hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Salisbury Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As they have emailed each member, all they really needed to do was say "This is the name we have on record for you".

There is no need for me to know other members' names.

However, some thought should be given how to cover people whose email addresses may be out of date.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    The other names will be visible on the strips though, not only by the contributors but from non contributors too, if folk dont see my name on the email list they and thousands of others will see it on the strip

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Must be different DH as names are going on strips. Sure you could opt out, if you didn't want naned
    Can you opt out? I asked this when the strip thing was announced and the reply from HSL was that they had no plans to do this.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Can HSL respond to the question around player / manager names being missing please?
    The list published is only those who are full members, it is not an exhaustive list of everybody who has signed up to HSL.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The list published is only those who are full members, it is not an exhaustive list of everybody who has signed up to HSL.
    Are we to believe the players with their higher than most salaries, didn't pay the £225 in a lump sum?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member

List of HSL members

Are we to believe the players with their higher than most salaries, didn't pay the £225 in a lump sum?
    Was probably often a PR stint with a (say) 50 quid contribution.....

Was interesting to see how many of my mates are not on the list - clearly has not caught the imagination of many ....

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Was probably often a PR stint with a (say) 50 quid contribution.....

Was interesting to see how many of my mates are not on the list - clearly has not caught the imagination of many ....
    I just looked back at the article when David Gray joined HSL. It says he is a 'member' which I assume means he is fully paid up and has simply asked to be omitted from the strip or it's a bit of a loose word play on words as part of a PR stunt.

I can't say I'm bothered by any of those possible options.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I just looked back at the article when David Gray joined HSL. It says he is a 'member' which I assume means he is fully paid up and has simply asked to be omitted from the strip or it's a bit of a loose word play on words as part of a PR stunt.

I can't say I'm bothered by any of those possible options.
    me neither...if they gave a little - and encouraged people to join - then it did its job....

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    The other names will be visible on the strips though, not only by the contributors but from non contributors too, if folk dont see my name on the email list they and thousands of others will see it on the strip
    It all depends on consent, I think. Perfectly acceptable to release someone’s details, if explicit consent has been granted in some fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    It all depends on consent, I think. Perfectly acceptable to release someone’s details, if explicit consent has been granted in some fashion.
    I think though in the context of use, ie a contributors list of names that will be printed on a strip seems fair game, its not email or home addresses or bank details. Ive had a scan through some of the names and two of my bro in laws names are there, they are staunch jambos so that rules them out 😆

What I am surprised at though is the option or the lack of willingness from HSL to give contributors the choice of opting in or out from having your name on the strip, Im sure most contributors would be happy with their name on but no doubt some wont.

First Team Breakthrough
    I questioned why all the players and manager who signed up are not on list? Did they not pay? Was it false advertising by saying so and so has signed up, now join and do your bit?
    You seem to have a problem with HSL. For instance you are the first person to post on receiving the list.

Whilst others have commented on the communication from HSL and clearly stated what they see as problems with it (answers have also been given to show how the communication is in fact correct)

You pose the question "Was it false advertising by saying so and so has signed up,now join and do your bit?"

You go that bit further and would seem to be questioning the integrity of the directors of HSL with your quote.

A shocker of a quote, one you should be ashamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by DanishJohn View Post
    You seem to have a problem with HSL. For instance you are the first person to post on receiving the list.

Whilst others have commented on the communication from HSL and clearly stated what they see as problems with it (answers have also been given to show how the communication is in fact correct)

You pose the question "Was it false advertising by saying so and so has signed up,now join and do your bit?"

You go that bit further and would seem to be questioning the integrity of the directors of HSL with your quote.

A shocker of a quote, one you should be ashamed of.
    Ashamed? Have a word with yourself

First Team Breakthrough Cheshire Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Can we please put everyone’s mind at rest. Like any other Company our list of Members is a matter of public information.
    We did however also take the precaution of taking legal advice from Solicitors with particular expertise in GDPR.

Thank you to everyone who is responding with feedback. The vast majority of amendments we are making relates to inaccurate input by Members at the outset. For this reason it will take us a number of days to update the list and respond to emails. Please be patient. We will ensure by 20th October that the list is accurate.

Hibernian Supporters
    Official HSL

I am a full member and somewhat disappointed not to be on the list. Email sent as requested. Await your revised list with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    Oooft.
    This isn't good...
    Not bothered but it’s not compliant.

Not sure they just didn’t send bcc type email whew all recipients details are hidden.

Got email today showing all members as of 2nd Oct, confirming list for names on strip.

I thought a raft of players and managers had signed up, however only Lewis Stevenson is listed. Was surprised at that. What's the deal there?
    Baldy
    You will appreciate that we cannot comment on individual cases but we have many regular donators who have not quite reached the £225 minimum level and until they do they are not full Members and therefore their name will not appear on the Strip. We have sent reminders and indeed will do one final reminder but other than that we can do no more.
    You know the Directors of HSL personally and we trust that you would know that we would not have declared that anyone, let alone players, had joined if they had not.

