hibs.net Messageboard

James English interviews

Apologies if already covered, stumbled across his chats on youtube a while back and have quite enjoyed them, TC Campbell, Paul Ferris, Jason Marriner (that was quite funny) last night I watched two of the Luke Mitchell ones, quite thought provoking, certainly pricked my ears up listening to his Mother and the lass who was on the previous one. Miscarriage of justice ? Sounds like an absolute **** up of a case.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    My mate is a defence lawyer and he sat through the Mitchell case as part of his training, he's always said he thought he had something to do with it but the evidence he was convicted on was shocking and a stitch up

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My mate is a defence lawyer and he sat through the Mitchell case as part of his training, he's always said he thought he had something to do with it but the evidence he was convicted on was shocking and a stitch up
    Same for David Gilroy over the Suzanne Pilley murder. The case was all completely circumstantial and there's not many murder convictions without the recovery of a body.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Thats what gets me though is the lack of evidence, not a single bit of Mitchells dna was on that lassie, I know he was clever but to not leave a trace points to a monumental **** up by the authorities, added to that the failure to chase up other evidence or interview others in their sheer insistence to nail Mitchell just stinks, I hope if he is ever cleared then those that failed him are hauled into the dock.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Same for David Gilroy over the Suzanne Pilley murder. The case was all completely circumstantial and there's not many murder convictions without the recovery of a body.
    I dont know about that one, would love them to find that lassies body in the hope that they can nail him, I think he did do it.

That case reminded me of the Louise Tiffney case where the Son was let off with her murder, at the time no body found, however his car was traced on the A1, after he denied it, soil and foliage was found in the boot of his car and experts said that the foliage is from rare plants only found in the Archerfield estate, her remains were recently found in bushes beside the estate, be interesting to see what happens now.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    I dont know about that one, would love them to find that lassies body in the hope that they can nail him, I think he did do it.

That case reminded me of the Louise Tiffney case where the Son was let off with her murder, at the time no body found, however his car was traced on the A1, after he denied it, soil and foliage was found in the boot of his car and experts said that the foliage is from rare plants only found in the Archerfield estate, her remains were recently found in bushes beside the estate, be interesting to see what happens now.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-48772774
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 13-10-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Back to the OP point. I discovered the James English interviews a few weeks ago. Though I'd no idea who he is I thought I'd give them a go as his list of guests were intriguing.

And I have to say I've been well impressed with all the ones I've watched.
    The 3 dealing with the Mitchell case were a real eye opener for me. I was obviously aware of the case at the time but to hear the lack of evidence against laddie was pretty staggering.

I like his shows format of simply letting his guests talk.

Well worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Cheers BW, I do remember talk of a retrial but didnt see that date, will be keeping an eye on that one 👍

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Back to the OP point. I discovered the James English interviews a few weeks ago. Though I'd no idea who he is I thought I'd give them a go as his list of guests were intriguing.

The 3 dealing with the Mitchell case were a real eye opener for me. I was obviously aware of the case at the time but to hear the lack of evidence against laddie was pretty staggering.

Well worth checking out.
    The blink McDonald one is good, quite funny. I watched the Johnny Mad Dog Adair one and after it finished I scrolled down to see a good documentary about the young reporter lassie who was shot during the recent troubles in Ireland, well worth a look mate 👍

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post

Well worth checking out.
    I’ll look into these. Are they audio or video?

Gilroy is appealing his sentence. Also Gilroy was interviewed by someone a few weeks ago, but it’s on a pay site. Wouldn’t have minded listening to that as well

https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Body-of...tOverride=true

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’ll look into these. Are they audio or video?

Gilroy is appealing his sentence. Also Gilroy was interviewed by someone a few weeks ago, but it’s on a pay site. Wouldn’t have minded listening to that as well

https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Body-of...tOverride=true
    On video and audio mate 👍

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    The blink McDonald one is good, quite funny. I watched the Johnny Mad Dog Adair one and after it finished I scrolled down to see a good documentary about the young reporter lassie who was shot during the recent troubles in Ireland, well worth a look mate 👍
    Cheers pal, I'll have a look at that once the Scotland game finishes.

Check out Criminologist Sandra Lean on youtube, she worked on the Luke Mitchell case, she knows her stuff 👍

A cracking interview recently uploaded with Anna Brees on her mission to expose the enormous paedophile ring cover up within huge organisations particularly the BBC

Really good watch/listen

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    A cracking interview recently uploaded with Anna Brees on her mission to expose the enormous paedophile ring cover up within huge organisations particularly the BBC

Really good watch/listen
    Will check that one out 👍