hibs.net Messageboard

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Doidge

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely buying a couple of bottles of red wine to, I assume, go with his dinner in the house is pretty much the opposite of the George St drinking culture. By all means moan about him not scoring goals but footballers are allowed a couple of glasses of wine when they are off work the next day.
    Exactly ...people looking for any reason to be pissed off with him...ridiculous.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    There is zero evidence to suggest that an occasional glass of red wine is bad for you - in fact there is as much saying it is good for you ...equally, there is no suggestion that he is “consistently ” drinking alcohol ...
    The occassional huff of asbestos doesn't immediately kill you. Long term it has negative effects, same as alcohol.

There is no evidence he consistently is drinking, I will be the first to say sorry to him if he isn't.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    The occassional huff of asbestos doesn't immediately kill you. Long term it has negative effects, same as alcohol.

There is no evidence he consistently is drinking, I will be the first to say sorry to him if he isn't.
    Why not wait until there is evidence before you imply he is ...it’s nonsense ...

Left by mutual consent!
    Exactly ...people looking for any reason to be pissed off with him...ridiculous.
    His football is that a good enough reason? and BTW if we have 800 posts on how much Doidge hasn't done several players are very lucky they don't have similar as many have been as poor.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    800 posts on one thread about this one player is not proportionate to our problems.
    This thread stinks of scapegoat and if I was the subject matter I’d probably be having a drink as well.
    Should some wide **** decide in ASDA one night that I shouldn’t be there then he’d ****ing know about it.
    Shameful stuff.
    Thread needs closed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    800 posts on one thread about this one player is not proportionate to our problems.
    This thread stinks of scapegoat and if I was the subject matter I’d probably be having a drink as well.
    Should some wide **** decide in ASDA one night that I shouldn’t be there then he’d ****ing know about it.
    Shameful stuff.
    Thread needs closed.
    I agree. There is a nasty undercurrent in this thread

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Yep, it defies belief that anyone can come on here and talk about “having a word” and not doing so because it would piss of their Mrs or whatever. Tragic patter really.

Totally agree. We have several issues and one solution. Heckie out as he is the problem foe ALL the failings on the pitch, not one player....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse64 View Post
    Totally agree. We have several issues and one solution. Heckie out as he is the problem foe ALL the failings on the pitch, not one player....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yup spraying the scattergun around is simplistic, achieves little of substance.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Unlucky with his disallowed goal yesterday. Did well to forge the chance.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    He’s had the same number of goals disallowed for handball as he has goals that have actually counted.

2 goals in 13 appearances (or 0 in 8 in the league) is just not good enough for a striker at any level, regardless of how many flick ons he wins or how many intelligent runs he makes.

Hopefully some English club with more money than sense takes him off our hands in January and we can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    He’s had the same number of goals disallowed for handball as he has goals that have actually counted.

2 goals in 13 appearances (or 0 in 8 in the league) is just not good enough for a striker at any level, regardless of how many flick ons he wins or how many intelligent runs he makes.

Hopefully some English club with more money than sense takes him off our hands in January and we can move on.
    Agreed. Either he isn't good enough or Hibs isn't the right club for him to show whatever ability he does have. It just isn't working.

Case closed, in my opinion. Even the headers he won yesterday resulted in absolutely nothing. We hired Heckingbottom and he arrogantly thought anyone in the lower leagues of England could handle Scotland. He was desperately wrong.

From what I hear, from incredibly reliable sources, he’s with us for a long time yet. Club isn’t willing to fork out the compensation under the new regime. Worrying times.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    Case closed, in my opinion. Even the headers he won yesterday resulted in absolutely nothing. We hired Heckingbottom and he arrogantly thought anyone in the lower leagues of England could handle Scotland. He was desperately wrong.

From what I hear, from incredibly reliable sources, he’s with us for a long time yet. Club isn’t willing to fork out the compensation under the new regime. Worrying times.
    Who is with us for a long time yet??

If you are talking about the manager I don’t believe you. It will cost more to keep him. There is no way people will renew tickets under this guy.

He is done, season ticket holders don’t go - he has single handledly taken all the enjoyment of watching our team.

He will be in the stand with the board on sat. I’m sure he will hear the fans anger.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar

Well, we did sign a basketball player to play upfront.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post

Thought his pay off was 3 months why the other guy would not take the job.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Its not about being off the next day, consistently drinking alcohol will negatively effect his physical ability.
    Who says he’s consistently drinking alcohol? This is about him buying some red wine on a Saturday night.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Thought his pay off was 3 months why the other guy would not take the job.
    That's my understanding.

There's obviously other costs in replacing the management team, but it's arguably far costlier not to act now.

The hoped for improvements just haven't materialised.

Testimonial Due

Doidge is a huddy but your persistence in trying to label him a booze hound is weird behaviour.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    His football is that a good enough reason? and BTW if we have 800 posts on how much Doidge hasn't done several players are very lucky they don't have similar as many have been as poor.
    I think unfortunately for him he is the main symptom of what is wrong at Hibs. A manager signs a player from the lower leagues in England - he had 17 games in the championship and scored one goal. He clearly is out of his depth and missed numerous chances in the SPL. Shows a lack of skill, balance and awareness. The manager persists in playing him when we have better finishers/footballers not getting a game - Flo and Olie. The Dog is a symptom of PH's tactics and style both of which does not fit with our club. He is clearly the worst of the signings and has not been able to step up after 9 league games.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Doidge is a huddy but your persistence in trying to label him a booze hound is weird behaviour.
    Yeah, it would be weird if I was actually doing that. Perhaps read the posts before replying. I have no problem with Doidge, I've consistently said "if" he is doing it it will effect his physical ability, what exactly is wrong with saying that?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Shameful stuff.
    Thread needs closed.

Having said that I saw lassie in her RBS uniform in Sainsbury’s chucking bottles of Sauvignon Blanc into her trolley. I was disgusted and if my wife hadn’t been with me I’d have probably said something to her cos I’m a customer of the bank. It’s like she didn’t care.

She probably got pished up the town as well.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

Having said that I saw lassie in her RBS uniform in Sainsbury’s chucking bottles of Sauvignon Blanc into her trolley. I was disgusted and if my wife hadn’t been with me I’d have probably said something to her cos I’m a customer of the bank. It’s like she didn’t care.

Testimonial Due

If RBS was doing a good with your money you would not have minded but the fact that we bailed them out for billions means they have to watch their behaviour outside office hours.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

Having now seen the highlights there really didn’t seem to be anything wrong with Doidge’s disallowed goal on Saturday. Can’t really get a break at the moment.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Having now seen the highlights there really didn’t seem to be anything wrong with Doidge’s disallowed goal on Saturday. Can’t really get a break at the moment.
    Nah apparently he cheated and that's why the goal was chopped off, according to an expert on here anyway.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I didn’t see anything wrong with it at the game and I didn’t think the highlights showed conclusively either way whether there was a hand or not. Unlucky if it has touched his hand as if it did then it was definitely minimal.

Folk making out like it was a clear handball because they don’t want to give him any credit are at it.

It’s the internet - people with no experience and little (if any) knowledge criticise those who do what the critics could not even dream of doing.

Everyone’s got an opinion - I don’t know why Hibs don’t just sack the manager and appoint a random expert from this forum.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    It’s the internet - people with no experience and little (if any) knowledge criticise those who do what the critics could not even dream of doing.

Everyone’s got an opinion - I don’t know why Hibs don’t just sack the manager and appoint a random expert from this forum.

My mrs is looking for a new job, she seems to think she knows everything so will be ideal!!!