hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Terrible player. Actually doesn’t do anything. He runs about a bit but never in to a position to receive the ball. And he just pretends he wants close down the opposition, he doesn’t actually do it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 year deal as well.

Id imagine he would be one of our highest earners as well.

He will be away hame not giving a **** about our club.
    Who in the blue hell sanctioned a 3 year contract?

Jesus wept..

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    If someone asked me how Vela played today I’d have to tell them that I’ve no idea. Remember nothing of note about his performance.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Who in the blue hell sanctioned a 3 year contract?

Jesus wept..
    Hopefully some league 1 team give us his signing on fee back in January or June. He is the one of the worst players I have ever seen for contributing nothing to a game

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    Hopefully some league 1 team give us his signing on fee back in January or June. He is the one of the worst players I have ever seen for contributing nothing to a game
    He's not even good enough for Scottish League One - awful player

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    He's not even good enough for Scottish League One - awful player
    Today was the one of the worst performances I have witnessed in a long time from a player. He ran into spaces which were impossible to pass to, he stood 10 yards from team mates, cost us the goal after pulling out a challenge.

Being kind to him would be calling him woeful.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Sure BoltonHibs took abit stick for saying it too.

Few folk need to wake up and smell the coffee. Our manager and the players he has brought in are not good enough.

Setting aside Heckys really poor development of our youngsters which in itself is a sackable offence, his time here has been a disaster.
    Your bang on buddy,get him to ****!!!

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    He’s the epitome of everything that’s wrong with our team just now.

He couldn’t give a ****

We’ve got this imposter in the centre of midfield and Hearts have got Glen Whelan.........who still gets a game at international level

Suns it up I’m afraid !

What does he contribute?

When you think he was practically a straight swap for Marvin B our penchant for self abuse is pretty damn impressive.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    If someone asked me how Vela played today I’d have to tell them that I’ve no idea. Remember nothing of note about his performance.
    He’s been the invisible man since day 1.

Pretty much everyone agrees that he offers nothing, apart from PH of course.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi Heid Yin View Post
    I gave our recruitment team the benefit of the doubt as each summer signing became known.

I tried to rationalise my initial gut feeling that we were buying "a poor-to-average standard player who would struggle in the SPL" by telling myself that the professionals at our club knew better than me.

Besides which, what were the odds of the bulk of the signings being that bad, and of Heckingbottom failing to drill them into a formidable, hard-to-beat, entertaining, high-pressing and high-scoring team?

Now, months down the line, as we sit with but one league win under our belt, I can see that I was right to feel "initially underwhelmed and disappointed".

It also beggars belief that Leeann not only sanctioned these signings but commited our club to honouring long-term contracts to boot.
    I dont blame Dempster for backing her manager, that is what you do when you appoint one.

Yet when it's clear you and the man you appointed are wrong, that is when you clearly need to address this and change it as quickly as you can.

is English football overrated or overpriced transfer wise as Vela was a 5 million rated midfielder couple years ago

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    is English football overrated or overpriced transfer wise as Vela was a 5 million rated midfielder couple years ago
    Yes

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    He's a con man. Runs about trying to look as if he's involved and contributes nothing. I'll bet he couldn't believe his luck when Hibs offered him a 3 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    You arent allowed to say engish football is overrated on here

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    You arent allowed to say engish football is overrated on here
    Think £1m. Liverpool interested whe he was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I dont blame Dempster for backing her manager, that is what you do when you appoint one.

Yet when it's clear you and the man you appointed are wrong, that is when you clearly need to address this and change it as quickly as you can.
    I blame Dempster for allowing us to fall into the exact same pattern as before she was appointed? Buying mediocre players in bulk didn't work before Dempster and it hasn't worked this time.

After having banged on about structure and direction. About having a director of football to manage the transition between head coaches. What happened?

We went from a decent squad looking forward to welcoming back Scott Allan to this. A couple of decent players in key positions was all that was needed.

She is culpable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I blame Dempster for allowing us to fall into the exact same pattern as before she was appointed? Buying mediocre players in bulk didn't work before Dempster and it hasn't worked this time.

After having banged on about structure and direction. About having a director of football to manage the transition between head coaches. What happened?

