann made very good decisions and appointments and her hard work and energy behind the scenes and 'front facing' is enough for me to say she is a valuable asset and one of our most important 'signings' in recent years. Her stock is still high with me - but I agree, she needs now to show strong leadership and re-evaluate the path the club is on - top to bottom.
    I would say her goodwill is diminishing with each passing week.

@hibs.net private member
    There is only one thing any football club in the world thinks about is money until we stop giving them our money nothing will change how we do that I don't know but it's all they think about maybe stop buying stuff from hibs and dont go the games as I say not sure but it's the only way they will take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I would say her goodwill is diminishing with each passing week.
    Rapidly. She’s being completely negligent.

Happy to be seen when everything was going well. Nowhere to be seen now that it’s not.

The Hibs Board do not have the same passion, ambition, and hunger for success that the supporters have. That's how it seems to me FWIW.

That said, they can surely recognise that the appointment of Heckingbottom, and the waste of the transfer budget on players who are in the main just not good enough, were serious mistakes, and that swift action needs to be taken now to stop the rot.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    The board only ever notice income.

Stop the income to a significant and sustained degree and the manager will change.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    The Hibs Board do not have the same passion, ambition, and hunger for success that the supporters have. That's how it seems to me FWIW.

That said, they can surely recognise that the appointment of Heckingbottom, and the waste of the transfer budget on players who are in the main just not good enough, were serious mistakes, and that swift action needs to be taken now to stop the rot.
    Has always been this way....