hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kamberi

Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He should be starting ahead of dodge, it's goals we need and doige is toiling at the moment
    ?

If Kamberi had goals in him this season, he wouldn't be sitting on the bench.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    He scored one goal in the first 6 league games. Since he got dropped, we've won one and drawn 2.

It appears we play better without him, so what makes him worth a start today?

I think it's more of a case that, when the teams not winning, the ones on the bench not playing, suddenly look a look more appealing, when in reality, they are currently just, if not more, *****!
    You make it sound like we are on a roll not lost in 3. What makes him worth a start today, I would say that you go with your best players and get them all playing to their best. In a formation that results in winning games, something that our present manager has a problem with.

He scored one goal in the first 6 league games. Since he got dropped, we've won one and drawn 2.

It appears we play better without him, so what makes him worth a start today?

I think it's more of a case that, when the teams not winning, the ones on the bench not playing, suddenly look a look more appealing, when in reality, they are currently just, if not more, *****!
    But we've not won any since he got dropped, thats a fact
    Goals chucked off for nowt, thats a fact
    The managers an embarassment, thats a fact, no looking for an arguement
    but a facts a fact.

@hibs.net private member
    ?

How many goals has Doidge scored for us? Not sure why Kamberi is criticised for his goal scoring but Doidge gets a free pass.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    How many goals has Doidge scored for us? Not sure why Kamberi is criticised for his goal scoring but Doidge gets a free pass.
    who says he gets a free pass? not from me he doesn't

still think we play better and get better results without him in the team. stats dont lie

?

Doige seems like the man for holding up the ball but can't score, is it the midfield hecky hopes the goals come from I think, kamberi put in a lot of effort and scores when he gets a one on one, just not been creating the chances for him when he was on

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    So you agree with the rest then?

Maxwell suits the punt fast game in which is standard now. It’s not actually a load of *****. Maxwell has hardly covered himself in glory in the goals he’s conceded either.
    Which ones? Marciano you could count numerous

@hibs.net private member
    He scored 1 goal in the first 6 league games.

Since we dropped him we've won 1 and drawn 2?

That argument aside, his behaviour is bang out of order
    Kamberi is quite outspoken and that's just part of his make up - in the same way as scoring goals is. He obviously came to Hibs as a means of getting first team football - turning down other options which were probably more lucrative to do so.

He is currently being passed over by the manager in favour of a player who is unproven at SPL level and has made a speciality of fluffing his chances to do so. If Kamberi was to pretend he was happy with this situation it would be indicative of complacency and a lack of ambition. It would also be dishonest.

You think this is "behaviour" which is "bang out of order"?!? I've read the interview and all I read is a player answering questions put to him with honesty. The Sun has obviously gone with the sensationalist angle for it's headline but if you actually read the article you also see statements that he respects his manager's decisions, respects his teammates including Doidge and intends to work hard to get back into the starting line up - he only states that he will move on to achieve his dream of international football in an eventually if things don't work out context.

So - your opinion that "his behaviour is bang out of order" is frankly sensationalist bollox - maybe you should consider a career as a headline writer for the Sun!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Kamberi for what ever reason has not been good enough since the turn of the year to start every week and complain if he isnt, it may be down to the manager or tactics but he needs to step up and show the manager why he should be starting when he does get a chance
    Kamberi was off the boil second half of last season but has looked back up to speed in the all too few minutes I've seen him on the pitch this season. It seems that Hecks' tactics see the main striker's purpose as being a big laddie to belt the ball at with the art of goal scoring an optional add-on - this is the reasoning which sees Doidge consistently picked as the sole striker in a 4-5-1 and Kamberi relegated to the bench.

First Team Breakthrough
    Kamberi did more in the few minutes he played today than Doidge throughout the game. I can’t believe Doidge is constantly being selected ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by elevengoats View Post
    Kamberi did more in the few minutes he played today than Doidge throughout the game. I can’t believe Doidge is constantly being selected ahead of him.
    To bring him on, with 87 minutes gone, was nothing short of madness
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Not very classy if you ask me.

