hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

How to remove Heckingbottom

One win from the last 14 league matches is undoubtedly relegation form.

If the majority advocate change in management something needs to happen imminently.

What are people’s thoughts? Personally, a full protest in the next home game would be a starting point.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Box Fish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

If the majority advocate change in management something needs to happen imminently.

What are people’s thoughts? Personally, a full protest in the next home game would be a starting point.
    No protest from me.

Can we do something sooner? The next home game is too far away.

Saying that I want him gone by Monday.

If since 1875 are feeling the same, maybe a display ?

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Not a dig at them but think the relationship between them and the club is an important one for the displays that they want to do

Doubt they’d want to tarnish that. Think the last display subtly hinted towards displeasure though

Sick of Hecky he can GTFF

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Not a dig at them but think the relationship between them and the club is an important one for the displays that they want to do

Doubt they’d want to tarnish that. Think the last display subtly hinted towards displeasure though
    That’s a fair point.

I feel, if nothing happens, sooner rather than later, Dempster will see us back into the championship again.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    The Board think he’s doing fine. It’s 4 games unbeaten for them and we have a semi final
    to look forward to. Dempster and Craig will not admit they are wrong after less than 9 months of appointing him, no one on the board has enough back bone to tell it how it really is. They are as culpable for us sitting in 10th place.

i only hope that RG can see what everyone else can see and punts him ASAP.

Can you not hire a plane? Or a fishing boat to sail off Ocean Terminal with a big banner as the sail?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Can you not hire a plane? Or a fishing boat to sail off Ocean Terminal with a big banner as the sail?
    I think everyone has to calm down.
    We know we are dreadful, but know that no amount of protests will change LD thoughts about her appointment of Heckie.
    People will soon vote with there feet and hopefully our new owner will realise that LD is not the person for the job.
    She has got off scot free for a while, so its time for her to step up to the plate and sort out this mess, she has created.

Quote Originally Posted by Moody Blues View Post
    We know we are dreadful, but know that no amount of protests will change LD thoughts about her appointment of Heckie.
    People will soon vote with there feet and hopefully our new owner will realise that LD is not the person for the job.
    She has got off scot free for a while, so its time for her to step up to the plate and sort out this mess, she has created.
    My reply was very much tongue in cheek 😀 As you say, when the crowds drop action will follow. Fans can protest all they want. At the end of the day LD and the board will decide. Protests are futile.

Harsh. She's given him a bit more time than the fans but I don't think she'll be adverse to punting him when the time comes.

I suspect the league Cup is his current saving grace but I hope he doesn't get that long or turns it round.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    My reply was very much tongue in cheek 😀 As you say, when the crowds drop action will follow. Fans can protest all they want. At the end of the day LD and the board will decide. Protests are futile.
    I disagree - fans get managers sacked.

If there are loud boos next sat then they will act.

However I think fans are just so fed up that he will continue in the job.

As I’ve said before he has succeeded in removing all the feel good factor and enjoyment of going to Easter road.

He is all wrong for us

I ain’t no witch-hunter but that stat tells it’s own story and

1. No sign of it getting better
    2. No sign of da do Ron Ron giving a toss

So sadly incumbent on fan power.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    He’s worse than Calderwood and that was the worst of the worse for me. Fenlon was poor but at least he genuinely cared and Butcher, (who I can’t stand and was garbage, at least in a roundabout way did care, he just went the wrong way around it). This **** and his apathy is as bad as Calderwood. Please just ****ing leave and take your lower league English guff with you
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Left by mutual consent!
    Your spot on regards voting with our feet so to speak. I’m a ST holder but seriously considering not attending the next few games. I’ve had enough of Heckingbottom and his bang average players. We’ll go out the Cup and we’ll be in a dog fight from now until the end of the season. I just can’t bare to sit in a stadium that’s got less atmosphere than Mars and watch the dross on offer any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    He’s worse than Calderwood and that was the worst of the worse for me. Fenlon was poor but at least he genuinely cared and Butcher, (who I can’t stand and was garbage, at least in a roundabout way did care, he just went the wrong way around it). This **** and his apathy is as bad as Calderwood. Please just ****ing leave and take your lower league English guff with you
    Whomever we compare him to, its certainly very very grim and for all the good players and excitement over the Stubbs and Lennon years, to have this again, is brutal.
    We all deal with it differently but I'm unable to watch Hibs anymore and wont return to Hibs TV until he's gone. I used to travel back to see us under Lennon as much as I could. No such plans anymore.
    We are total and utter dug pooh.
    How he stayed after losing at home to Hearts! :-(

The problem with any attempts to organise boycotts or protests is that you will never get close to a consensus.

