hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,770

    91 LC Run – Kilmarnock 28/08/91

    Any collectors know of a spare copy of Killie away in the 91 LC run 28th August?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    That’s a difficult one to pick up took me years to get that one and it’s not on eBay much at all .wasn’t at that game , the Killie LC one from following season easy to pick up and was at that one . Maybe not many printed or maybe the Hibees scooped them up because we knew we were gonna win the thing ! Could it be an omen !

  4. #3
    Testimonial Due hibby6270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Leith, Edinburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any collectors know of a spare copy of Killie away in the 91 LC run 28th August?
    Been searching for this one for a while also.

    Race ya!!

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scoopsville
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,791
    Me too. Been looking for it for years. Got the others at the games but didn't see a seller at the game

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,770
    It’s clearly a toughie.

  7. #6
    Testimonial Due hibby6270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Leith, Edinburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,322
    Finally got my hands on a copy of this programme. More by luck than judgement.
    Guy on eBay was selling a complete season of 24x 91/92 Killie programmes. Obviously didn’t want them all and he hadn’t individually listed them. Anyhow, a few DMs later he agreed to sell the 28th Aug programme separately.

    Paid a small premium but worth it to get hold of it. Slight smearing of the print on the front put cover but otherwise in great condition.

    What is it they say? Persevere!!

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,770
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally got my hands on a copy of this programme. More by luck than judgement.
    Guy on eBay was selling a complete season of 24x 91/92 Killie programmes. Obviously didn’t want them all and he hadn’t individually listed them. Anyhow, a few DMs later he agreed to sell the 28th Aug programme separately.

    Paid a small premium but worth it to get hold of it. Slight smearing of the print on the front put cover but otherwise in great condition.

    What is it they say? Persevere!!
    Well done sir.

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scoopsville
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally got my hands on a copy of this programme. More by luck than judgement.
    Guy on eBay was selling a complete season of 24x 91/92 Killie programmes. Obviously didn’t want them all and he hadn’t individually listed them. Anyhow, a few DMs later he agreed to sell the 28th Aug programme separately.

    Paid a small premium but worth it to get hold of it. Slight smearing of the print on the front put cover but otherwise in great condition.

    What is it they say? Persevere!!
    Well done.

    That's one less of us looking for it now

  10. #9
    First Team Breakthrough budgiemcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    101
    There's one on eBay just now guys. 8 days to go. Not me selling I might add. :)

    Does anyone have Queens Park away from the 1972 League Cup games spare? Needing that to close out the cup games for 72, 91, 07 and 16. Brian who's got the shop on Albion Road has been brilliant in getting a few of the rarer ones for me over the last couple of months but this is the last I'm needing.

  11. #10
    Testimonial Due hibby6270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Leith, Edinburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by budgiemcb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's one on eBay just now guys. 8 days to go. Not me selling I might add. :)

    Does anyone have Queens Park away from the 1972 League Cup games spare? Needing that to close out the cup games for 72, 91, 07 and 16. Brian who's got the shop on Albion Road has been brilliant in getting a few of the rarer ones for me over the last couple of months but this is the last I'm needing.
    There was a QP Hibs away 1972 programme for sale on eBay last week. I was following it out of interest to see what it sold for (I have one already). Ended on 6th June and didn’t sell. Asking price £1-99 plus P&P.

    I’ll PM the sellers ID. Appears to be a Hibby that was selling it. Might be worth contacting them?

    I also noticed the Kilmarnock programme. I managed to get hold of it a couple of weeks ago. Didn’t pay anything like what this latest one is standing at. That said, this one looks in slightly better condition on the front cover compared to the one I purchased.

    It’s typical eh? Like London buses, wait ages for this programme to come along and 2 arrive at more or less the same time!!
    Last edited by hibby6270; 08-06-2020 at 08:45 PM.

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,770
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was a QP Hibs away 1972 programme for sale on eBay last week. I was following it out of interest to see what it sold for (I have one already). Ended on 6th June and didn’t sell. Asking price £1-99 plus P&P.

    I’ll PM the sellers ID. Appears to be a Hibby that was selling it. Might be worth contacting them?

    I also noticed the Kilmarnock programme. I managed to get hold of it a couple of weeks ago. Didn’t pay anything like what this latest one is standing at. That said, this one looks in slightly better condition on the front cover compared to the one I purchased.

    It’s typical eh? Like London buses, wait ages for this programme to come along and 2 arrive at more or less the same time!!
    The seller on the QP programme withdrew the lot so he / she must’ve got an offer.

