hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member
    I was going to say that I am pleased, because I don’t like the idea that we are developing a rivals player.

Then I remembered Hendo.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I dont care that hes a Rangers player.

He just not very good or better than what we have in our own youth setup

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Whilst acknowledging the poor set up and balance of the side as factors in Middleton’s poor contributions, there is also a clear lack of confidence in his own abilities and lack of football intelligence there too.

To be fair, I missed the derby so I didn’t catch his short cameo in that game, but overall I been unimpressed. He appears unwilling to try and take a man on by going round the outside and using his pace, instead he’s looking for a pass inside, often to a man who is in no better position than him. This was exemplified v Celtic. He had the ball, the defence was quite narrow with a lot of space out wide. He tried to pass inside, the ball was cut out and hit back off him, forcing him to carry on his run. He went straight on and was dispossessed easily. There was the freedom of the pitch out wide. I didn’t understand why he couldn’t work that out. Knock the baw wide, get the head down and go for it.

That scenario sums him up for me, regardless of other factors. Perhaps better coaching could help his decision making. It just seems like basic level game intelligence to me.

I would be playing Murray in that position, or at least giving him the same opportunity to make an impact.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont care that hes a Rangers player.

He just not very good or better than what we have in our own youth setup
    Henderson mentioned above took a while to get into the swing of things also and was sub a lot. Games will give the player confidence and there’s clearly a player in there.

I think Middleton is a good option to have, look at the impact he had coming on against hearts the few runs etc nearly scoring. When boyles fit again I hope we see Middleton/Horgan one side and boyle the other that should share the weight of counter pace about. It will be easier to run at defenders when you’re not the only person in the team capable of it. And as much as it pains me I think he’s been hindered with playing on the left as Stevenson has offered 0 in the final third this season, he has looked reluctant to even play a forward pass. But hopefully when boyles back Middleton/Horgan on the left boyle on the right will see an upturn from all 3

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Henderson mentioned above took a while to get into the swing of things also and was sub a lot. Games will give the player confidence and there’s clearly a player in there.
    Another myth.

Henderson was a sub for half a dozen games in a 45 game season

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Another myth.

Henderson was a sub for half a dozen games in a 45 game season
    He played a full 90 mins for us once before November. I did think he was a sub a lot more mind you, must have just been him getting subbed 👍

What else was a myth by the way?

I don't think he's a bad player. But you have to ask yourself if he was a Hibs youngster putting in those performances would anyone be excited about them as a prospect? Not sure I would.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    I thought in the relatively short time he was on against Hearts he shows directness and promise - can’t comment on the other games.

Let’s not condemn him before he’s had a chance I mean how long are we giving players or is it the instant success “just add water” we’re demanding?
    This is the problem with taking players on loan though. He's with us for a year so unfortunately we don't have the luxury of giving him half the season to get up to speed.

We're effectively improving one of ours rivals players. I'm not crazy about that but if the person coming in is immediately a step above what we have then fair enough.

But if he's getting minutes with us to improve and show his form but our own young guys like Murray aren't then something ain't right.

He shouldn’t need getting up to speed as he’s played fairly regularly including for the Scottish under 21s and a fair number of games for Rangers last season and presumably took part in their pre season.

There's nothing wrong with his fitness, he's up to speed.

The problem he has is that he's been launched into an atrocious team whose tactics don't suit the personnel. There are a few good players who have struggled in our team this year.

He was very good for the U21s last month and it wouldn't surprise me if he went on to have an excellent career. He won't look back on this spell with much fondness.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

The problem he has is that he's been launched into an atrocious team whose tactics don't suit the personnel. There are a few good players who have struggled in our team this year.

He was very good for the U21s last month and it wouldn't surprise me if he went on to have an excellent career. He won't look back on this spell with much fondness.
    He also played more central the time I watched the 21s and was very effective in there

Whether he's good enough or not I don't care! But it's disrespectful to hibs to just delete everything. I don't buy into this thing that he's being forced to by the Huns.

Did they make Jason Cummings delete everything Hibs related? No!

He can get ta ******!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish-Hibee View Post
    Whether he's good enough or not I don't care! But it's disrespectful to hibs to just delete everything. I don't buy into this thing that he's being forced to by the Huns.

He can get ta ******!
    Yeah, thats the same right enough.

He can get ta ******!
    Im on the other side. I care that we signed a football player who isn’t good enough. I couldn’t give a damn about their social media accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Whilst acknowledging the poor set up and balance of the side as factors in Middleton’s poor contributions, there is also a clear lack of confidence in his own abilities and lack of football intelligence there too.

To be fair, I missed the derby so I didn’t catch his short cameo in that game, but overall I been unimpressed. He appears unwilling to try and take a man on by going round the outside and using his pace, instead he’s looking for a pass inside, often to a man who is in no better position than him. This was exemplified v Celtic. He had the ball, the defence was quite narrow with a lot of space out wide. He tried to pass inside, the ball was cut out and hit back off him, forcing him to carry on his run. He went straight on and was dispossessed easily. There was the freedom of the pitch out wide. I didn’t understand why he couldn’t work that out. Knock the baw wide, get the head down and go for it.

That scenario sums him up for me, regardless of other factors. Perhaps better coaching could help his decision making. It just seems like basic level game intelligence to me.

I would be playing Murray in that position, or at least giving him the same opportunity to make an impact.

Good summary!
    Completely agree with your comments regarding Murray, we should be giving our own youngsters first chance.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    The fee is normally the total of the wages to be paid by club being loaned the player. It can be paid by installments. There is a refund of some the fee if the player is recalled.
    I think you’re maybe jumping to conclusions. How would you know the terms of the deal? The arrangement could be set up in a multitude of ways.

He can get ta ******!
    And how does this compare to when Cummings was there?

He can get ta ******!
    Apart from the Cummings comparison being utter nonsense.... You don’t care if he’s good enough to play for us but you do care what he posts on social media? 🤔

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Did they make Jason Cummings delete everything Hibs related?
    He can get ta ******!

Jeezo! Definitely a contender for most ridiculous post of the year!

He can get ta ******!
    Your well in front of Glen in the que of people who should GTF.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    See Hibs have uploaded pictures to social media of Glenn Middleton playing for Scotland and referring to him as our on loan winger.. can put that one to bed then.

Left by mutual consent!

He can get ta ******!
    Alright Stokesy?

I still love you mate 💚💚💚

p.s everyone ripping the post, read again in a Stokesy accent.

pps what’s the deleted word if it’s not F...?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    See Hibs have uploaded pictures to social media of Glenn Middleton playing for Scotland and referring to him as our on loan winger.. can put that one to bed then.
    Glenn sounds a Tory name, he’s the devil mate.

He was MOM tonight all be it in a 0-0 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    He was MOM tonight all be it in a 0-0 draw.
    Aye, hes crap right enough. Says more about Hecky, if I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

This.

ahhh

so back again after not leaving.... slow friday zzzzzzzzzzz