hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Home Brewing

Left by mutual consent!

Home Brewing

Anybody know of home brewing clubs in Edinburgh? Ideally, I'm looking for a place where I can do the whole process, as I am limited for space in the house.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody know of home brewing clubs in Edinburgh? Ideally, I'm looking for a place where I can do the whole process, as I am limited for space in the house.
    Not very helpful but there was a Krafty brew in Leith where you could go in, brew and bottle your own but recent checks suggest they are no more, I think Stewart brewing has a home brew facility but they are based in Loanhead

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Not very helpful but there was a Krafty brew in Leith where you could go in, brew and bottle your own but recent checks suggest they are no more, I think Stewart brewing has a home brew facility but they are based in Loanhead
    Thanks, the Krafty brew would have been ideal, I knew about Stewarts, but I think its a bit expensive.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Thanks, the Krafty brew would have been ideal, I knew about Stewarts, but I think its a bit expensive.

I'm glad to know I am not the only one to think that. I haven't bought from then since I paid a ridiculous price for a pint.

Not in the centre of Edinburgh, but at a bar in Midlothian.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    I'm glad to know I am not the only one to think that. I haven't bought from then since I paid a ridiculous price for a pint.

Not in the centre of Edinburgh, but at a bar in Midlothian.
    I bought a couple of glass demi John's plus airlocks etc on gumtree a couple of years ago, to start making turbo cider.
    It's doesn't take up a great deal of space to brew, but a 2 demi John's brew produces a total of 18, x 500ml bottles of 6% abv cider.
    Once you've bought the equipment, it's a great wee hobby with some cheap but excellent end results :o)

GGTTH

GGTTH