hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 88

Thread: Dental implants

  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,000
    This thread is excellent reading. I had a molar removed earlier in the year and the estimated implant cost was quite high.
    Is it worth going abroad for just one implant, or is it more cost effective to wait and get a few things done?
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,993
    Quote Originally Posted by H18BYM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for this - I've just booked with them to go and get 2 implants in March. £1600 plus travel/hotel versus £6300 here. Can you recommend where/what district to stay in? I'm there for 4 full days so want to be in an area with things to do and see. Thanks
    Iím off in a couple of weeks. Quite excited about it to be honest. 😬

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member goosano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It certainly is. What happens if there's a problem connected to the dental work? Do you have to go back to Hungary or are NHS dentists here happy to help?
    Dentists here can deal with it. there is the option of going back or they do have a couple of dentists affiliated to the clinic in the UK that you can see.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member goosano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is excellent reading. I had a molar removed earlier in the year and the estimated implant cost was quite high.
    Is it worth going abroad for just one implant, or is it more cost effective to wait and get a few things done?
    I suggest getting quotes from both. Kreativ pay flights up to £150 and some accommodation and transfer costs. See what the difference is and then factor in time off work etc and see if you feel it is worth it.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member H18BYM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Silverknowes
    Age
    52
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím off in a couple of weeks. Quite excited about it to be honest.
    I'm also looking forward to it but I dont go until March. Where have you decided to stay?

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,993
    Quote Originally Posted by H18BYM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm also looking forward to it but I dont go until March. Where have you decided to stay?

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Iím just going to stay in their partner hotel. If Iím going into the city centre I just travel. Iíll be on my own so I can take it or leave it to be honest. Have to say I quite fancy a wee trip to Vienna for the day if time allows. That will just be a suck it (pardon the pun) and see.

  8. #37
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,235
    Is it really that important to be forking out these amounts of money or is it just for cosmetic purposes?

  9. #38
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,212
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it really that important to be forking out these amounts of money or is it just for cosmetic purposes?
    Good dental health is pretty easy to take for granted when you don't know anything different.

    Being unable to chew food, having an embarrassment about a poor cosmetic appearance or having to tolerate infection, pain or odour can have a significant effect on somebody's quality of life. My grandad couldn't wear a lower denture and I remember seeing him eat a bacon roll with no dentures in. It wasn't a pretty sight, and we all reach a stage in life when eating (either alone or with company) is one of the few pleasures that we have left.

    Some folk manage fine with all sorts of problems, sometimes smaller problems make people absolutely miserable. It is entirely up to the individual as to whether or not to fork out the sums of money and whether or not the results are worth it, but all of the places spoken about in this thread seem to be doing decent business at whatever price they are charging so there is obviously sufficient demand.

    Few people have cash just lying around so for anything of this value there seems to be some sort of payment plan available. We all make sacrifices and pick and choose what we spend our cash on. For some people this will be a priority, for others it won't.
    Last edited by Smartie; 20-11-2019 at 03:47 PM.

  10. #39
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all make sacrifices and pick and choose what we spend our cash on. For some people this will be a priority, for others it won't.
    Indeed, a bit extravagant if it's for cosmetic purposes but, each to their own.

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,993
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed, a bit extravagant if it's for cosmetic purposes but, each to their own.
    Iíve spent far more on fancy cars over the years. I donít have those cars now.
    I got 4 implants 15 years ago. Part necessity part vanity. Iíve still got them. As you say each to their own.

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,993
    Currently sitting my hotel room in Budapest. In at 1.00 two implants placed and an extraction at the other side. Done by 2.00. Extraction site currently agony. Implant site piece of piss. So far........😬

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,745
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Currently sitting my hotel room in Budapest. In at 1.00 two implants placed and an extraction at the other side. Done by 2.00. Extraction site currently agony. Implant site piece of piss. So far........😬
    Good luck mate, hope you get a chance to enjoy the city a wee bit as well.

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,000
    Is there a timescale between extraction and implant that would be deemed too long for an implant to be possible?
    I had an extraction about a year ago, and currently got a gap (molar, so not visible).
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,993
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a timescale between extraction and implant that would be deemed too long for an implant to be possible?
    I had an extraction about a year ago, and currently got a gap (molar, so not visible).
    I wouldnít leave it too long Stevie. I came over looking to get more work done than I actually have. I lost teeth quite a few years ago and the bone where some of my missing teeth wasnít suitable for implants. I have a solution (which is a long story) to get by without dentures but not what Iíd hoped for.

    I have to say I am currently relatively pain free for the first time in years. So much so Iím going to try and get through the day without painkillers again probably for the first time in years. Itís just a bit of an ache where the implants went in. Fingers crossed. Off to do a bit of sightseeing today. 😎

  16. #45
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,212
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a timescale between extraction and implant that would be deemed too long for an implant to be possible?
    I had an extraction about a year ago, and currently got a gap (molar, so not visible).
    A year in itself shouldnít be a problem but itís all about the amount of bone. In molar areas there is only so much bone that exists above nerves, sinuses etc and if there isnít enough bone then implants often arenít possible. That bone shrinks over time, at different rates in different people.