It's a tactic that is either

a. intended to put himself in the shop window
    b. make a public threat to the manager and the club

I think Kamberi is one of our best players, but he wasn't playing well or scoring goals, so yeah, in the set up we were playing in, you get dropped to the bench and you earn your way back into the starting 11.

He should have stfu, got into this game and scored a hat-trick. THAT'S how you start playing international football, not having a wee bitch to the press.

End of the road for him as a Hibs player for me. He dngaf!
    He earned his way back into the side when Doidge missed three chances that Kamberi would have buried with a blindfold on.

What else is he supposed to do? He gets asked question and gives an honest answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    To bring him on, with 87 minutes gone, was nothing short of madness
    Yup and left wing.

Sums up the mindset of the club right now.

Happy for a point at Hamilton.

Doidge won a few headers today but gave away about 10 needless fouls along with Mallan.

It’s turning into Flo v Lennon part 2 with Hecky.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Can you point me to any comments he's made about any manager in his time at Hibs?

Given all the stuff that supposedly happened between him and Lennon I thought he showed remarkable maturity to stay quiet.

He's unquestionably the best striker at the club and nothing wrong with his attitude when I've seen him play.
    SportFootballHibsLatest Hibs News
    Hibs’ Florian Kamberi speaks for first time on Neil Lennon fall-out

A simmering row between the striker and his boss came to a head during a debrief following a defeat by Motherwell, which proved to be Lennon’s last match in charge of the Capital outfit.

A number of first team players found themselves under fire for their performances at Fir Park with Kamberi, who had been the subject of incessant criticism from both Lennon and his assistant Garry Parker for weeks, again found himself a target for their ire.

The Swiss hitman snapped, stormed out and emptied his locker at East Mains before telling his representatives he wanted to leave the club, only for senior members of a tight-knit squad to calm him down.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post

A simmering row between the striker and his boss came to a head during a debrief following a defeat by Motherwell, which proved to be Lennon’s last match in charge of the Capital outfit.

A number of first team players found themselves under fire for their performances at Fir Park with Kamberi, who had been the subject of incessant criticism from both Lennon and his assistant Garry Parker for weeks, again found himself a target for their ire.

The Swiss hitman snapped, stormed out and emptied his locker at East Mains before telling his representatives he wanted to leave the club, only for senior members of a tight-knit squad to calm him down.
    And what has this old news to do with the present situation where the manager prefers to play someone whose main job is not to score goals and then childishly attempts to show Kamberi who's boss by putting him on as a sub at the death.

No comments there from Kamberi are there?

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Fair enough opinion, however if you are kept out of a Hibs team with Christian Doidge up front then international football at the Euros is pretty far off in the distance.

(Harsh I know..)
    He's being kept out by a manager desperately trying to prove he was right to buy Doidge and too stubborn to admit he was wrong.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Quotes? No?

?

I think our squad isn't set up to help either of the strikers at all and I have serious doubts over if any striker would score goals in this squad and I'm not being flippant when I say any successful striker from our past 20 years or so would struggle. We are just not set up to put chances on a plate for a lone striker at this point in time, although frustratingly the one game we do Doidge fluffs them all.

Flo is our best striker, but he's never been a lone striker. He needs a partner whether that's Doidge or Shaw, and Allan behind. He has every right to say "If I don't play then I don't want to be here" we'd all be livid if it was a player who we wanted rid off but refused to go and just decided to pick up his wage so we shouldn't be upset when its the opposite way about.

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Far better player than Doidge, simple as that really.

Manager prefers ineffective hoof ball though. No wonder he is frustrated.
    There's been a lot of debate about Kamberi v Doidge.
    I'm with you sickboy.
    Flo is a far better footballer.
    The sooner he's back in the starting lineup the better.

Left by mutual consent!
    Kamberi and Marciano are probably are only sellable assists
    The clown in charge is knocking any value in the transfer market by not playing both.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Kamberi and Marciano are probably are only sellable assists
    The clown in charge is knocking any value in the transfer market by not playing both.
    Exactly.

Flo is better than Doidge.

Marciano is better than Maxwell but doesn’t hoof it. Maxwell hasn’t been an issue but he’s on loan so is using us as a shop window and not good for us long term.

