hibs.net Messageboard

Dons and Hibs together against racism

To coincide with 'Show Racism the Red Card - Wear Red Day” in workplaces and schools on Friday 4th, fans from both Aberdeen and Hibernian will be leafletting the Premiership fixture tomorrow at Pittodrie.

Supporters aim to raise awareness about the growing threat of the far right and racism at football grounds up and down the country.

Players will hold up red cards before kickoff which we hope is supported by a round of applause in solidarity with those in football and in society who have suffered from racist abuse.

For more information : #WearRedDay #FootballLadsAgainstFascism Join us: https://twitter.com/FlafScotland
    Last edited by RIP; 04-10-2019 at 12:30 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good to see. The far right and their racist bile are even less welcome at Hibs than any other Scottish ground and long may it continue.

This is very much welcomed.

In amongst all the political chaos at the moment, the racists and fascists are looking to exploit the situation by directing blame towards immigrants etc. in order to gain some form of "credibility"
    It's not enough to be offended by the comments and actions of the racists and fascists - people need to get out there and confront them.

Good stuff

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Supporters aim to raise awareness about the growing threat of the far right and racism at football grounds up and down the country.
    Is this a thing in Scotland?

Can’t say I’ve ever, and I mean ever, seen anything remotely far right at, or anywhere near ER.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Can’t say I’ve ever, and I mean ever, seen anything remotely far right at, or anywhere near ER.
    We tend to substitute it for sectarianism. There was also the Tommy Robinson and Hearts thing.

In terms of ER, long may that continue but we must be diligent.

There's a certain section of Hearts fans who were/are quite focal in their support for Tommy Ten Names - they tried to get him along to a game. A few Free Tommy stickers were spotted in parts of the City.
    A Rangers pre season game was targeted by a group supporting Robinson and I believe that he's also been spotted at Airdrie.

Sadly, there has been some Hibs fans associated with the SDL in the past.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I’ll not be wearing red at a Hibs Aberdeen game!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Good to see that these sheep ****ging *******s can put the wool to one side when it comes to an issue like this.

The Far Right groups, SDL, EDL and the North East Infidels joined forces in the away end at the Newcastle friendly at Easter Road recently. Singing No Surrender and hero worshipping the DFLA and Yaxley Lennon.

That’s the racist politics we need to kick out of football.

Also apologies for confusion. Wear Red is happening TODAY it’s just a coincidence that Hibs are playing Aberdeen tomorrow lol

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Good to see. The far right and their racist bile are even less welcome at Hibs than any other Scottish ground and long may it continue.
    Yes proud of that.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

In my 40+ years attending games in Scotland, I've seldom experienced any issues with racism. Sectarianism on the other hand is rife.

Or is sectarianism included under the racism banner in this context? Even if it is included, it's not obvious. I think 'show sectarianism the red card' would be more appropriate in a Scottish context.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Initiatives like this aren't necessarily going to work on adult fans, but could have a positive influence on any youngsters in attendance.

Anything that increases awarenes can only be good.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 04-10-2019 at 10:21 AM.

I won't be wearing much red tomorrow but will clap enthusiastically when the red cards are held up and have a show racism the red card pin badge I can wear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    In my 40+ years attending games in Scotland, I've seldom experienced any issues with racism. Sectarianism on the other hand is rife.

Or is sectarianism included under the racism banner in this context? Even if it is included, it's not obvious. I think 'show sectarianism the red card' would be more appropriate in a Scottish context.

We should have both

There are elements within the Rangers support who are broadening out from the narrow Catholic/Protestant Irish situation to a more Trumpist far right in general view point.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    There are elements within the Rangers support who are broadening out from the narrow Catholic/Protestant Irish situation to a more Trumpist far right in general view point.
    Yes. Seemed to grow from a unionist agenda during the Indie ref and then further right during the brexit journey ....

Very good initiative and great to see Hibs supporters pairing up with Aberdeen fans to cover both sections of the support. Unity is strength. No place for racism in football or society in general.

@hibs.net private member
    I've never had to deal with any racism in the last year at my school, yesterday it was beyond belief how much I had to deal with. Not so sure these focus days work.

Fellow Hibees.

Thanks for the excellent reception to the anti racism leafleting. Lots of handshakes and statements of support. Gracious no thanks and not a single objector. Aberdeen boys got the same reaction from their fellow supporters.

A few folk mentioned the Marvin Bartley and Uche Ikpeazu incidents and one young lassie stated ‘Get that Tommy Robinson tae xxxx’ 😆. Racists and their far-right imitators have no place on the terraces.

GGTTH!

Testimonial Due
    Fellow Hibees.

Thanks for the excellent reception to the anti racism leafleting. Lots of handshakes and statements of support. Gracious no thanks and not a single objector. Aberdeen boys got the same reaction from their fellow supporters.

A few folk mentioned the Marvin Bartley and Uche Ikpeazu incidents and one young lassie stated ‘Get that Tommy Robinson tae xxxx’ 😆. Racists and their far-right imitators have no place on the terraces.

GGTTH!
    GGTTH great work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I think 'show sectarian songs the red card' would be more appropriate in a Scottish context.
    sorted that for you.
    That would be great.
    It would really strike at the heart of the matter anf **** the gumbys up in the larger teams support

First Team Breakthrough

Neither have i. Whats the problem and why are we raising it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moody Blues View Post
    Neither have i. Whats the problem and why are we raising it.
    Fair question.

Racist incidents (Marvin Bartley, Scott Sinclair, Uche Ikpeazu, Shay Logan).
    English racists infiltrating the Newcastle support at the recent friendly.
    Airdrie and Hearts fans and Tommy Robinson.
    The D Football Lads Alliance trying to drum up support North of the border.

Football is a wonderful sport that is truly multicultural and international. It has no colour or gender. People who try and link football or fans to racist politics should not be welcome in our stadia or terracing. That’s why players hold up the red card and supporters join together to say Stand Up to Racism.

Glory Glory

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Fair question.

Racist incidents (Marvin Bartley, Scott Sinclair, Uche Ikpeazu, Shay Logan).
    English racists infiltrating the Newcastle support at the recent friendly.
    Airdrie and Hearts fans and Tommy Robinson.
    The D Football Lads Alliance trying to drum up support North of the border.

Football is a wonderful sport that is truly multicultural and international. It has no colour or gender. People who try and link football or fans to racist politics should not be welcome in our stadia or terracing. That’s why players hold up the red card and supporters join together to say Stand Up to Racism.

Glory Glory
    Airdrie? Still? Seriously? I know they had a problem years back (Section B?) And had a tradition of loyalist fans down the years along with that wee lodge that stood outside Broomfield, but I’m struggling to imagine their contingent now. Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Airdrie? Still? Seriously? I know they had a problem years back (Section B?) And had a tradition of loyalist fans down the years along with that wee lodge that stood outside Broomfield, but I’m struggling to imagine their contingent now. Got a link?

Dunno about Airdrie but this was Motherwell's bunch of idiots about eight years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Dunno about Airdrie but this was Motherwell's bunch of idiots about eight years ago.
    The man in question got sacked after that suspension, I know that for sure. I suppose calling your group the ****ing SS was a giveaway.
    Still intrigued about Airdrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Here you go buddy

https://www.thesun.co.uk/video/news/...-airdrie-game/
    Last edited by RIP; 13-10-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Back to despising Airdrie it is.

I can never fathom why anyone feels a Nazi salutes is either justified or amusing/clever, in any circumstances.