Some people will never be willing to miss a game even if other believe it is for the greater good.

Some people don't like mob mentality.

Some find protesting a bit unbecoming of Hibs fans. Lacking the mythical 'Hibs class'.

Some argue the team and manager should be backed regardless of performance and results.

As I said elsewhere the fans are, for the most part, insignificant as far as the club are concerned. They will sit up and take notice as and when they need us to hand over money and it isn't forthcoming. Make no mistake when ST renewal time comes around that is exactly what will happen. A 25-30% drop in sales isn't likely to be too wide off the mark. When things go wrong at Hibs the default position often appears to be apathy rather than anger. We sleepwalked into relegation with barely a whimper until our fate was sealed and the same traits are appearing again. Folk applauding us off the park after a Derby defeat sums it up really.

I don't have the answer either. I still think a coordinated late arrival would send a clear message though. If even 4 or 5K refused to take their seats for say 5 minutes at the start of a game then all arrived en masse singing loudly it would be a 'this is what you could have' type message. Chances of it happening are close to zero though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Even the protest the weekend after we lost to Hamilton in the play offs only a few hundred could be bothered to turn up that day...so weve no chance if anything major next week.

The apathy has well and truly returned....great Job Hecky and Dempster

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Franck Sauzee was sacked for a similar record, and he was a Hibs Legend.

@hibs.net private member

I would not bother with a protest. The next two home games will see around 10,000 or less in the stadium and as the board is only interested on issues like this he will be sacked

1 win in 14 is irrelevant according to the manager.

He said hes only bothered about this season. So at least he wont be using last seasons wee run when he came in as an excuse any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post

He said hes only bothered about this season. So at least he wont be using last seasons wee run when he came in as an excuse any time soon.
    Someone should tell him 1 win in 9 really isn't that much better.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    How the hell can the board not see what everyone else is seeing?

Will it really cost us too much to get rid? I mean, that’s the only reason he’s still here right?

They can’t be thinking he will turn it round, that would just be mental on their part.

Is that actually what he said?

Ok how about no wins in 8 league games or 1 win in 9 league games if you're being kind?

Or how about failing to beat a League Two side and a Championship side over 90 minutes in the League Cup?

How about the fact that we have been in the lead in 11 of our 15 competitive matches so far this season but have only gone on to win 4 of them inside 90 minutes?

How about our goals against record being our second worst in the league and our goals for record being the third worst in the league?

How about the fact that we have dropped 11 league points from winning positions so far this season? The highest in the league.

All of these stats are from this season. Does that make him feel any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Is that actually what he said?

Ok how about no wins in 8 league games or 1 win in 9 league games if you're being kind?

Or how about failing to beat a League Two side and a Championship side over 90 minutes in the League Cup?

How about the fact that we have been in the lead in 11 of our 15 competitive matches so far this season but have only gone on to win 4 of them inside 90 minutes?

How about our goals against record being our second worst in the league and our goals for record being the third worst in the league?

How about the fact that we have dropped 11 league points from winning positions so far this season? The highest in the league.

All of these stats are from this season. Does that make him feel any better?

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/stat...564206592?s=09

1:30 onwards. Hes grasping at straws. We surely must be on the brink now. I cannot handle another 90 minutes of watching his hibs side let alone weeks.

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/stat...564206592?s=09

1:30 onwards. Hes grasping at straws. We surely must be on the brink now. I cannot handle another 90 minutes of watching his hibs side let alone weeks.
    'The only thing missing is the goals'

If he really believes that then I'm worried because it suggests he's happy with the rest of the garbage we are churning out.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'The only thing missing is the goals'

If he really believes that then I'm worried because it suggests he's happy with the rest of the garbage we are churning out.
    One clean sheet in the league this season is it?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    One clean sheet in the league this season is it?
    Yep forgot that one. One clean sheet which happened to be in the opening game as well.

Maybe we could hire these Dutch boys from Roda FC for a day..

https://mobile.twitter.com/footballf...70724117270528

(Seriously felt bad for this guy, looks like a scene from the Walking Dead..)