hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dental implants

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    This thread is excellent reading. I had a molar removed earlier in the year and the estimated implant cost was quite high.
    Is it worth going abroad for just one implant, or is it more cost effective to wait and get a few things done?
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18BYM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for this - I've just booked with them to go and get 2 implants in March. £1600 plus travel/hotel versus £6300 here. Can you recommend where/what district to stay in? I'm there for 4 full days so want to be in an area with things to do and see. Thanks
    Iím off in a couple of weeks. Quite excited about it to be honest. 😬

@hibs.net private member goosano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It certainly is. What happens if there's a problem connected to the dental work? Do you have to go back to Hungary or are NHS dentists here happy to help?
    Dentists here can deal with it. there is the option of going back or they do have a couple of dentists affiliated to the clinic in the UK that you can see.

@hibs.net private member goosano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    This thread is excellent reading. I had a molar removed earlier in the year and the estimated implant cost was quite high.
    Is it worth going abroad for just one implant, or is it more cost effective to wait and get a few things done?
    I suggest getting quotes from both. Kreativ pay flights up to £150 and some accommodation and transfer costs. See what the difference is and then factor in time off work etc and see if you feel it is worth it.

@hibs.net private member H18BYM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Iím off in a couple of weeks. Quite excited about it to be honest.
    I'm also looking forward to it but I dont go until March. Where have you decided to stay?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by H18BYM View Post
    I'm also looking forward to it but I dont go until March. Where have you decided to stay?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Iím just going to stay in their partner hotel. If Iím going into the city centre I just travel. Iíll be on my own so I can take it or leave it to be honest. Have to say I quite fancy a wee trip to Vienna for the day if time allows. That will just be a suck it (pardon the pun) and see.

Is it really that important to be forking out these amounts of money or is it just for cosmetic purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Is it really that important to be forking out these amounts of money or is it just for cosmetic purposes?
    Good dental health is pretty easy to take for granted when you don't know anything different.

Being unable to chew food, having an embarrassment about a poor cosmetic appearance or having to tolerate infection, pain or odour can have a significant effect on somebody's quality of life. My grandad couldn't wear a lower denture and I remember seeing him eat a bacon roll with no dentures in. It wasn't a pretty sight, and we all reach a stage in life when eating (either alone or with company) is one of the few pleasures that we have left.

Some folk manage fine with all sorts of problems, sometimes smaller problems make people absolutely miserable. It is entirely up to the individual as to whether or not to fork out the sums of money and whether or not the results are worth it, but all of the places spoken about in this thread seem to be doing decent business at whatever price they are charging so there is obviously sufficient demand.

Few people have cash just lying around so for anything of this value there seems to be some sort of payment plan available. We all make sacrifices and pick and choose what we spend our cash on. For some people this will be a priority, for others it won't.
    Last edited by Smartie; 20-11-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    We all make sacrifices and pick and choose what we spend our cash on. For some people this will be a priority, for others it won't.
    Indeed, a bit extravagant if it's for cosmetic purposes but, each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Indeed, a bit extravagant if it's for cosmetic purposes but, each to their own.
    Iíve spent far more on fancy cars over the years. I donít have those cars now.
    I got 4 implants 15 years ago. Part necessity part vanity. Iíve still got them. As you say each to their own.