hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sergio Ramos

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loathesome knob and I wouldn't let him anywhere near my team.

First part agreed.

Second part... if Ramos pushed for a loan move to the Leith San Siro in January, I wouldn’t say no.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Any idea where ? I have a house in a port there ?
    Played for Sevilla originally, no idea beyond that lol

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    I think you need to look up pique's honours list.
    1 fewer Champions League and European Championships than Ramos. Sure , he's won more domestic honours but those two trump La Liga and Copa Del Rey everyday of the week.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Matty Jack was so like Ramos in that clip wound everyone up even got tripped for the pen and was nowhere to be seen at the end when it all kicked off

Loved seeing Alex Smith celebrating a point only to see his face change

How good was Latapy in that short clip?
    How much of a knob was Alan Combe? Didn’t he get a ban for gobbing at the linesman or something?

And the big fellah Lauchlan had feigned injury throughout the game so there was a lot of justice about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    1 fewer Champions League and European Championships than Ramos. Sure , he's won more domestic honours but those two trump La Liga and Copa Del Rey everyday of the week.
    Aye, but pique married Shakira as well, so... He's ahead.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    How much of a knob was Alan Combe? Didn’t he get a ban for gobbing at the linesman or something?

And the big fellah Lauchlan had feigned injury throughout the game so there was a lot of justice about it all.
    Big Hibby tae currently our Goalkeeping Coach not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing?

Bobby Combe was his uncle ....I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    5 more league titles, 4 more cups, and the same amount of champions leagues. Red card Ramos couldnt lace his boots. Ramos also holds the all time record for losses in el clasico.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Loathesome knob and I wouldn't let him anywhere near my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    This!!!
    You'd both be pissing your pants with delight if he was ever linked with Hibs.

Easy to say no considering it would never happen.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Am really surprised by how strong some of the anti Ramos comments are here though he was booed by the Norwegian crowd the other night too . I always want Real Madrid to lose whether in league or CL but still reckon he`s a great player who I`ve admired since he was a teenager with Sevilla the club he and his family supported / support . I remember being in the Spain end in Hannover at the 2006 WC when France beat Spain 3 v 1 in last 16 after Spain had won all 3 group matches and fans were thinking Spain could go all the way . Was a huge disappointment for Spain but Ramos who must have been one of the youngest players in squad was the only player in squad who came and acknowledged fans . Every time Sevilla play RM he takes stick from part of Sevilla fans who will never forgive him leaving Sevilla for RM ( imagine if Pat Stanton had joined Celtic at age 20 ) and in Madrid he`s not Madrileño but a very proud Andaluz and Sevillano as well as being very proud to represent Spain . Above all he`s a great footballer . And a great professional .

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    You'd both be pissing your pants with delight if he was ever linked with Hibs.

Easy to say no considering it would never happen.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'd be revolted if he was linked with Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Fabulous footballer

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Just watched that clip - how did United not get at least 4 yellow cards (and 1 red) for screaming in the ref's face after he gave us the penalty?
    Such time wasters and divers in that game. Well done Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    5 more league titles, 4 more cups, and the same amount of champions leagues. Red card Ramos couldnt lace his boots. Ramos also holds the all time record for losses in el clasico.
    Pique has not won the same Champions Leagues as Ramos.

Pique has won 3 Champions Leagues and Ramos has won 4. Ramos has also won 2 European Championships and Pique has only won 1.

Ramos has been instrumental in all 4 of Madrid's wins including scoring goals in the finals whilst also winning MOTM at the same time.

Not bad for a player with poor positional sense.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 14-10-2019 at 05:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    He’s my favourite non-Hibs player. Even his cheating is an art.

Laughing at some posters not actually rating Ramos. Just shows you how little some on here actually know about football. Guy has won it all, and kept his place in some of the best club and national teams in the world. Yet he has bad positional sense

I love a centre half who properly attacks the ball in the opposition box at a corner. He's always a huge threat because his physical presence plus his aggression makes him such a handful. Scoring 100+ goals from CH papers over the odd imperfection defensively.

Porteous has the "attack the ball" thing as well btw. I love seeing him go up for a corner and I confidently predict he'll score and assist bucket loads in his career.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Laughing at some posters not actually rating Ramos. Just shows you how little some on here actually know about football. Guy has won it all, and kept his place in some of the best club and national teams in the world. Yet he has bad positional sense
    Couldn't agree with you more. He is the complete centre-back and also chips in with a very respectable amount of goals. Folk saying they wouldn’t take him at Hibs are living in a very odd wee world.

