hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I definitely think we should've gone for him but no use crying about it now.
    It’s strange that so few clubs went for
    Him , including us ...he is certainly showing he knows the way to goal. Those that know his play say he is a pure poacher ...doesn’t even try to chase back - but know where the goal is ..sounds like one of those things go that we are missing ..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Here’s Lucy! View Post
    Mind and not offend anyone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Here’s Lucy! View Post
    Well, we could always change the ‘one up front tactics’ to accomodate him.

Dontcha think?

Hecky does not currently appear to prefer playing more than one forward at the moment Kamberi / Shaw on bench on Saturday.
    Despite a creditable draw v Celtic I personally prefer 2 upfront as scoring goals normally win games.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre Hibee View Post
    Hecky does not currently appear to prefer playing more than one forward at the moment Kamberi / Shaw on bench on Saturday.
    Despite a creditable draw v Celtic I personally prefer 2 upfront as scoring goals normally win games.
    I agree with you about this ‘Hecky’ bloke. I think he’s an erse of a manager.

I also agree about going with two forwards.

People keep saying they're "surprised no other clubs went for him". I'm sure plenty clubs did but he's on silly money at Utd who are taking a big gamble hoping he drags them up.

Looks to be a gamble that could pay of big time for Utd so fair play, however, it doesn't mean other clubs weren't there or there abouts.

If rumours are correct then we'd have likely had to make him the best payed player at our club to have brought him here, that would have been madness.

Left by mutual consent!
    The problem is even if we signed him- because we are hardly creating any chances or scoring goals he would be lucky to have more than 3 goals to his name at this stage of the season if he had joined us, we would all be saying he isn't good enough.

To this day I still think we should have kept Simon Murray, not saying he's better than Shankland but he put in a good shift and scored goals, I think he could have became a million pound player.

2 up front doesn't score more goals

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    We can hardly score less though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Called up for Scotland. Let’s hope he does great.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Even though he’s been on fire I’m surprised at that. Be interesting to see if he gets on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Even though he’s been on fire I’m surprised at that. Be interesting to see if he gets on.
    McGinn was man of the match against Denmark while at us in the league below. I don’t think he will play much but he will benefit from the experience.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Ken what, fair enough. We need a goalscorer and he scores goals.

McGinn was man of the match against Denmark while at us in the league below. I don’t think he will play much but he will benefit from the experience.
    It’s certainly deserved. Our strikers are minging, a guy on that kind of form can’t be any worse. Think I’ve just became that accustomed to us picking the same old ***** that I didn’t expect something a bit different.

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye, I agree guys 👍 least it’s something different from playing Matt Phillips.

Dreadful player.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    People keep saying they're "surprised no other clubs went for him". I'm sure plenty clubs did but he's on silly money at Utd who are taking a big gamble hoping he drags them up.

Looks to be a gamble that could pay of big time for Utd so fair play, however, it doesn't mean other clubs weren't there or there abouts.

If rumours are correct then we'd have likely had to make him the best payed player at our club to have brought him here, that would have been madness.
    The silly money at Arabs is no more than we, Hawrts & Dons are paying certain players & it's pennies by OF standards. It was really all about his reputation re lack of fitness & his lack of Premiership experience that allowed Dun Utd to snap him up. We'll see how it goes.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    The silly money at Arabs is no more than we, Hawrts & Dons are paying certain players & it's pennies by OF standards. It was really all about his reputation re lack of fitness & his lack of Premiership experience that allowed Dun Utd to snap him up. We'll see how it goes.
    He has his own PT business he’s built up. How can he lack fitness?

It improves the chance of scoring more goals if the supply is also there. We could of course revert to Levein’s infamous Scotland line up and play no forwards. I prefer my football to be of an attacking variety I go to games to see goals. Unfortunately most of them have been against us. Best form of defence is attack and we need to find a system and players to defend higher up the park and feed our forward thinking players whoever they are.

Left by mutual consent!
    It helps the striker when the plan is to launch it up the pitch to them with nobody else near them for 30 yards.

People have blamed the midfield for not getting on the end of Doidges headers or not getting up the park quick enough when the way we play gives no support to the forward. Maybe it worked a few times when we had Sproule off Gaz or Killen but one up top punting it to them very rarely works with no pace coming from midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Yep - no Billy Gilmour but we are putting in a scottish championship player. Maybe says how poor the forwards are right now in scotland.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    When I've seen him he's looked decent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Yep - no Billy Gilmour but we are putting in a scottish championship player. Maybe says how poor the forwards are right now in scotland.
    Gilmour is developing great and will be in the u21s.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    #AnyoneButMcBurnie

Isn't Gilmour a midfielder playing for an under 23 side?! Scotland has been playing English championship and canadian league players for the last few years - can't see what's wrong with Scotland's most prolific goalscorer getting called-up to the squad for these games.

Even if he doesn't work out at United, it weakens Ayr (albeit they've started well without him). The classic Celgers gambit.

Gilmour is developing great and will be in the u21s.
    Word for word what Clarke said. I would have had him in the San marino game for sure. If we cant play our most exciting young players in that there is really no point having the game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Word for word what Clarke said. I would have had him in the San marino game for sure. If we cant play our most exciting young players in that there is really no point having the game.
    I’m not sure who the 21s have but haven’t they picked up a couple of really good wins and in with a chance of qualifying? Maybe that’s the reason behind him playing at that level in a far more competitive match than to take him to Russia and not play then play in a team void of confidence in a nothing game in front of an empty Hampden? I see your point too mind you.

It improves the chance of scoring more goals if the supply is also there. We could of course revert to Levein’s infamous Scotland line up and play no forwards. I prefer my football to be of an attacking variety I go to games to see goals. Unfortunately most of them have been against us. Best form of defence is attack and we need to find a system and players to defend higher up the park and feed our forward thinking players whoever they are.
    Only if the 2 up top get enough supply. Our problem us we have creative players except Allan, our wide players are poor, Mallan is played too deep and Vela/Hallberg sit just in front of the back 4. Add on to all that the lack of any real pace in the team.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    He also had a poor 6 months from January - he was injured at the start of that period mind you.
    Coupled with the fact that Ayr went into freefall it is hardly surprising he dropped off the radar and only DU were willing to sign him.

Anyway good luck to the lad and well done on the Scotland call up. Fair play to Steve Clarke for recognising his start to the season.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    As others have said got to be worth a shot ahead of Philips. Still think mcburnie can improve for us and fill the nuisance role up front but doesnt look like scoring much at this level.