hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A win and 2 draws against top 5 teams.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A win and 2 draws against top 5 teams.
    Apart from one of the sides in there, a Robinson Motherwell who hammered us three nil and they sit in third, 8 points, yes 8 points already ahead of third-bottom Heckys Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    What is the relevance of your point when our current manager ladt club fans wanted rid.

Just saying
    That neither should be our manager. Robinson isn't the answer.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    PH is here now and failing, Robinson failing or succeeding is purely 100% conjecture the same as any manager that we can name. The one at the club just now is not answer.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Totally agree. Neither is Tommy Wright.

Dempster said in the Time for Heroes film, that the right Hibs manager is “a leader, a winner and knows the Scottish game”.

Even one of the three would be a start.

Not a fan of Heckingbottom, but he’s earned more time to try and turn it around.

Robinson has been given time but you could always see what he was striving for, the type of football he was trying to play. Heckingbottom plays laborious boring football, hang in for a win and don't get beat at all costs type football, is this what we want at Hibs, me personally NO. I'd like to see Stubbs back again, had an eye for a player and knew what the fans wanted football wise.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    He is an upcoming manager,likes to attack ,is not negative!!...
    he is doing well on a much lesser budget,has an eye for a player and also the scout Martin Foyle seems to have a track record of picking gems from England !
    we as a club are settling for mediocrity,where is the high press attacking football we were promised ???..
    we are near the foot of the premiership,with same old excuses getting rolled out after each match consistently from our manager!.
    We have gone from signing guys from Juventus,A league,etc to Forest green rovers,Yeovil,Rotherham and Barnsley etc?,what has gone wrong with our club!!
    The guy from Juventus is also hounded by fans and many reckon not good enough so doesnt really matter what club they are signed from does it

I'd rather wait for Jack Ross to get fired and take a punt on him

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Doctor football gets the boot.
    Let's go for him before Aberdeen do?

Seems to be a lot of unhappy fans thus season.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Totally agree. Neither is Tommy Wright.

Dempster said in the Time for Heroes film, that the right Hibs manager is “a leader, a winner and knows the Scottish game”.

Even one of the three would be a start.
    A very interesting quote that.

Begs the question how the ‘recruitment process’ led us to the position of 2 football league no-marks being the best options.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    I'd rather wait for Jack Ross to get fired and take a punt on him
    The jack Ross who Sunderland fans want sacked? What makes you think he’d do any better than Heckingbottom?

Quote Originally Posted by SickBoy32 View Post
    A very interesting quote that.

Begs the question how the ‘recruitment process’ led us to the position of 2 football league no-marks being the best options.
    That quote was relevant at that particular time. We’d just been relegated and she made it clear that they wanted someone who knew Scottish football in charge at that particular time.

Your comment about football league no marks is out of order IMO. Is that the same football league that ‘legends’ like Logan, Cummings, McGeouch currently play in and that we signed Gray, Fontaine from?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    That quote was relevant at that particular time. We’d just been relegated and she made it clear that they wanted someone who knew Scottish football in charge at that particular time.

Your comment about football league no marks is out of order IMO. Is that the same football league that ‘legends’ like Logan, Cummings, McGeouch currently play in and that we signed Gray, Fontaine from?
    There are no marks in all leagues we have signed some in past and some good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post

If LD has stated that those are the qualities which make up a good Hibs manager, then I'd suggest that these qualities are always relevant surely? Appleton and Heckingbottom don't seem to have any idea about Scottish football, and whether or not PH can be deemed a leader/winner...

Yes well aware we have signed good players from those leagues over the years - usually coincides with us having a good manager though!

Testimonial Due
    The best manager at any time is the one who's team is near the top of the league!
    But usually when you look back at previous season you see they had bad times as well!
    The trick with managers is the same as with players, you hope that your pick is a winner and hope for the best!!!

I think there are striking similarities between PH and OGS at Man Utd, OGS came in to Old Trafford with a real new manager bounce to the team, his pedigree was very decent , served a good apprenticeship at his previous club and had Man Utd playing great football and winning most if not all their games. This season however they are totally lost, dreadful football and results and this with some of the best players in the world in his squad.

Sometimes a manager just does not suit a club !!

Quote Originally Posted by the tornadoe View Post
    I think there are striking similarities between PH and OGS at Man Utd, OGS came in to Old Trafford with a real new manager bounce to the team, his pedigree was very decent , served a good apprenticeship at his previous club and had Man Utd playing great football and winning most if not all their games. This season however they are totally lost, dreadful football and results and this with some of the best players in the world in his squad.

Sometimes a manager just does not suit a club !!
    man utd havent played good football since 2013. The ole had them playing last year is a myth. He had them winning. The football was eye bleeding

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Promising Youngster Steve Austin's Avatar

Dross

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Hibs were not dross today

We were not dross against Celtic

And we were not dross against Kilmarnock

You’ve not been to any of the games have you? Be honest now.

well replying to your question,I have been to a few games and will be at Hamilton away and Motherwell home game!.
    watched hibees for 30 odd years good and bad?.
    Im just implying the high press game ,high tempo attacking football ain't evident?.As fans of this great club we deserve better I reckon than what's on show these days and player standards?.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Just looked it up Robinson had a 21.2% win rate at Oldham
    Do I want him at Hibs. No
    Would I take him right now. Yes. Same as a Jack Ross, don’t really want him either but would take him.
    That’s the depressing state we are in right now, would take, in my opinion, a mediocre manager to replace our current one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Im hoping Hecky can turn this around. A win against Aberdeen would have got more supporters on side but it wasn’t to be.
    I’ll be backing the manager for the next few games ( three ) I’d hope we win at least two of those.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Im hoping Hecky can turn this around. A win against Aberdeen would have got more supporters on side but it wasn’t to be.
    I’ll be backing the manager for the next few games ( three ) I’d hope we win at least two of those.
    Hope he turns it round. Needs to happen now.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Hope he turns it round. Needs to happen now.
    Had doubts from day 1 that Heck had the ability to be a successful Hibs Manager, but had nothing against the guy and was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, during his tenure the club is on a downward spiral.

I would be delighted if he turned things around, but everyone who wants the best for the Club, and who has watched the games this season must surely know that this is very unlikely to happen. The deficiencies in the team brought about by very poor recruitment and poor tactics means it ain't going to happen.

Having said that, I do think a new coach coming in with the right qualities and tactical nous could improve us enough to avoid a relegation dog fight.

The Board need to act before it is too late. No wins in the next 2 games and he must go.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Had doubts from day 1 that Heck had the ability to be a successful Hibs Manager, but had nothing against the guy and was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, during his tenure the club is on a downward spiral.

I would be delighted if he turned things around, but everyone who wants the best for the Club, and who has watched the games this season must surely know that this is very unlikely to happen. The deficiencies in the team brought about by very poor recruitment and poor tactics means it ain't going to happen.

Having said that, I do think a new coach coming in with the right qualities and tactical nous could improve us enough to avoid a relegation dog fight.

The Board need to act before it is too late. No wins in the next 2 games and he must go.
    It’s down to one game for me.

We’ve not won a game in 90 minutes since the opening game of the season, if we lose tomorrow but win the week after I’m not sure that’ll really tell us anything.