We went from a decent squad looking forward to welcoming back Scott Allan to this. A couple of decent players in key positions was all that was needed.

She is culpable.
    I'm surprised you think Dempster is the one signing all these mediocre players, i think its the manager who signs them on recommendation, and his own targets.

Dempster cant appoint someone then interfere, until such times like now.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi Heid Yin View Post
    I gave our recruitment team the benefit of the doubt as each summer signing became known.

I tried to rationalise my initial gut feeling that we were buying "a poor-to-average standard player who would struggle in the SPL" by telling myself that the professionals at our club knew better than me.

Besides which, what were the odds of the bulk of the signings being that bad, and of Heckingbottom failing to drill them into a formidable, hard-to-beat, entertaining, high-pressing and high-scoring team?

Now, months down the line, as we sit with but one league win under our belt, I can see that I was right to feel "initially underwhelmed and disappointed".

It also beggars belief that Leeann not only sanctioned these signings but commited our club to honouring long-term contracts to boot.
    You’ve pretty much summarised where I’m at just now.

You have to assume that she followed advice from the well paid individuals who’s duties included overseeing the recruitment of players?

Agree again. Heckingbottom’s initial start was promising. He got wins out a side that had lost the habit of winning, then it all went a bit tits up after the split. By now it is apparent to one and all that Hibs are in trouble and that he can’t change what’s happening, or not enough for it to satisfy the fans.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes at Hibs, but this seasons signings have been our worst summer window since the days of relegation, totalling uninspired (Allan aside, and even then he’s struggling to have an impact with the dross around him).

Some of these guys might yet confound the critics, but I’m not convinced we weren’t back to scraping the bottom of the barrel, the approach that pretty much defines much of the past 15 years. I can understand that the previous ownership would go canny as they obviously knew they were selling up, but we’re losing momentum. Failure to win the next two games and an exit from the cup should really be enough.

I'm surprised you think Dempster is the one signing all these mediocre players, i think its the manager who signs them on recommendation, and his own targets.

Yeh but she told us we had a very successful transfer window.

That statement isn’t looking too clever now..

She is under real pressure cause she appointed this manager

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    We’ve got this imposter in the centre of midfield and Hearts have got Glen Whelan.........who still gets a game at international level

Suns it up I’m afraid !
    Have you looked at the league table of late? Whelan isn't exactly pulling up trees at Hearts so I'm not sure what is exactly summed up by your comparison.

Vela isn't good enough, I think that's fairly obvious but Hearts are no better than us on a week in, week out basis, Whelan included.

Well the signings are either a product of the structure she boasted of implementing. Remember all the stuff about copying the Southampton model? Or they are a result of abandoning or failing to adhere to the structure. The result is the same. We are back to our old failings. Back to mediocrity. Not on Petrie's watch this time. On hers.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Well the signings are either a product of the structure she boasted of implementing. Remember all the stuff about copying the Southampton model? Or they are a result of abandoning or failing to adhere to the structure. The result is the same. We are back to our old failings. Back to mediocrity. Not on Petrie's watch this time. On hers.

tbf southampton are themselves only out of a relegation spot at the moment on goal difference, so we are copying them in a sense

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post

I dont remember any Chairman EVER telling his club that they'd had a sheite transfer window, its not the done thing especially when you are backing the man YOU had put in place.

I will agree she's under pressure, and rightly so, as each day she keeps him at the club is another day we are floundering under a useless manager that she appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post

TBF we all thought Newell and Vela looked decent players and came from mid table championship clubs, I don't think anyone expected them to be so below average Championship players though.

Whittaker would do a better job than Vela in front of the defence.
    Murray would do a better job than Horgan or Middleton.
    Kamberi or Shaw would do a better job than Doidge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    When you think he was practically a straight swap for Marvin B our penchant for self abuse is pretty damn impressive.
    Need to stop rolling out this nonsense Marvin started 17 of our last 70 games while he was there. Vela may not be very good but Marv is not the solution.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Need to stop rolling out this nonsense Marvin started 17 of our last 70 games while he was there. Vela may not be very good but Marv is not the solution.
    Maybe not the “solution” however would be a lot better than the options we currently have