hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that new donators to hsl are no longer getting shares in hibernian football club
    They are though? Each new member donates his £225 straight to the football club, and becomes a member of HSL with a “say” on the 15% shareholding just the same as the 1500 existing members?

I agree with what I think you are saying - create a separate scheme for donating money to the club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    They are though? Each new member donates his £225 straight to the football club, and becomes a member of HSL with a “say” on the 15% shareholding just the same as the 1500 existing members?

I agree with what I think you are saying - create a separate scheme for donating money to the club.
    HSL need to make this clear. Surely its only existing members who have a say on the voting of the 15% shareholding. As new donaters are only doing it as a donation to the club, nothing to do with shareholding any more.
    Thats another reason why it needs seperating.
    It would be good if someone from hsl to clarify this on here.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    I’m not happy with chucking money at the club with no accountability - I think it’s a mistake for an owner that’s been in place for 5 months to be backed like this.

I’ll be withdrawing when I’ve paid up my full membership unless things change in the interim, which I hope they will.
    I suspect what you meant to say was
    “Thank you HSL for giving me the opportunity to have my name on a shirt to be worn by the team I love. It was an outstanding initiative but once I have done that I intend to stop my contribution and simply be a supporter in the conventional way”
    But instead it came out as a dig at HSL and, by inference, at the club.
    Everyone is absolutely entitled to support or be a fan of the club exactly as they please or as their financial position will allow but is it really necessary to use that as an excuses to introduce such negativity?

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    “Thank you HSL for giving me the opportunity to have my name on a shirt to be worn by the team I love. It was an outstanding initiative but once I have done that I intend to stop my contribution and simply be a supporter in the conventional way”
    Everyone is absolutely entitled to support or be a fan of the club exactly as they please or as their financial position will allow but is it really necessary to use that as an excuses to introduce such negativity?
    “Everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion but here’s exactly what you should be thinking...”

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    “Everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion but here’s exactly what you should be thinking...”
    Nope. I said “I suspect” what you intended to say.
    That’s what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    You suspect wrong Sherlock because firstly, I signed up prior to the shirt initiative, and secondly because my name won't be going on the shirt as I won't be paid up on time - and I'm not going to pay up early. I will however see out my contribution to full membership.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not about to stop my HSL donations - however I do agree that, given the new ownership arrangements whereby HSL contributions will no longer contribute to fan ownership, the goalposts have now been moved and therefore the model on which HSL works needs to change also.

Personally I would favour some kind of membership scheme whereby the overriding purpose remains to be additional fundraising directly for the benefit of the football team - some sort of benefits could be granted which we could all then have massive arguments on here about - falling out with each other and casting aspersions on Petrie's dubious motives before realising that he's now buggered off to the SFA and has nothing to do with it.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I'm not about to stop my HSL donations - however I do agree that, given the new ownership arrangements whereby HSL contributions will no longer contribute to fan ownership, the goalposts have now been moved and therefore the model on which HSL works needs to change also.

Personally I would favour some kind of membership scheme whereby the overriding purpose remains to be additional fundraising directly for the benefit of the football team - some sort of benefits could be granted which we could all then have massive arguments on here about - falling out with each other and casting aspersions on Petrie's dubious motives before realising that he's now buggered off to the SFA and has nothing to do with it.
    I genuinely thought that was what the vote was for, they've also already said that there will be follow up votes so that we can change our minds as the picture develops.

At meetings it was made clear that HSL were looking to get a dialogue going with the Nominees and that any money pot for shares was to support any talks etc.

There will also be a point at which the pot of money covers what we're willing to pay for those shares, at that time I'm sure HSL would be advocating that 100% of monies collected goes to the playing side. In short, the shares/team split is only temporary anyway.

That's my take on it from reading what HSL have said on here/elsewhere and at the meetings.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk