hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We had played our first five games before playing Aberdeen, Celtic or the derby and only had 4 points to show for it. I think that's maybe what was meant.
    The first quarter of the season was what was said, not first five games. I’d agree our first 5 or so games wasn’t too bad though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Why’s our start been favourable? We’ve played the biggest 4 teams (outwith ourselves) in the league, 2 at home, 2 away and also the team who are currently clear in 3rd away from home in our first 8 games. We’ve been poor, no doubting that, but let’s not start throwing in some nonsense about us having some sort of really easy start to the season as if we’ve avoided playing anyone half decent.

I’m not going to claim it’s been unfavourable btw, but claiming it’s been favourable is just an attempt to make things look worse. A bit like when folk are slating doidge for missing loads of chances and then going onto other threads to tell everyone we didn’t create enough chances.
    We’ve played the champions at home, hearts at home, two worst teams in the league at home.

Wait until we have to go to them away and look at December. We had a very solid platform to build on our first two games Ibrox the only difficult one.

We needed a good start to the season considering what’s ahead of us.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    We’ve played the champions at home, hearts at home, two worst teams in the league at home.

Wait until we have to go to them away and look at December. We had a very solid platform to build on our first two games Ibrox the only difficult one.

We needed a good start to the season considering what’s ahead of us.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one then. In no way can having the 4 biggest teams and also the “dark horse” in Motherwell in our first 8 games be described as favourable imo. Not necessarily unfavourable either, but I definitely wouldn’t look at our fixtures so far and think “really easy run that”

We've just had 2 good results v Celtic and Aberdeen away. Question marks over aspects of the performances and should have beat Aberdeen. Point is it isn't about who we are playing, we play them all anyway (barring a few differences with the split) it's about how we are playing and what we do

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye, three games, but who were they against?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one then. In no way can having the 4 biggest teams and also the “dark horse” in Motherwell in our first 8 games be described as favourable imo. Not necessarily unfavourable either, but I definitely wouldn’t look at our fixtures so far and think “really easy run that”
    Fair enough, in my opinion our run of games coming up before NY is a lot, lot tougher.