Have you seen anything to suggest any different? £350,000 wasted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you seen anything to suggest any different? £350,000 wasted

When did you see MacLaren playing as a lone striker for Hibs?

McLaren scores a few goals against utter dross and suddenly we should have kept him, people have short memories he would be brutal in this team as he was poor in better Hibs teams

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    When did you see MacLaren playing as a lone striker for Hibs?
    Yer totally missing the point.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Yer totally missing the point.

Not at all, it's just some of the nonsense people come out with on here for the sake of having a cheap dig at the team/players is becoming more & more tiresome.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Not at all, it's just some of the nonsense people come out with on here for the sake of having a cheap dig at the team/players is becoming more & more tiresome.

Thread about Jamie Maclaren scoring a hatrick? Perfect opportunity to slate Christian Doidge.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam6270 View Post
    Maclaren was awful
    He was hardly awful

First Team Breakthrough
    MaClaren was weak, slow, never looked confident taking a penalty and just offered nothing. He Sclaffed a couple of goals and I could not understand the clamour to bring him back but hey he scored a hat-trick against Nepal so let’s all pretend he was an amazing striker

@hibs.net private member
    MaClaren was weak, slow, never looked confident taking a penalty and just offered nothing. He Sclaffed a couple of goals and I could not understand the clamour to bring him back but hey he scored a hat-trick against Nepal so let’s all pretend he was an amazing striker
    No one is suggesting he is an “amazing” striker - you on the other hand are suggesting a decent pro, who plays international football is “awful”....

You are wrong ...

Everything about your post is utter nonsense

Coaching Staff
    When Jamie was with us, I got pelters for suggesting that he was neither a superstar, or useless, but a reasonable player.

That is still my opinion.

He will score a few against lesser teams, but struggle to score against good defences.

I reckon if he played in the Scottish Championship he’d go close to being top scorer, but against tighter Premier Division defences would struggle a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    When Jamie was with us, I got pelters for suggesting that he was neither a superstar, or useless, but a reasonable player.

He will score a few against lesser teams, but struggle to score against good defences.

I reckon if he played in the Scottish Championship he’d go close to being top scorer, but against tighter Premier Division defences would struggle a bit.
    Double figures in his first season would suggest he didnt struggle, his last season yes but that was down to a variety of different factors, as you say he is never going to be a world beater but think he done enough to suggest he would be more than capable of scoring up here and is a much better option than what we have as reserve just now

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Hmmm!

Surprised at you Fred

5 goals from 9 appearances so far for Melbourne City

76 career goals from 139 professional appearances to date

4 goals from 14 appearances for Australia

All of the above suggest he is more than decent

OK not a world beater not the best outside the box but going on the above all he does is score goals

What we would give for someone that could score goals?

That is why good goalscorers cost money and I am sure Melbourne City did not get him on the cheap

Source:

Wiki
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 11-10-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Yep, as I said, they all play at a high level😉
    Haha top man. I missed that completely first time around. Very good.

Hibs have had far worse strikers than Jamie McLaren who chipped in with a few in big games even if long term it didn't work out.

Did Valdas Trakys, Shefti Kuqi or Eddie "The Tank
    score any goals at all in their equally short spells with the club.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Hmmm!

Surprised at you Fred

5 goals from 9 appearances so far for Melbourne City

76 career goals from 139 professional appearances to date

4 goals from 14 appearances for Australia

All of the above suggest he is more than decent

OK not a world beater not the best outside the box but going on the above all he does is score goals

What we would give for someone that could score goals?

That is why good goalscorers cost money and I am sure Melbourne City did not get him on the cheap

Source:

Wiki
    He’s ok in Oz, but struggles against the tight marking of international teams..well most of them!

He’ll do well in Oz, in the A League where the defences tend to ‘stand off’ strikers.

His third goal against Nepal though, was technically very impressive, so credit where it’s due.

My observation is not a personal slight at Jamie btw, just how I have assessed his fitba performances over the years.

Jamie is a top bloke, and I wish him every success.

@hibs.net private member
    Jamie is a penalty box striker. He won't score many outside the box or get loads of assists and he'd likely struggle in this Hibs team.

Then again, we're terrible going forward so I suspect better players than him would too.

But I reckon he'd have put away a couple of the changes Doidge had at Aberdeen.

Players like Jamie aren't in vogue right now as managers want a lone striker who can hold the ball up. But the guy scored a hatrick against Sevco FFS and people are saying he's awful!

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    That same “ raffle winner “ scored 8 goals from 15 appearances four of which were as a sub scoring the winner at Ibrox also scoring in victories at Easter Road versus Celtic Hearts and Kilmarnock ( who were flying at the time ) and add a hatrick versus The Rangers in that same season

We currently have a centre forward who has scored 2 goals from 12 appearances and looks as though he hasn’t even bought a ticket for the raffle and could not buy a goal
    You’ve really just backed me up and just provided examples of his poaching. It’s all he his. His 1st touch is shocking, he can’t beat a man, he can’t hold it up, he’s not quick, he’s weak, he can’t link the play.

