hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

List of HSL members

Got email today showing all members as of 2nd Oct, confirming list for names on strip.

I thought a raft of players and managers had signed up, however only Lewis Stevenson is listed. Was surprised at that. What's the deal there?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Obviously not paid enough in or stopped contributions.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got email today showing all members as of 2nd Oct, confirming list for names on strip.

I thought a raft of players and managers had signed up, however only Lewis Stevenson is listed. Was surprised at that. What's the deal there?
    I'm surprised that they are allowed to do that to be honest and not sure it's not against GDPR. I'm on the list and not bothered but still surprised all the same.

Blog Entries

Their database is not the best. I wasn't on it as I made a lump sum donation but now im on it twice. I suspect majority of players will have made a one off donation or even just lent their name to it. Good to see King Pat there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I'm surprised that they are allowed to do that to be honest and not sure it's not against GDPR. I'm on the list and not bothered but still surprised all the same.
    I thought the same about GDPR. I’m quite happy to have my name on the list but some folk might not be.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I work in information security and was a bit surprised. However having found myself on the list (twice) or not. Practically everyone is unidentifyable because names on their own are far from unique. Given there a few Hibs legends in there and many have gone public, its not as bad as it it looks. Its not like they put it on facebook.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    I work in information security and was a bit surprised. However having found myself on the list (twice) or not. Practically everyone is unidentifyable because names on their own are far from unique. Given there a few Hibs legends in there and many have gone public, its not as bad as it it looks. Its not like they put it on facebook.

Nothing to stop it ending up there though.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Nothing to stop it ending up there though.
    True but if it does its an HSL member. The impact could be a fine by the ICO on People trying to help the club. Way to get moee volunterrs. Not defending the action. But to punish seems self defeating.

/

Im sure that sharing those membership names is against the new rulings

I thought the deadline for these donations were being extended?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    I thought the deadline for these donations were being extended?
    It’s still 20th October

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    If the names are going to be on the strip it can't be against data protection, they will be out there next season. Assume anyone not wanting identified will have informed HSL

I got email and forgot to check it but this thread reminded me.

Glad to see my name is correct.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    If the names are going to be on the strip it can't be against data protection, they will be out there next season. Assume anyone not wanting identified will have informed HSL
    I'm not even sure that printing the names on the strip ,without the express permission of all members to allow this , would be allowed under GDPR.

Permission now needs to be sought and essentially you need to opt in to allow use of personal details to be used, of which full name is one , when previously you had to opt out if you didn't want to be included in such things. Therefore it's not sufficient to say folk could simply ask not to be involved , it's now the law (or my understanding of it) that people must expressively opt in rather than permission being assumed.

I know Hearts done this a few years ago but that would have been before the new rules came into play last year.

I'm not having a go at HSL, it doesn't bother me, but I do hope they have got all their ducks in a row as such. GDPR is an absolute minefield.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 05-10-2019 at 04:34 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Oooft.
    This isn't good...

My name is on it and I couldn't really give a flying **** who sees it or who knows I contribute to HSL, its contributions to a football club not the ****ing secret service 😆

I'm not even sure that printing the names on the strip ,without the express permission of all members to allow this , would be allowed under GDPR.

Permission now needs to be sought and essentially you need to opt in to allow use of personal details to be used, of which full name is one , when previously you had to opt out if you didn't want to be included in such things. Therefore it's not sufficient to say folk could simply ask not to be involved , it's now the law (or my understanding of it) that people must expressively opt in rather than permission being assumed.

I know Hearts done this a few years ago but that would have been before the new rules came into play last year.

I'm not having a go at HSL, it doesn't bother me, but I do hope they have got all their ducks in a row as such. GDPR is an absolute minefield.
    It must be really hard for them because we want every penny raised to go to the club, it’s not like they can hire one of the big 4 to provide co-source. Do members who have professional skills currently help out with the administration at all?

@hibs.net private member
    Surprised as some of the critical tone from some on this one - think it is a really helpful thing these guys are doing ....

Sending out a list to give everyone a chance to make sure they are on it ..refining it at least twice before the strip gets made ..

Done with the intent purely of making sure those who should be on it , are

Well done HSL - difficult thing to get right - so appreciate the effort

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Surprised as some of the critical tone from some on this one - think it is a really helpful thing these guys are doing ....

Sending out a list to give everyone a chance to make sure they are on it ..refining it at least twice before the strip gets made ..

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Totally agree.

Where's Neil Lennons name? Turncoat Celtic prick

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    My name is on it and I couldn't really give a flying **** who sees it or who knows I contribute to HSL, its contributions to a football club not the ****ing secret service 😆
    Totally agree. Geezo it’s like the KGB on here.

Can you point to a single post where someone has been critical of HSL?

Merely pointing out that sending out such a list potentially might clash with new rules around GDPR. Hopefully they've taken appropriate advice before sending the email and they've nothing to worry about

Can you point to a single post where someone has been critical of HSL?

Merely pointing out that sending out such a list potentially might clash with new rules around GDPR. Hopefully they've taken appropriate advice before sending the email and they've nothing to worry about
    I questioned why all the players and manager who signed up are not on list? Did they not pay? Was it false advertising by saying so and so has signed up, now join and do your bit?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Players and ex managers could have donated but never asked for their certificates so not registered as members.
    As for GDPR, I don’t think it’s a breech as from the personal details released you cant identify an individual. It’s just a list of names. Also it would need a member to complain and proved they’ve suffered a determent because of this list being in the public domain

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Players and ex managers could have donated but never asked for their certificates so not registered as members.
    As for GDPR, I don’t think it’s a breech as from the personal details released you cant identify an individual. It’s just a list of names. Also it would need a member to complain and proved they’ve suffered a determent because of this list being in the public domain
    Agree about GDPR. Its names only not email addresses or any other public information

@hibs.net private member
    Agree about GDPR. Its names only not email addresses or any other public information
    My kids school made a big fuss about the leavers hoodies that can be made - they said due to GDPR that names can’t be printed without permission.

Maybe when signing up for HSL there’s a box to opt-in? Although I think GDPR came along after HSL?

Must be different DH as names are going on strips. Sure you could opt out, if you didn't want naned

@hibs.net private member
    Must be different DH as names are going on strips. Sure you could opt out, if you didn't want naned
    I’m sure you can and I hope they’ve got it right. The school said it had to be opt-in only though.

IMO no one should be naming anyone on the list