  13. #12
    The Killie programme is up to £52 now. Is there any benefit in bidding that much with 8 days to go?

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,770
    £69 it was then. Pricey.
    Hope someone on here was lucky. I’d have gone that far too but I’m happily out of the running for this one now thanks to a dear mate and tremendous collector on here who came up with the necessary.

  15. #14
    Testimonial Due hibby6270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Leith, Edinburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £69 it was then. Pricey.
    Hope someone on here was lucky. I’d have gone that far too but I’m happily out of the running for this one now thanks to a dear mate and tremendous collector on here who came up with the necessary.
    All I can say is ebay “moves in mysterious ways”.

    I was following the £69 programme out of interest. The guy I bought my copy from A week or so ago, even messaged me not believing what this one was selling for. Thankfully, he was happy with the amount I offered him, which was a lot less than £69!!!

    I was also following another identical programme - different seller - £3 starting price. Ended today also.
    DIDN’T SELL.
    Bargain still there for someone if it is relisted.
    Or does anyone want the user name for a direct contact? FCFS by PM.

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,770
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I can say is ebay “moves in mysterious ways”.

    I was following the £69 programme out of interest. The guy I bought my copy from A week or so ago, even messaged me not believing what this one was selling for. Thankfully, he was happy with the amount I offered him, which was a lot less than £69!!!

    I was also following another identical programme - different seller - £3 starting price. Ended today also.
    DIDN’T SELL.
    Bargain still there for someone if it is relisted.
    Or does anyone want the user name for a direct contact? FCFS by PM.
    Seen plenty of Killie v Ayr with the same cover photo but not the Hibs issue. Hopefully it’s out there for someone.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member hibeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I can say is ebay “moves in mysterious ways”.

    I was following the £69 programme out of interest. The guy I bought my copy from A week or so ago, even messaged me not believing what this one was selling for. Thankfully, he was happy with the amount I offered him, which was a lot less than £69!!!

    I was also following another identical programme - different seller - £3 starting price. Ended today also.
    DIDN’T SELL.
    Bargain still there for someone if it is relisted.
    Or does anyone want the user name for a direct contact? FCFS by PM.
    The guy pulled the auction as no doubt he got an offer, he would have got £50 plus, I would guess.

  18. #17
    Unfortunately I missed out this time but my search goes on haha. I think £70 will be the going rate as it becomes harder to get.

  19. #18
    First Team Breakthrough budgiemcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The seller on the QP programme withdrew the lot so he / she must’ve got an offer.
    He tore it an had to pull the auction. Poor fella.

    Ended up picking one up from a Jambo of all people. Pricey sum of......£1.

    72, 91, 07 and 16 now complete.

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scoopsville
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by budgiemcb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He tore it an had to pull the auction. Poor fella.

    Ended up picking one up from a Jambo of all people. Pricey sum of......£1.

    72, 91, 07 and 16 now complete.
    When you say 72 complete does that include the away games at QOTS and Dundee Utd?

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,770
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you say 72 complete does that include the away games at QOTS and Dundee Utd?

  22. #21
    First Team Breakthrough budgiemcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    38
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you say 72 complete does that include the away games at QOTS and Dundee Utd?
    Well, complete for programmes that were available!

  23. #22
    Testimonial Due hibby6270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Leith, Edinburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by budgiemcb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, complete for programmes that were available!

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scoopsville
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,791
    Quote Originally Posted by budgiemcb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, complete for programmes that were available!
    I had heard there was no programmes printed for these games and I guess your reply confirms it.

    Quite disappointing really that QOTS and Dundee United didn't print them.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,770
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had heard there was no programmes printed for these games and I guess your reply confirms it.

    Quite disappointing really that QOTS and Dundee United didn't print them.
    I’ve been struggling to find as much as a newspaper cutting for either game.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scoopsville
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,791
    There is a full set of 1991 programmes on ebay just now, can be bought for £110.

    I looked at all the front covers magnified and they looked to be in great nick.

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,534
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a full set of 1991 programmes on ebay just now, can be bought for £110.

    I looked at all the front covers magnified and they looked to be in great nick.
    If it helps anyone, the final can be got for £5:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1991-Scottish-League-Cup-Final-Football-Programme-Hibernian-v-Dunfermline-/223910298918
    Mon the Hibs.

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member BenjiOscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prestonpans
    Age
    49
    Posts
    183
    The Queen’s Park away programme from 1972 is on eBay again starting at £0.99 if anyone is interested.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)