Hibernian Supporters

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    I think though in the context of use, ie a contributors list of names that will be printed on a strip seems fair game, its not email or home addresses or bank details. Ive had a scan through some of the names and two of my bro in laws names are there, they are staunch jambos so that rules them out 😆

What I am surprised at though is the option or the lack of willingness from HSL to give contributors the choice of opting in or out from having your name on the strip, Im sure most contributors would be happy with their name on but no doubt some wont.
    MSK
    We could not imagine that any Hibs supporter would not want to have their name on the strip and therefore had not intended to have an opt out option however it’s easy to do. If you don’t want your name on the strip just email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and we will happily remove your name from the list.

Hibernian Supporters

Testimonial Due
    Baldy
    You will appreciate that we cannot comment on individual cases but we have many regular donators who have not quite reached the £225 minimum level and until they do they are not full Members and therefore their name will not appear on the Strip. We have sent reminders and indeed will do one final reminder but other than that we can do no more.
    You know the Directors of HSL personally and we trust that you would know that we would not have declared that anyone, let alone players, had joined if they had not.

Hibernian Supporters
    So, basically, only Lewis has paid £225.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    So, basically, only Lewis has paid £225.

And Scott I think.

First Team Breakthrough

Yes I forgot you don't know the meaning of the word ashamed.

Your the guy that asked Pat Stanton if he goes to away games. Tried to humiliate a legend.

Your the guy that asked Pat Stanton if he goes to away games. Tried to humiliate a legend.
    You are trolling me? Tried to humiliate a legend. Away and raffle

You obviously have a personal thing going with BF, any chance you can take it to Pms instead of ****ing this thread up 👍

First Team Breakthrough

I think you are being very unfair to Baldy Foghorn

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    It’s up to you what to believe, I personally don’t worry myself about how others spend their money.

Officially " Member " is someone who has donated 225 / 235 pounds ( can`t remember exact amount ) but understandably folk who started contributing well after start of campaign will feel they are members without having reached minimum amount to be considered full " members " . Likewise ( ex ) players / managers / coaches etc will have been used to promote campaign often after paying a small lump sum ( or nothing ? ) and have been called " members " in some press reports despite only making one donation . There are also members who don`t make monthly payments but have donated more than total due for regular , monthly payments . Important that all types of contributors are made to feel important and appreciated .

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Officially " Member " is someone who has donated 225 / 235 pounds ( can`t remember exact amount ) but understandably folk who started contributing well after start of campaign will feel they are members without having reached minimum amount to be considered full " members " . Likewise ( ex ) players / managers / coaches etc will have been used to promote campaign often after paying a small lump sum ( or nothing ? ) and have been called " members " in some press reports despite only making one donation . There are also members who don`t make monthly payments but have donated more than total due for regular , monthly payments . Important that all types of contributors are made to feel important and appreciated .
    I'm on about 1690 donated in total (funnily enough) - does that qualify me?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    I'm on about 1690 donated in total (funnily enough) - does that qualify me?
    No - 1875 Francks which is £225 will earn you full membership and a place on the strip if you get there before 20th October.

I questioned why all the players and manager who signed up are not on list? Did they not pay? Was it false advertising by saying so and so has signed up, now join and do your bit?
    Maybe they have put it in other family or friends names. Just a thought.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We love hyperbole on hibs.net, it's the best thing ever.

To be fair though, when all these press releases came out I took "joined" to mean "they've taken out a DD with us but haven't necessarily paid it all off yet". Don't know how many were in the same line of thinking as me however.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Are there perhaps rules which prevent active players/management from either owning shares directly or indirectly (which would be the case with HSL)?

I always thought it was strange Allan signing up when he was only on loan and officially a Celtic player. Creates a potential conflict of interest.

Though if that was the case, I’m not sure why Lewis Stevenson is on there.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    MSK
    We could not imagine that any Hibs supporter would not want to have their name on the strip and therefore had not intended to have an opt out option however it’s easy to do. If you don’t want your name on the strip just email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and we will happily remove your name from the list.

Hibernian Supporters
    On the subject of emailing the above address I have sent two emails and await replies.

Tried to send a PM to OfficialHSL but the mailbox is full.

Can this be rectified please.

First Team Breakthrough Cheshire Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    On the subject of emailing the above address I have sent two emails and await replies.

Tried to send a PM to OfficialHSL but the mailbox is full.

Can this be rectified please.
    I have done the same. Nothing back. Got another mailer today saying that I am not a full member.

Well HSL, you need to recheck your records. I am a full member and have been for a considerable time. I have sent you my certificate number and await your replies to posts on here and emails sent.

Simply not good enough.