If we had a better goalie, Ramos in defence and SJM back, we would be hard to beat imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Here’s Lucy! View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. He is the complete centre-back and also chips in with a very respectable amount of goals. Folk saying they wouldn’t take him at Hibs are living in a very odd wee world.

If we had a better goalie, Ramos in defence and SJM back, we would be hard to beat imo.
    Wouldn't take Ramos at Hibs!? He would be up there with the greatest to ever play for us (I,m thinking only George Best could possibly beat that). Hibs must have some of the most critical fans in world football.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wouldn't take Ramos at Hibs!? He would be up there with the greatest to ever play for us (I,m thinking only George Best could possibly beat that). Hibs must have some of the most critical fans in world football.
    Bang on.

And remember, Best was more or less just a washed up drunk when we got him. Sergio is still (more or less) at his peak.

Next thing, some folk will be turning their noses up at Lionel, Cristiano and Kylian.

Nowt as funny (or fickle) as folk eh?

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting Ramos wouldn't get a game for Hibs based on his ability; it's more the fact that certain Hibs fans would prefer to like our own players, or at least not despise them. The question is whether those that dislike Ramos would dislike him if he played for Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post

The question is whether those that dislike Ramos would dislike him if he played for Hibs.
    And the answer is, of course they wouldn’t. He would become an instant hero.

Im still getting my head around Ramos supposedly lacking positional sense

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Big Hibby tae currently our Goalkeeping Coach not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing?

Bobby Combe was his uncle ....I think?
    Certainly a relative. The great man signed my 100 yrs of Hibs from behind his grocery counter in the Walk in the 70s. And Lawrie did likewise for me in the Bowlers Rest.
    Missed Gordon Smith and Willie Ormond when I could’ve covered Northfield and Musselburgh on a 44.

Just watched 2018 CL Final put in a lot of timely blocks and tackles versus Liverpool

Locked arms with Salah making sure he fell awkwardly dislocating his shoulder and could take no further part in the proceedings

Liverpool’s case not helped by a couple of unfortunate goalkeeping errors

Just watched 2018 CL Final put in a lot of timely blocks and tackles versus Liverpool

Locked arms with Salah making sure he fell awkwardly dislocating his shoulder and could take no further part in the proceedings

Oh he can be a sneaky sod for sure. Its not uncommon among the top players.

One thing is for sure though, you are not getting 168 caps for Spain and winning the World Cup, 2 Euro Championships and 4 Champions Leagues if you are lacking in positional sense.

Was it not Ramos that gave Mignolet the concussion that lead to the goalkeeping errors as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Was it not Ramos that gave Mignolet the concussion that lead to the goalkeeping errors as well?
    Yip!

Also tried his best to see off Karius as well

Dirty Boy!

https://youtu.be/chyx3g0KeoE

Try actually watching the guy. You know that because someone is a world class player not every aspect of their game is world class. I'm sure you only watch him in big champions league games and international tournaments. He is usually very good in big games.

Watch Barcelona beating Real 6-2. Ramos scores a brilliant header to get it back to 3-2. 30 seconds later he is absolutely miles out of position, Henry gets in, 4-2.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Try actually watching the guy. You know that because someone is a world class player not every aspect of their game is world class. I'm sure you only watch him in big champions league games and international tournaments. He is usually very good in big games.

Watch Barcelona beating Real 6-2. Ramos scores a brilliant header to get it back to 3-2. 30 seconds later he is absolutely miles out of position, Henry gets in, 4-2.
    Iv seen plenty of him over the years. I don’t just watch Champions League. But cheers for making that assumption. Of course he is going to make the odd mistake. So did Baresi and Maldini. No one is perfect. But the guy is one of the best CB’s in the world and will retire as one of the all time greats

Iv seen plenty of him over the years. I don’t just watch Champions League. But cheers for making that assumption. Of course he is going to make the odd mistake. So did Baresi and Maldini. No one is perfect. But the guy is one of the best CB’s in the world and will retire as one of the all time greats
    25 red cards is more than the odd mistake. I doubt Maldini, Baresi, Cannavaro, Nesta, Costacurta and Chiellini have that between the lot of them.

A fantastic player, definitely one of the all time greats. A tier below all of those guys on pure defensive ability. Makes up for it in many other ways. Really don't see why that is so hard to fathom.