    If an implant is being considered, itís often best to have the extraction done in a particular way in order to preserve bone, often placing the implant immediately.

    Sometimes you just need to get the tooth out of there though. Itís not impossible to leave an area for a lot longer than a year and for implants still to be possible but there are situations when you can leave it too long and thereís insufficient bone.

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by H18BYM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just received a quote for 2 x dental implants totalling over £6k. Seems a bit excessive to me so I'm considering heading to Spain, Turkey etc. where costs seem significantly cheaper. Just wondering if anyone on here has done this already and could maybe offer some advice and/or a recommendation for somewhere specific?

    Thanks
    ..Lass in my work got het whole mouth done in Turkey last year. The results were fabulous. Done to a very high standard.

    Only down side she went too white!

    I got a front tooth implant last year in my dentist upp Toll X way... came in just over £2k iirc, it was quite tricky due to my top jaw bone. He is a top dentist, and would proper recommend.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a timescale between extraction and implant that would be deemed too long for an implant to be possible?
    I had an extraction about a year ago, and currently got a gap (molar, so not visible).
    Its about the bone... quick Xray and your dentist would tell you immediately if its doable. I got a front one put in last year and there was very little bone to workwith, and he had to use a minute pin, but he did it and I have had zero issues with it after years of getting crowns re done and refixed, a nonsense really. If I had the spare cash I would get the gap left by a molar removal done. Wouldnt hesitate.

    edit : oops! smartie has already advised its about the bone. sorry for repeating

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member goosano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Currently sitting my hotel room in Budapest. In at 1.00 two implants placed and an extraction at the other side. Done by 2.00. Extraction site currently agony. Implant site piece of piss. So far........😬
    Hope the extraction settles soon. It surprised me how straightforward and painless the implants were. Enjoy the centre, there isn't much around the Arena, one or two bars at about a quarter of the price of the hotel

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,993
    Quote Originally Posted by goosano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope the extraction settles soon. It surprised me how straightforward and painless the implants were. Enjoy the centre, there isn't much around the Arena, one or two bars at about a quarter of the price of the hotel
    All good.👍 went for a good wander today. Down the inner city via the ferencvaros stadium and shop. Done a few of the sights. Some city.
    I was walking through the Christmas Market area when I bumped into a guy I know from West Calder. Unbelievable.😂😂. Clocked up nearly 15 miles.
    Last edited by greenlex; 04-12-2019 at 02:32 PM.

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,993
    Quick update a week on. No painkillers at all now. Spoke with my usual dentist who is going to remove the stitches in my mouth next week. Return to Budapest in nine months (because Iím an old canít) or so for the bridge work etc. Only paid for work carried out so far. Excellent experience up to now. Itís going to be a long nine months.
    Last edited by greenlex; 13-12-2019 at 10:09 PM.

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,843
    THREAD HIJACK!

    Is laser eye surgery also available to the same standard/better but cheaper elsewhere? Asking for a friend 😀

    Interested to read about the potential molar implant too. I had a gap at the back already and a tooth beside it that developed an abcess.

    Failed treatment later and had an extraction thinking itís ok to chew food mostly in the other side- itís not. Unfortunately now 2 years down the line so need to check bone viabilty and assess options.

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,000
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quick update a week on. No painkillers at all now. Spoke with my usual dentist who is going to remove the stitches in my mouth next week. Return to Budapest in nine months (because Iím an old canít) or so for the bridge work etc. Only paid for work carried out so far. Excellent experience up to now. Itís going to be a long nine months.
    Spoke to my dentist about an implant today. Was quoted £3k.
    He said that it would be done in stages though. Drill and fit the titanium screw and then wait a few months for bone to secure it and then fit the tooth. Is that what would happen if I was to do it abroad? A couple of visits for the work to be done?
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,993
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoke to my dentist about an implant today. Was quoted £3k.
    He said that it would be done in stages though. Drill and fit the titanium screw and then wait a few months for bone to secure it and then fit the tooth. Is that what would happen if I was to do it abroad? A couple of visits for the work to be done?
    Yes Stevie. Same process. Two visits/ treatments a few months apart. I would definitely consider Budapest. The company I have gone with were first class and very efficient. Nice city too. Going to incorporate a holiday and longer stay when I go back next year for the second visit. One implant will not cost anywhere near that over there. Should be under a grand. (Plus travel an accommodation to be fair) Have a look.


    www.Kreativedental.co.uk.
    Last edited by greenlex; 19-12-2019 at 10:59 PM.

