hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Pillows

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Pillows

I don't sleep particularly well (which is why I'm glad I found the acronym thread as thinking about solutions distracts my brain and helps me fall asleep) and I'm regularly repositioning and plumping my pillows during the night.

However, having threatened to do so for years, I finally researched Tempur pillows and bought one yesterday.

It may have been coincidence or some sort of placebo effect, but I had the best sleep and longest without interruption, that I can remember.

No drink, no sleep aids, just a Tempura Comfort Original pillow.

If you haven't invested in a quality pillow, I recommend that you do. A third of our lives are spent sleeping, or trying to sleep. It makes sense to invest in it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

My wife has one and loves it.i found it too hard and high I have one (can’t remember the brand) that’s quite low which is supposed to keep the neck back and shoulders aligned.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Can't beat a good deep fried pillow.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Three big high pillows for me, sleep perfectly.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

I get a better sleep when my pillow is cold, is that strange ? I often during the night (Im generally a poor sleeper) flip my pillow over from the really warm side to the cooler side and it feels more comfortable, until it warms up again 😆

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get a better sleep when my pillow is cold, is that strange ? I often during the night (Im generally a poor sleeper) flip my pillow over from the really warm side to the cooler side and it feels more comfortable, until it warms up again 😆

A flipping night: I agree with you.

Warm bed cold room cool pillow and plenty of booze.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    A cold pillow is one of life’s simple pleasures. I have a Dunlopillow... can highly recommend.

I get a better sleep when my pillow is cold, is that strange ? I often during the night (Im generally a poor sleeper) flip my pillow over from the really warm side to the cooler side and it feels more comfortable, until it warms up again ��
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    A flipping night: I agree with you.

Warm bed cold room cool pillow and plenty of booze.
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    A cold pillow is one of life’s simple pleasures. I have a Dunlopillow... can highly recommend.
    I tried a few pillows in Dreams the other day.

Tempur had a pillow especially for folk you. The difference between it and the others was actually remarkable. It was noticeably colder.

If you're passing a Dreams, you should pop in and give them a try,

There's a soft version and a firmer one (last 2 on the page). https://www.dreams.co.uk/bedding/pil...brand%3ATEMPUR
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I tried a few pillows in Dreams the other day.

Tempur had a pillow especially for folk you. The difference between it and the others was actually remarkable. It was noticeably colder.

If you're passing a Dreams, you should pop in and give them a try,

There's a soft version and a firmer one (last 2 on the page). https://www.dreams.co.uk/bedding/pil...brand%3ATEMPUR
    Cheers D, will look at that, need a firm but not too firm, I have had this habit of sleeping with my face on the back of my hand, think thats a security thing as I remember my Mum telling me that years ago. With regards pillows I don't like fluffy suffocating ones

My Wife uses one of those ortho pillows, Ive tried it, it feels like my head is on a breeze block

Cheers D, will look at that, need a firm but not too firm, I have had this habit of sleeping with my face on the back of my hand, think thats a security thing as I remember my Mum telling me that years ago. With regards pillows I don't like fluffy suffocating ones

My Wife uses one of those ortho pillows, Ive tried it, it feels like my head is on a breeze block
    I've got the firmer of the 2 but there is an even firmer one. My wife has the softer cloud version and I quite like it too.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    I love .net

PS gonna check out a couple of those options above :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Don't sleep on your front is my advice. Or on the bathroom floor. Or on the kitchen floor.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    The cold side of the pillow is as good as life gets and absolutely free (apart from the original cost of the pillow )
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    The cold side of the pillow is as good as life gets and absolutely free (apart from the original cost of the pillow )
    Totally mate, mon the cold pillows 😆

Quote Originally Posted by fjosoo View Post
    You should not wear a bra every day, because there is a fixation of the chest and compression of blood flow, which is very detrimental to the health of women; This item is intended for those cases when you prefer a sporty style in clothes. For other styles, a bra is definitely not suitable. Do you think that the special orthopedic bras can be worn every day? I am so tired of underwires, I want to buy a wireless https://ortorex.com/p/bra/ one and that corrects my bad posture!
    Probably best to start a bra thread

You should not wear a bra every day, because there is a fixation of the chest and compression of blood flow, which is very detrimental to the health of women; This item is intended for those cases when you prefer a sporty style in clothes. For other styles, a bra is definitely not suitable. Do you think that the special orthopedic bras can be worn every day? I am so tired of underwires, I want to buy a wireless https://ortorex.com/p/bra/ one and that corrects my bad posture!
    I hope you get all the support you need.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Hmm not the best kind of pillow talk this I would suggest ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of life's great mysteries is how on earth what passes as a "pillow" in most European hotels is permitted. Little larger than a crisp packet and with about as much padding. I got one of those memory foam ones a while back and it is great.