hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Three games unbeaten!

C'mon Hecky's Heroes!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I admire your fishing but you’re not wrong. Majority of people on here and at Easter Road reckoned we would be out the cup and hammered by both Celtic and Aberdeen. Yes we were lucky at times against Celtic and should’ve won today but it’s unbeaten in 3 now after losing the previous 3! There’s clearly still work to do, but it will come together. I reckon we will bounce around until January and then a few key signings will be pivotal in us challenging top 6 and possibly 4th.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875-Hibernia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I admire your fishing but you’re not wrong. Majority of people on here and at Easter Road reckoned we would be out the cup and hammered by both Celtic and Aberdeen. Yes we were lucky at times against Celtic and should’ve won today but it’s unbeaten in 3 now after losing the previous 3! There’s clearly still work to do, but it will come together. I reckon we will bounce around until January and then a few key signings will be pivotal in us challenging top 6 and possibly 4th.
    You’re dreaming man.

I’ve tried to be positive

When you struggle to create chances, then create them and miss them, that’s a massive problem

Chucking 2 points when you’re winning stems from poor team management

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Not won in 90 minutes in 9 games now .. shocking form

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

You trust PH with the clubs money in another window???

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    You trust PH with the clubs money in another window???
    Unfortunately as a fan I don’t have much of a say just yet on who gets what say with transfers. However, like I’ve previously said the issues aren’t all PH fault - recruitment has been crap for a while and the ageing players should’ve been replaced last season. He will be given the January transfer window as a minimum. Although point still stands the games we were told we would be gubbed in we’ve not lost.

Left by mutual consent!
    4th!! Ahahahahaha.

Thanks for lightening my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    You’re dreaming man.

I’ve tried to be positive

When you struggle to create chances, then create them and miss them, that’s a massive problem

Chucking 2 points when you’re winning stems from poor team management
    I’m not fully convinced longrun PH is the man to take us to challenge for Europe- where I want us and believe we should be. We created chances today and Doidge looks like he will benefit from some psychoanalysis believes he can score but the players have to take responsibility at some point.

Too many shandies.

We were up against a poor Dons team today who were low in confidence and we still couldn’t win even when they had 10 men.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    4th!! Ahahahahaha.

Thanks for lightening my mood.

We're only 8 games in to the league and it's clear that none of our challengers will be miles ahead of us. 4th possibly a stretch but by no means impossible. Team looks like it's starting to take shape - few more signings and no reason why we can't take advantage of other teams around us not performing well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    C'mon Hecky's Heroes!

I’m with you.

Heck’s a decent manager and man I feel.

The players like and respect him and we will now steadily move up the league.

Left by mutual consent!
    We're only 8 games in to the league and it's clear that none of our challengers will be miles ahead of us. 4th possibly a stretch but by no means impossible. Team looks like it's starting to take shape - few more signings and no reason why we can't take advantage of other teams around us not performing well.
    8 games in and Motherwell already have a 10 point advantage. Give us another 8 games and it'll be 20.

We don't score goals, we don't create anywhere near enough chances, we concede them very easily and we don't dominate possession.

That's an excellent formula for success, I agree.

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m not fully convinced longrun PH is the man to take us to challenge for Europe- where I want us and believe we should be. We created chances today and Doidge looks like he will benefit from some psychoanalysis believes he can score but the players have to take responsibility at some point.
    We’re third bottom mate after a favourable first quarter to the season. Just think wtf is going to happen when we get to December.

Fourth? 😂😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I’m with you.

Heck’s a decent manager and man I feel.

The players like and respect him and we will now steadily move up the league.
    Tell that to in this order: a) Leeds fans and b)Barnsley fans.

@hibs.net private member
    We don’t win games.

The fact that people seem quite okay with the last couple of games says everything about how far we’ve sank.

If you can’t hold onto a lead with an extra man, then you need a long look at yourself. Team messed up AGAIN.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    8 games in and Motherwell already have a 10 point advantage. Give us another 8 games and it'll be 20.

We don't score goals, we don't create anywhere near enough chances, we concede them very easily and we don't dominate possession.

If we don’t create chances then how did Doidge miss three gilt edge chances. Apart from that you’re right Deary me

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    If we don’t create chances then how did Doidge miss three gilt edge chances. Apart from that you’re right Deary me
    We were playing against 10 men?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Tell that to in this order: a) Leeds fans and b)Barnsley fans.
    Yes but we’re Hibs fans. Well I am at least, I can’t speak for you to be fair.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Yes but we’re Hibs fans. Well I am at least, I can’t speak for you to be fair.
    So you want the best for the club and not nice guy Hecky then? Sitting away at the bottom of the league and clutching at draws isn’t the best for the club. We’ve been there and can wear the t shirt.

This is scarily going back to the pre-relegation days where we just accepted a low standard. Good result against Celtic and thought we dug in hard but today was a massive opportunity missed.

Created a lot of chances today, conceded 2 in last 300 minutes of football we’ve played, and had more possession against the league champions last week.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    We’re third bottom mate after a favourable first quarter to the season. Just think wtf is going to happen when we get to December.

Fourth? 😂😂
    Why’s our start been favourable? We’ve played the biggest 4 teams (outwith ourselves) in the league, 2 at home, 2 away and also the team who are currently clear in 3rd away from home in our first 8 games. We’ve been poor, no doubting that, but let’s not start throwing in some nonsense about us having some sort of really easy start to the season as if we’ve avoided playing anyone half decent.

I’m not going to claim it’s been unfavourable btw, but claiming it’s been favourable is just an attempt to make things look worse. A bit like when folk are slating doidge for missing loads of chances and then going onto other threads to tell everyone we didn’t create enough chances.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 06-10-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Fourth? 😂😂
    Surely our next 3 games on paper should be easier than the last 3 games? By December I fully expect us to be in top 6. Aberdeen, Livingston, Ross county and even Motherwell will lose more games before the year is out.

Motherwell will lose plenty games before the split. Aberdeen are a shadow of recent years. Kilmarnock are poor, Hearts are poor. Ross County and Livi to keep winning very week and remain top 6? Very doubtful. Facts are top 6 and fourth are well up for grabs. If we don’t get it then he has to go imo. The important thing in past games was not losing and getting tighter at the back- the goals will come.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Why’s our start been favourable? We’ve played the biggest 4 teams (outwith ourselves) in the league, 2 at home, 2 away and also the team who are currently clear in 3rd away from home in our first 8 games. We’ve been poor, no doubting that, but let’s not start throwing in some nonsense about us having some sort of really easy start to the season as if we’ve avoided playing anyone half decent.

I’m not going to claim it’s been unfavourable btw, but claiming it’s been favourable is just an attempt to make things look worse. A bit like when folk are slating doidge for missing loads of chances and then going onto other threads to tell everyone we didn’t create enough chances.
    We had played our first five games before playing Aberdeen, Celtic or the derby and only had 4 points to show for it. I think that's maybe what was meant.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    We need a striker that can finish, wonder how mcnulty would have worked out this season

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    C'mon Hecky's Heroes!

You surely mean heckies duds.
    Remind me again how many league wins and where we are in the league?

3 games unbeaten against teams lightyears ahead of us last season

First Team Breakthrough
    K
    Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    You surely mean heckies duds.
    Remind me again how many league wins and where we are in the league?
    There have definitely been signs of improvement in the last three games but nowhere where we need to be. The next three league games provide a real chance of picking up a number of points but given how we play and the current lack of confidence in the team it will not be easy. Decision time for Hecky should surely come after these three games - although that has been said a few times already this season!