hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Sky sports news .. breaking news update feed

Just home and see on sky sports news

“Hibernian Manager Paul Heckingbottom....... “

“Has been banned for 3 matches”

Jesus ... never I have I been so disappointed seeing a headline bout the cabbage ...

Was hoping to see headlines declaring “ has resigned “ ... “Been sacked “ ... “outed as a fraud” ... “ realises he hasn’t a clue what a high pressing game” means

Ach well can hope and dream one day soon 🙄😢

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Great thread, thanks for sharing 🙌🏽

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    You must be fun at parties?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSA Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Jesus ... never I have I been so disappointed seeing a headline bout the cabbage ...

Was hoping to see headlines declaring “ has resigned “ ... “Been sacked “ ... “outed as a fraud” ... “ realises he hasn’t a clue what a high pressing game” means

GGTTH
    Ffs...

@hibs.net private member

GGTTH
    Interesting observations.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    kSA Moves in mysterious ways. ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

GGTTH
    You do that. I'll hope he stays

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hear hear! We've had enough managerial merry-go-round. Some folk seem to love getting a new coach every so often.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar

GGTTH
    10/10 content.
    10/10 banter.
    10/10 would read again.

@hibs.net private member
    Wow. One win against St Mirren must be the new acceptable for some.

Standards dropping each week. People even happy on here to draw 1-1 against ten men last week after being a goal up.

He’s hopeless and needs emptied right now.

While we don't need another thread on this and the last three matches have been an improvement to some extent I'm surprised anyone would *want* him to stay.

GGTTH
    A quite groundbreaking contribution to the .Net tome.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Standards dropping each week. People even happy on here to draw 1-1 against ten men last week after being a goal up.

Spot on. After the last few years, i find it totally bizarre that some are happy to accept the rapid decline.

He's wasted the budget on dross, killed the momentum, split the fanbase - i really struggle to see a case for the defence.

We were on 11pts at this stage under Fenlon. Fenlon resigned with 15pts, after the first round of fixtures. 15pts is the MAXIMUM we can have after the first round, and I do not see us winning 3 on the bounce.

Unfortunately unlike Fenlon, PH does not have the decency to resign, his quote, managers contract only being worth the severance package etc - reflecting pretty poorly on him.

After a hugely successful period for the club, some folk are kidding themselves on that PH is capable of turning this round.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Standards are definitely not dropping each week, that’s absolute nonsense. The last three games have all been an improvement on previous games both results wise and performance wise (the last 2 games performance wise anyway).

People are happy with a draw against ten men because we played well and regardless of 10 men or not, a draw at Pittodrie is a pretty decent result.

I presume nobody has an issue with the result at Ibrox anymore as we were down to 10 men that day and it would seem that any team that’s down to 10 men is fair game for a skelping the way folk are making out like there’s no excuses for not tanking a team who have had a men sent off. I mean Aberdeen have a budget that dwarves ours and were at home, we were away to a team with a budget that dwarfs ours and Aberdeen’s combined.. would stand to reason then that a demolishing was on the cards surely?
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 11-10-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    Spot on. After the last few years, i find it totally bizarre that some are happy to accept the rapid decline.

He's wasted the budget on dross, killed the momentum, split the fanbase - i really struggle to see a case for the defence.

We were on 11pts at this stage under Fenlon. Fenlon resigned with 15pts, after the first round of fixtures. 15pts is the MAXIMUM we can have after the first round, and I do not see us winning 3 on the bounce.

Unfortunately unlike Fenlon, PH does not have the decency to resign, his quote, managers contract only being worth the severance package etc - reflecting pretty poorly on him.

After a hugely successful period for the club, some folk are kidding themselves on that PH is capable of turning this round.
    Where did he say this about the severance package? Genuinely never read that before.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Where did he say this about the severance package? Genuinely never read that before.
    He said words to that effect in an interview but it's being taken out of context, he was stating that the three year contract means nothing in this day and age as he could be paid off at any time. Must have been a pre match interview as I can't find it online right now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    He said words to that effect in an interview but it's being taken out of context, he was stating that the three year contract means nothing in this day and age as he could be paid off at any time. Must have been a pre match interview as I can't find it online right now.
    Was it not said as part of the news article from the time he was at Leeds?

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....ht-fire-584888

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post

Why should he have the decency to resign that’s just a crazy comment. If he believes he can turn it around why would he, and wether they are big enough strides for some the last 3 game have shown an improvement. I wouldn’t walk away if I thought that and it’s my livelihood on top.

Standards are definitely not dropping each week, that’s absolute nonsense. The last three games have all been an improvement on previous games both results wise and performance wise (the last 2 games performance wise anyway).

People are happy with a draw against ten men because we played well and regardless of 10 men or not, a draw at Pittodrie is a pretty decent result.

