Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So in your opinion what makes you think he is an incompetent coach
    Our league position

1 league win since April

Negativity

Baffling substitutions

Reluctance to use our young players

Replacing a midfielder with a second striker against Rangers at Ibrox when we were reduced to 10 men

His signings

No high pressing and unfit looking players

Do you think he's competent? If so, what are your reasons?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Our league position

1 league win since April

Negativity

Baffling substitutions

Reluctance to use our young players

Replacing a midfielder with a second striker against Rangers at Ibrox when we were reduced to 10 men

His signings

No high pressing and unfit looking players

Do you think he's competent? If so, what are your reasons?
    I dont know if he is a competent coach or not, I've never seen one of his coaching sessions but have heard that he is a good coach, as I said earlier he is maybe one of these guys that should be a coach and not a manager. The things you have stated dont make him a bad coach do they? They make him a bad manager. The only player that looks unfit is horgan but that's not just something that's happened since he came in, he was like that under lennon as well

I do think his time has come to an end but wouldnt say that makes me think he is an arse

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He's not the only poster with the same opinion, the fact that we've really struggled since the start of the season, even against lower league teams in the Betfred.
    Again, how does that make him a bad coach? It doesnt

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    He's the head coach, not the manager.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

At this moment in time it doesn't look like he's a good coach, forget the caretaker job at Brnsley as they were another managers players but when he took over Barnsley he had a poor record 35.24% and 25% at Leeds. So far with us he's on 39.39% but that's with help from the end of last season's games, in total he's on 35.35% overall career wise, which isn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    He's the head coach, not the manager.
    Does it really matter what his title is? You have your mind made up about the guy and nothing will change it, hopefully if he is still here at the end of the season it means he is doing a decent job which is what we all want at the end of the day

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Does it really matter what his title is? You have your mind made up about the guy and nothing will change it, hopefully if he is still here at the end of the season it means he is doing a decent job which is what we all want at the end of the day
    No, it doesn't matter what his title is. I didn't draw the distinction, you did.

IMO, he's incompetent whatever you want to call him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Of course it matters what his title is. He’s a coach and not a manager, as head coach he’s failed very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Of course it matters what his title is. He’s a coach and not a manager, as head coach he’s failed very badly.
    Ok, so what has he failed at so far? Season is still ongoing(yes not great yet but still not that far behind 3rd place. A few wins and we move swiftly up the table), still in the cup so not failed at that either. I think his time is at an end now due to his relationship with some of the fans but so far he hasnt failed at anything

Don’t think the job title matters. He’s the guy that looks after the first team and he’s crap at it, whatever he’s called.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ok, so what has he failed at so far? Season is still ongoing(yes not great yet but still not that far behind 3rd place. A few wins and we move swiftly up the table), still in the cup so not failed at that either. I think his time is at an end now due to his relationship with some of the fans but so far he hasnt failed at anything
    Are you joking me? We’ve one once in the league this season, drew against the worst team in Scotland, got humiliated at Ibrox and Motherwell, lost to the worst hearts team at home statistically in my life. Not that far behind third? We’re miles begins. His signings have been under par as has the performances on the park.

Hasn’t failed at anything 😂😂😂😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Don’t think the job title matters. He’s the guy that looks after the first team and he’s crap at it, whatever he’s called.
    There must be a reason he’s the HC and not the manager though. The rest I agree with.

I think his time is at an end now due to his relationship with some of the fans
    Think it’s more to do with results than that.

There must be a reason he’s the HC and not the manager though. The rest I agree with.
    Because that’s what we’ve chosen to call him.

I think folk get too hung up on the structure and all that stuff. The days of having a ‘manager’ who controls everything at the club top to bottom are long, long gone. Even at clubs where the manager is still called the manager.

I think folk get too hung up on the structure and all that stuff. The days of having a ‘manager’ who controls everything at the club top to bottom are long, long gone. Even at clubs where the manager is still called the manager.
    Correct, it’s just a new term to refer to the gaffer, manager, HC whatever

Left by mutual consent!

👍

Are you joking me? We’ve one once in the league this season, drew against the worst team in Scotland, got humiliated at Ibrox and Motherwell, lost to the worst hearts team at home statistically in my life. Not that far behind third? We’re miles begins. His signings have been under par as has the performances on the park.

Hasn’t failed at anything 😂😂😂😂
    Has the season ended already, are we out the cup already? 10 points is hardly miles, things change quickly, yip got a gubbing at ibrox, it's happened before and will probably happen again. Plenty of rubbish hearts teams have beaten us in the past.

Think it’s more to do with results than that.
    Yip results havent been great but hopefully the last 3 games have shown we can be a hard team to beat and we kick on from here

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I dont know if he is a competent coach or not, I've never seen one of his coaching sessions but have heard that he is a good coach, as I said earlier he is maybe one of these guys that should be a coach and not a manager. The things you have stated dont make him a bad coach do they? They make him a bad manager. The only player that looks unfit is horgan but that's not just something that's happened since he came in, he was like that under lennon as well

I do think his time has come to an end but wouldnt say that makes me think he is an arse
    I have no idea about his coaching skills, i suspect they might be good, as he certainly talks a good game.

I think as a manager he's clearly not good, and instead of me saying why, just read Radges post again.

Has the season ended already, are we out the cup already? 10 points is hardly miles, things change quickly, yip got a gubbing at ibrox, it's happened before and will probably happen again. Plenty of rubbish hearts teams have beaten us in the past.
    Nope but if we continue in the same way, there is a live danger of us being in serious trouble when the season does end.

You can't seriously be watching us this season and tell us things are going alright?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Nope but if we continue in the same way, there is a live danger of us being in serious trouble when the season does end.

You can't seriously be watching us this season and tell us things are going alright?
    Of course things arent going alright, we are at the wrong end of the table, but we are in the fortunate position that there is plenty time left and we arent a million miles behind as others are suggesting, we are able to compete with almost every team in the league as the last 3 games have shown so I'm hopeful things can get better and we progress up the table