He demonstrated all of this in his 1st spell as well. Particularly away from home were the only contribution he ever made for us was that penalty ‘winner’ at Ibrox which McGregor should’ve threw his cap on. The game against Celtic at home he was almost as bad as Aberdeen but the only difference was he converted the tap in opportunity that he missed at Pittodrie.

I genuinely can’t think of another player currently in world football like him. Pure Poachers like him just don’t exist anymore. Those poacher only types that have a record of 1 goal in every 2 or 3 games don’t exist anymore. Coaches worked out in the 80’s and 90’s that in games they aren’t scoring they’re as good as a man short, meaning that your playing more than half your games with 10 men.

One thing is for certain is binning him will not come back to bite us.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    You’ve really just backed me up and just provided examples of his poaching. It’s all he his. His 1st touch is shocking, he can’t beat a man, he can’t hold it up, he’s not quick, he’s weak, he can’t link the play.

He demonstrated all of this in his 1st spell as well. Particularly away from home were the only contribution he ever made for us was that penalty ‘winner’ at Ibrox which McGregor should’ve threw his cap on. The game against Celtic at home he was almost as bad as Aberdeen but the only difference was he converted the tap in opportunity that he missed at Pittodrie.

I genuinely can’t think of another player currently in world football like him. Pure Poachers like him just don’t exist anymore. Those poacher only types that have a record of 1 goal in every 2 or 3 games don’t exist anymore. Coaches worked out in the 80’s and 90’s that in games they aren’t scoring they’re as good as a man short, meaning that your playing more than half your games with 10 men.

One thing is for certain is binning him will not come back to bite us.
    Absolute rubbish!

One example his header in the 5-5 versus The Rangers was a carbon copy of the McNulty chance missed whilst playing for Scotland and repeated whilst playing for HIBS the following Saturday

Also his goal versus Hearts in the Natural Order Derby where he showed brilliant ball control and tenacity beating three Hearts defenders to slot away the second

Looking back at that Season it is a widely held belief that Potter got the better of Lenny psychologically and if he had played our normal team at Tiny we would have beat Hearts nae bother

Please also see my reply to FF re his career goals scored to date

You are correct he would not score goals under Hecky the way he sets us up i

We have no width penetration or pace

It is not Jamie who is gash it is Heckys HIBS team

He is better off where he is back home scoring goals for fun at a club where he is appreciated and loved by the fans

Opinions eh?
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 12-10-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Boyle back might help the width and pace tbf

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Jamie is a penalty box striker. He won't score many outside the box or get loads of assists and he'd likely struggle in this Hibs team.

Then again, we're terrible going forward so I suspect better players than him would too.

But I reckon he'd have put away a couple of the changes Doidge had at Aberdeen.

Players like Jamie aren't in vogue right now as managers want a lone striker who can hold the ball up. But the guy scored a hatrick against Sevco FFS and people are saying he's awful!
    OK!

He’s ok in Oz, but struggles against the tight marking of international teams..well most of them!

He’ll do well in Oz, in the A League where the defences tend to ‘stand off’ strikers.

His third goal against Nepal though, was technically very impressive, so credit where it’s due.

My observation is not a personal slight at Jamie btw, just how I have assessed his fitba performances over the years.

Jamie is a top bloke, and I wish him every success.
    👍🏾

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    We’ve had some utter dross up front over the years who’d make MacLaren look like Aguero.

He only scored for us against top premiership sides. 1 against Kilmarnock, Hearts, Celtic, Aberdeen and 4 goals against Rangers. Only goal against a non top six side he scored for us was against Partick Thistle. Boy showed up in big games

I watched Western Sydney v Central Coast the other morning and the standard was Scottish Championship level at best, probably nearer League 1.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I watched Western Sydney v Central Coast the other morning and the standard was Scottish Championship level at best, probably nearer League 1.
    To be fair, that game was Indeed very much a poor one.

Several WSW first teamers
    were missing,

WSW impressed in the pre season cup and I expected big things from them, but in this opening day of the new season match they looked like a bunch of individual players who had never met before.

TECHNICALLY I think Oz fitba is a bit ahead of Scotland, but rarely is it played at the same pace of a SPFL game.

It’s not the EPL or La Liga by any means, but the example you use to judge the standard, was IMHO not a true reflection of the general standard
    .....the way both teams played in that particular match, I think Cowdenbeath would beat them!

were missing,

WSW impressed in the pre season cup and I expected big things from them, but in this opening day of the new season match they looked like a bunch of individual players who had never met before.

TECHNICALLY I think Oz fitba is a bit ahead of Scotland, but rarely is it played at the same pace of a SPFL game.

It’s not the EPL or La Liga by any means, but the example you use to judge the standard, was IMHO not a true reflection of the general standard
    .....the way both teams played in that particular match, I think Cowdenbeath would beat them!
    Thats ma boy!

were missing,

Don't always get a chance to watch Oz football as I'm usually getting ready to go to work but caught this half hour of it and as I said wasn't overly impressed but as you see more of it I'll take your word for it being slightly better than the game I saw.

Scored again today in a 7-1 win.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    He did. The standard in their group is horrific, even Katie Price has a team in it

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Was only on the pitch for the final 12 minutes

My hero! 😁