I presume nobody has an issue with the result at Ibrox anymore as we were down to 10 men that day and it would seem that any team that’s down to 10 men is fair game for a skelping the way folk are making out like there’s no excuses for not tanking a team who have had a men sent off. I mean Aberdeen have a budget that dwarves ours and were at home, we were away to a team with a budget that dwarfs ours and Aberdeen’s combined.. would stand to reason then that a demolishing was on the cards surely?
    It's a fair point that people shouldn't claim that there's been no improvement when there has but things on here are even more black and white than normal on here.

There's also the fact that it's a small improvement from a very bad place.

The Killie game was a poor game where we did what we had to and as that's a cup game it's a pass.
    Games against Celtic I tend not to expect much (although I had higher hopes under NL) so a point is decent.
    Aberdeen right now are as poor as I've seen them for a bit. A draw would normally be a good result against them but probably drops to decent given their current form and the fact we were ahead against 10 men.

So yes, improvement but only to the extent that in my book he gets just enough credit to merit another games in charge (though that is largely because changing managers is a pain in the arse and I'm fair minded enough to say that if we didn't fire him when the results were utter dog s**te then it sits oddly firing him after better ones).

His problem now is that the next few games there's no credit to be had for draws, losses or terrible performances.
    Three teams above us that, with our budget we should be beating. I'd be amazed if we win all three and if he doesn't win at least one he's surely gone.
    The fact that I'm even saying "win at least one" reflects on how unlikely I think it is that the board will take action because that should be a minimum of 7 points or bye-bye.

I'll be honest - the very best I think he's capable of is turning us into mid table plodders who flirt with the top 6 and that's nowhere near good enough.
    And if he doesn't turn it around then relegation is a very real fear.

Regardless of the last few results I think that since the St Johnstone game in late August it's just been a matter of when he leaves the club and how it happens. And it'll be this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    It's a fair point that people shouldn't claim that there's been no improvement when there has but things on here are even more black and white than normal on here.

There's also the fact that it's a small improvement from a very bad place.

The Killie game was a poor game where we did what we had to and as that's a cup game it's a pass.
    Games against Celtic I tend not to expect much (although I had higher hopes under NL) so a point is decent.
    Aberdeen right now are as poor as I've seen them for a bit. A draw would normally be a good result against them but probably drops to decent given their current form and the fact we were ahead against 10 men.

So yes, improvement but only to the extent that in my book he gets just enough credit to merit another games in charge (though that is largely because changing managers is a pain in the arse and I'm fair minded enough to say that if we didn't fire him when the results were utter dog s**te then it sits oddly firing him after better ones).

His problem now is that the next few games there's no credit to be had for draws, losses or terrible performances.
    Three teams above us that, with our budget we should be beating. I'd be amazed if we win all three and if he doesn't win at least one he's surely gone.
    The fact that I'm even saying "win at least one" reflects on how unlikely I think it is that the board will take action because that should be a minimum of 7 points or bye-bye.

I'll be honest - the very best I think he's capable of is turning us into mid table plodders who flirt with the top 6 and that's nowhere near good enough.
    And if he doesn't turn it around then relegation is a very real fear.

Regardless of the last few results I think that since the St Johnstone game in late August it's just been a matter of when he leaves the club and how it happens. And it'll be this year.
    Can’t disagree with much of that at all. I’m not saying any of the results from the last three games were absolutely outstanding but they were all decent - good imo. They’ve set him up for a crack at 3 winnable games where imo we need at least 7 points. If he can get that then I reckon the noose should be loosened for a wee bit and see how we go (unless we quite clearly fall into the sort of performances and results from the start of the season after the next three).

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    While we don't need another thread on this and the last three matches have been an improvement to some extent I'm surprised anyone would *want* him to stay.
    Some people like relegation battles.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Some people like relegation battles.
    Is this the folk that are desperate to see us fail every week so they can come on here and say I told you so?

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar

Not sure what you were watching but the feeling with my crowd on the way to the pub after the game suggested that we didn't at all play well and at the end were hanging on for a point against their 10 men.

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    Not sure what you were watching but the feeling with my crowd on the way to the pub after the game suggested that we didn't at all play well and at the end were hanging on for a point against their 10 men.
    We didn’t at all play well? Do you think we played decent? Or badly?

Left by mutual consent!
    Is this the folk that are desperate to see us fail every week so they can come on here and say I told you so?
    No it’s the people backing a coach who is taking us there and try backing him up with the most absolute of straw clutching because they don’t want to admit they’ve backed a plumb.

Left by mutual consent!
    We didn’t at all play well? Do you think we played decent? Or badly?
    It was a poor result and we didn’t see out win against ten men. How can that be described as played well?

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    No it’s the people backing a coach who is taking us there and try backing him up with the most absolute of straw clutching because they don’t want to admit they’ve backed a plumb.
    Ah ok. I’d say it’s more the folk who want us to lose games to see the manager sacked. We’ll agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    You’re wasting your time. Some folk have taken a position and ain’t budging from it, which is up to them of course. Even if current form is relegation form.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ah ok. I’d say it’s more the folk who want us to lose games to see the manager sacked. We’ll agree to disagree
    Nobody wants us to lose games. In fact you seem content with drawing games where most of us want us to start actually winning a game of football. 👍