  25. #54
    Coaching Staff sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,249
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíve spent far more on fancy cars over the years. I donít have those cars now.
    I got 4 implants 15 years ago. Part necessity part vanity. Iíve still got them. As you say each to their own.
    Lex, are the implants you got 15 years ago still in good Nick after that ammount of time?

    I am currently in communication with the company you linked with a view to get 3 back teeth on each side replaced and one on the bottom.

    Did you need to get records from your current dentist or did you just rock up in Budapest and start afresh?

    Pleasantly surprised at the estimated costs so far.

    Kreativ will reimburse the flights if I go ahead although it's only £100 return and they will also pay for one night in the hotel. They advise a 3 or 4 day visit if getting treatment at the first visit.
    How much was the hotel for the other night's if you don't mind me asking ?

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    My Bit
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,207
    I got one of my front teeth replaced with an implant about 15/16 years ago and still going strong. It was done well at the time fitted deep into the jawbone. Dentist checks regularly and while my gum and jawbone are receding a bit it was done deep enough that I donít have any problems. I know at some point in the future I will have to get it looked at again but hopefully not for many years.

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,993
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lex, are the implants you got 15 years ago still in good Nick after that ammount of time?

    I am currently in communication with the company you linked with a view to get 3 back teeth on each side replaced and one on the bottom.

    Did you need to get records from your current dentist or did you just rock up in Budapest and start afresh?

    Pleasantly surprised at the estimated costs so far.

    Kreativ will reimburse the flights if I go ahead although it's only £100 return and they will also pay for one night in the hotel. They advise a 3 or 4 day visit if getting treatment at the first visit.
    How much was the hotel for the other night's if you don't mind me asking ?
    15 year old Implants still going strong and I just rocked up in Budapest.
    I’ve since been back to my dentist (to get the stitches out)without any problems. He was actually genuinely interested in the work I was getting done.

    I stayed 5 nights in the partner hotel (Hotel Arena) and it cost £183.B&B. Bear in mind it was in December and was slightly cheaper. The hotel transfers to and from the airport were all included in Kreative’s cost as was the shuttle from hotel to dentist. The shuttle runs every half hour.
    So far so good and would recommend them without hesitation.
    Really looking forward to going back this year to get the treatment completed once the implants have integrated.

  28. #57
    Coaching Staff sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,249
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    15 year old Implants still going strong and I just rocked up in Budapest.
    Iíve since been back to my dentist (to get the stitches out)without any problems. He was actually genuinely interested in the work I was getting done.

    I stayed 5 nights in the partner hotel (Hotel Arena) and it cost £183.B&B. Bear in mind it was in December and was slightly cheaper. The hotel transfers to and from the airport were all included in Kreativeís cost as was the shuttle from hotel to dentist. The shuttle runs every half hour.
    So far so good and would recommend them without hesitation.
    Really looking forward to going back this year to get the treatment completed once the implants have integrated.
    Cheers.

    Thats me booked up.
    Flying Out 16th Feb for 5 days.
    Can't wait.

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,993
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers.

    Thats me booked up.
    Flying Out 16th Feb for 5 days.
    Can't wait.
    Good stuff.👍

  30. #59
    @hibs.net private member H18BYM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Silverknowes
    Age
    52
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers.

    Thats me booked up.
    Flying Out 16th Feb for 5 days.
    Can't wait.
    I'm heading out on the 1st of March for 4-days. 2 x implants planned subject to the consultation going well.

    Just wondered Greenlex - what did the actual itinerary look like for your 2 x implants i.e. what happens on each day and how long does it take? Just wondering so I can think about the sightseeing plans in between. Also, did you request any info on getting the 2nd session done in London or do you have to go to Budapest for that too?

    Cheers

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    22,993
    Quote Originally Posted by H18BYM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm heading out on the 1st of March for 4-days. 2 x implants planned subject to the consultation going well.

    Just wondered Greenlex - what did the actual itinerary look like for your 2 x implants i.e. what happens on each day and how long does it take? Just wondering so I can think about the sightseeing plans in between. Also, did you request any info on getting the 2nd session done in London or do you have to go to Budapest for that too?

    Cheers
    Sorry just catching up. Flew out Sunday. Checkup and consultation on Monday. Two implants and a complicated extraction on the Tuesday. It took a little over an hour. Didnít need to go back after that. I didnít need any temporary dentures or anything as the implants were in spaces where i had lost teeth. Iím not sure that was normal but that was me done in two days . Iíd had booked flights etc for a 5 day stay so did the sightseeing bit and flew back on the Friday night. Would probably needed a day or so for temp fittings if needed
    Got stitches removed by my own dentist here a fortnight later.
    Iím going back over I late Sept/Oct to get the abutments and bridgework done. (They donít know yet but Iím going to get my current bridgework on existing implants replaced by them too) Definitely going back over to Budapest as the bridges etc are all made on site and any amendments or adjustments are only a floor away.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved