hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog Advice

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reluctantly called the vet yesterday afternoon to make an appointment to get our dog euthanized.

He's 14 and been with us since he was 4 weeks. Sadly he's deteriorated rather sharply in the last six months so we made the decision over the weekend not to prolong his suffering.

I'm dreading the day.

heartbroken for you mate, our dog is 9 but has some health issues that mean she’s closer to the end than the start now, and I’m terrified of the day we will be in your position.

I know it’s of little comfort, but remember you’re doing what’s right for him, which shows your love and affection for him. Having you there with him will make him happy and settled in his last moments

2. Log in to remove the advert

Been there it is heartbreaking had to do it about 15 year ago . I said I would never have another dog again. But now got a wee daft spaniel after lots of arm twisting and you don’t forget but the new one makes you move on

Lost my best friend today guys. Rescued her as a pup from the Cat and Dog home 12 years ago this coming December. Got a phone call today at 4.20pm to say she wasn't well and wife and kids were worried as she was lying in her own pool of vomit. Buy time I got home she had sadly passed. Been hard but took her to the local small animals hospital and they are sorting out her cremation for us. Honestly the hardest thing I've had to do in years and that includes the passing of close family members. Keep expecting her to bounce through the door at any minute and the place seems so empty without her. Feeling it big time for my 13 year old daughter who is so upset as she has never known life without her. Can't believe she is gone but at least she didn't suffer. Thing that makes it worse is that we only had her at the vets on Tuesday for her check up and a jag and they said she was in great condition for her age. Gutted beyond belief, RIP Keira. Gone but not forgotten, love you x.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Lost my best friend today guys. Rescued her as a pup from the Cat and Dog home 12 years ago this coming December. Got a phone call today at 4.20pm to say she wasn't well and wife and kids were worried as she was lying in her own pool of vomit. Buy time I got home she had sadly passed. Been hard but took her to the local small animals hospital and they are sorting out her cremation for us. Honestly the hardest thing I've had to do in years and that includes the passing of close family members. Keep expecting her to bounce through the door at any minute and the place seems so empty without her. Feeling it big time for my 13 year old daughter who is so upset as she has never known life without her. Can't believe she is gone but at least she didn't suffer. Thing that makes it worse is that we only had her at the vets on Tuesday for her check up and a jag and they said she was in great condition for her age. Gutted beyond belief, RIP Keira. Gone but not forgotten, love you x.
    Awful mate. Can only send you my thoughts and well wishes. In a way, the fact she was healthy until the absolute last minute should be some consolation to you but I understand it's not really.

It's awful. Mine is my second. My first was a rescue and I still think about her every day and I lost her in 2013. My partner has never had a dog before and the two of them are inseparable. I've got many happy years with mine left I hope but when the time comes it'll be devastating.

I hope you can find the words and the strength for your 13 year old and you can find some comfort in that you gave your pup the best life you could.

We really really do not deserve them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. It is really painful but at least she was at home with your family and seems to have been ok till the end. Better that way than having to take to the vets to do it. I have had three dogs before the two we have now. One died in our garden suddenly and I had to take two to the vet. I know which one was better.