hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about a Springbank? To be fair the typical Springbank doesn't hate all westerners and some of the illegitimate English people referred to may not be white however they are clearly ignorant and intolerant so maybe its not a bad word to use to describe a racist.
    Had to Google that, turns out it's a fine malt whisky

2. Log in to remove the advert

Soooo, do we have any update on the Jack Ross situation?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Soooo, do we have any update on the Jack Ross situation?

Hes in a suite in some amazing hotel in Barbados, reclining on a huge bed with £500k in payoff dough, a fridge full of caviar and champagne and a couple of Russian hookers if he has any sense.........................

He could maybe do a line or two as well to ram it up people from Rotherham.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Charming!!

How long did that take you to write.
    Presumably his/her prejudice doesn't allow them to understand that without all the Scottish and Welsh votes cast in favour of Brexit there would have been no majority for Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    What a load of pish.
    I've lived in Rotherham for over 30 yrs, are there places you wouldn't want to live?
    Of course there are, but equally there's many places where it's lovely, just like any other town/city.
    Are there drug addicts? Of course there are, just like any other town/city.
    I was laughing at your post as you inferred that Rotherham was somehow worse than Sunderland when in fact most towns/cities have the same problems and it isn't all to do with poverty, London is probably one of the richest cities in the world but I'd hazard a guess that drugs are as big a problem there as in Rotherham.
    My ex was from Rotherham. Well, Wath upon Dearne actually. It is a terrible place, no offence. But personally, I think Sunderland is worse. London actually has most of the most
    deprived wards in the UK, so yeah, sorry to contradict but poverty really is the main factor in how bad your town is to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    My ex was from Rotherham. Well, Wath upon Dearne actually. It is a terrible place, no offence. But personally, I think Sunderland is worse. London actually has most of the most
    deprived wards in the UK, so yeah, sorry to contradict but poverty really is the main factor in how bad your town is to live in.
    No offence taken, I've already said that there's places you wouldn't want to live.
    I just thought the posters point about a high percentage of drug users was ridiculous,it's no different to any other working class town which all have their share of addicts, non addicts, good/bad people, poverty/wealth.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Hes in a suite in some amazing hotel in Barbados, reclining on a huge bed with £500k in payoff dough, a fridge full of caviar and champagne and a couple of Russian hookers if he has any sense.........................
    Moving away from offending Rotherham, is Russia renowned for its hookers and why not Barbadian ones?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Moving away from offending Rotherham, is Russia renowned for its hookers and why not Barbadian ones?
    You’ve never encountered a Russian hooker then I’m guessing?

Ross was always on to a hiding with Sunderland felt he did well there unlucky in playoff final big gamble from the chairman

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Presumably his/her prejudice doesn't allow them to understand that without all the Scottish and Welsh votes cast in favour of Brexit there would have been no majority for Brexit.

Good point ODS

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Ross was always on to a hiding with Sunderland felt he did well there unlucky in playoff final big gamble from the chairman
    I don’t know enough about the sunderland situation to know if you’re right or wrong, I’m not sure I agree with the bad luck thing though, with his budget if you’re good enough then you’re blowing teams away not relying on luck.

With regards to the Sunderland chairman’s gamble though, Ross’s replacement looks like a shocker. Time will tell if he’s right or not but if I was a Sunderland fan I’d be pretty gutted at that appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don’t know enough about the sunderland situation to know if you’re right or wrong, I’m not sure I agree with the bad luck thing though, with his budget if you’re good enough then you’re blowing teams away not relying on luck.

With regards to the Sunderland chairman’s gamble though, Ross’s replacement looks like a shocker. Time will tell if he’s right or not but if I was a Sunderland fan I’d be pretty gutted at that appointment.
    What was his budget?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    What was his budget?
    Appeared to be higher than the teams he was competing with, sorry, can’t be more specific than that.

I can understand supporters dubious about jack ross's management style,sunderland fans have had a hard fall from grace though,and ross is arguably the best gaffer they have had in a while.but the seethe is so intense at that clubs demise,they are getting clean tore into anyone appointed relatively quick.

I will stick with my intuition on jack ross,I think he will be a good gaffer for someone.

Appeared to be higher than the teams he was competing with, sorry, can’t be more specific than that.
    Exactly.

Sunderland's wage bill for the 2018 season was £46m from a turnover of £63m

Rotherham's wage bill for the same season was £6m, turnover £9m.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Sunderland's wage bill for the 2018 season was £46m from a turnover of £63m

Rotherham's wage bill for the same season was £6m, turnover £9m.

That's an incredible difference, but not surprising. Sunderland have always had a fantastic support for what is quite a small city.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    That's an incredible difference, but not surprising. Sunderland have always had a fantastic support for what is quite a small city.
    TBF it's a bit misleading as Sunderland were in the Championship in that season and also had £41.6m parachute payments included in their turnover. The parachute payment for 2018-19 was £34.9 m and for the current season is £15.5m - still more than Rotherham's total turnover.

Also, I picked Rotherham because the town was getting slagged off (unfairly IMO) earlier in the thread, maybe a better comparison would be Hecky's (until Feb 2018) Barnsley. Their turnover for the same season was a tad under £14m, wage bill was £10.6m.

Both Sunderland and Barnsley were relegated to League 1 at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Had to Google that, turns out it's a fine malt whisky
    It is a very fine malt whisky

One that will struggle with tariffs in the bxstard Brexit that so many hibees seem to be in love with.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    It is a very fine malt whisky

One that will struggle with tariffs in the bxstard Brexit that so many hibees seem to be in love with.

Jack Ross voted for Brexit