That's pretty much what I was told word for word, Gray and Daz went to see Leeann and she also received a phone call from his agent, that's when the trouble with Lennon happened after Leeann went to see what had happened, it had been brewing for weeks and affecting morale.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Kamberi is quite outspoken and that's just part of his make up - in the same way as scoring goals is. He obviously came to Hibs as a means of getting first team football - turning down other options which were probably more lucrative to do so.

He is currently being passed over by the manager in favour of a player who is unproven at SPL level and has made a speciality of fluffing his chances to do so. If Kamberi was to pretend he was happy with this situation it would be indicative of complacency and a lack of ambition. It would also be dishonest.

You think this is "behaviour" which is "bang out of order"?!? I've read the interview and all I read is a player answering questions put to him with honesty. The Sun has obviously gone with the sensationalist angle for it's headline but if you actually read the article you also see statements that he respects his manager's decisions, respects his teammates including Doidge and intends to work hard to get back into the starting line up - he only states that he will move on to achieve his dream of international football in an eventually if things don't work out context.

So - your opinion that "his behaviour is bang out of order" is frankly sensationalist bollox - maybe you should consider a career as a headline writer for the Sun!
    I understand your point and yes, the s*n are obviously looking to stir things up. At times he says it's the managers decisions etc, but there is a way you handle yourself when responding to those tyoe of questions in a press interview and he knew he was feeding them an angle. You don't do that as a professional imo. It's not the first time either.

This isn't a hecky v Flo thing for me. It's about respect for your employer and respecting the chain of command. Behind closed doors he can do what he wants (I think we all know he has). But in public, you suck it up regardless for the greater good.

Not sure why youd think all footballers should answer honestly to the press! Imagine if they did! It would be chaos

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    There's been a lot of debate about Kamberi v Doidge.
    I'm with you sickboy.
    Flo is a far better footballer.
    The sooner he's back in the starting lineup the better.
    Flo is better, no question but get the feeling he just wants out. Shaw would have a better goals return if he'd started the games Doidge has this season.

Nice of you to leave out the quotes where he said its in the past and he doesnt want to talk about it..he also wished lennon well. But that doesnt suit your agenda does it?

Kamberi quotes:

“That is ages ago,” he said. “Now everything is fine. I have to thank Neil Lennon because he brought me to Hibs, gave me game-time and for a long time gave me 90 minutes, so I just have to be thankful for what he did for me. Now everything is fine between us and I wish him and Celtic very good luck and a good season.
    Last edited by we are hibs; 20-10-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Nice of you to leave out the quotes where he said its in the past and he doesnt want to talk about it..he also wished lennon well. But that doesnt suit your agenda does it?

Kamberi quotes:

“That is ages ago,” he said. “Now everything is fine. I have to thank Neil Lennon because he brought me to Hibs, gave me game-time and for a long time gave me 90 minutes, so I just have to be thankful for what he did for me. Now everything is fine between us and I wish him and Celtic very good luck and a good season.
    Agenda? It's hibs.net, I have an opinion... His ego is bigger than pogbas.

It strikes me that the manager just wants Kamberi out the door. To bring him on in the 89th minute is just an insult to the boy. If Doidge was any good it would be a different matter. I just think back to that goal against Celtic last season, that is the quality we stand to lose.

I understand your point and yes, the s*n are obviously looking to stir things up. At times he says it's the managers decisions etc, but there is a way you handle yourself when responding to those tyoe of questions in a press interview and he knew he was feeding them an angle. You don't do that as a professional imo. It's not the first time either.

This isn't a hecky v Flo thing for me. It's about respect for your employer and respecting the chain of command. Behind closed doors he can do what he wants (I think we all know he has). But in public, you suck it up regardless for the greater good.

Not sure why youd think all footballers should answer honestly to the press! Imagine if they did! It would be chaos
    As this was in all the newspapers it must have been the club press conference with Kamberi put forward as this week’s participant.Obviously the first questions asked was how he felt about not playing.Equally obviously whoever arranged this on behalf of the club would guess this would happen.Which makes it all very strange.