hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Done an excellent job. Much appreciated and all the best.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good luck to george in retirement,initially done a great job.
    Was instrumental in helping build a team of legends,and helped hibs win the holy grail.

Unfortunately piecing together a team spl ready has proved tricky for the recruitment department,and the sentiment has to eventually go out the window,so that fresh eyes can start a new project.

The blueprint in place needs tweaked,but its certainly not a case of rip it up and start again.

Well done to the man for his achievements,I will remember the stubbs days til my last breath and george craig was hugely influential in all things hibs at that point.

We need players with quality wearing the jersey,and a gaffer who likes to win games.

I would more than happily devote my free time to hibs to help identify players.cracking job this guy had at our club.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Mathie to get the job according to the EEN.

Testimonial Due
    Opportunity for Heckingbottom to use his football coaching qualifications and management speak as Director of Football (or whatever its called)? He may have the ability to be the guy who sets the standards and ethos while leaving someone else to do the actual implementation?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve said before that’s there’s an argument for scrapping the youth setup altogether.

Instead, divert all the funds towards poaching the best youngsters from other teams, kinda like what we did with John McGinn.

Sucks morally but might get better results.
    Indeed. Look at Falkirk since they've done that 3 years ago. They're flying now.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I’d be surprised if Falkirk’s league positions recently are directly related to abandoning their youth system.

I understand people questioning the £ spent on youth set ups.

Falkirk preciously had several players who came through the Academy.

We haven’t produced many recently and questions do need to be asked why ? For me it’s staff and recruitment.

We should be striving to produce home grown players and getting them 1st team ready.

The difference is managers want the completed player and don’t s always allow youth time as their job is at stake.

Would be interesting to see a list of home grown players we have sold and the money they brought in against operating and staff costs etc at East Mains since it opened.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I understand people questioning the £ spent on youth set ups.

Falkirk preciously had several players who came through the Academy.

We haven’t produced many recently and questions do need to be asked why ? For me it’s staff and recruitment.

We should be striving to produce home grown players and getting them 1st team ready.

The difference is managers want the completed player and don’t s always allow youth time as their job is at stake.

Would be interesting to see a list of home grown players we have sold and the money they brought in against operating and staff costs etc at East Mains since it opened.
    Like you said in modern football managers don't have the time to give youth a chance mostly.

If you get a string of bad results like we have now then you are out the door, how can you have a team of home grown youth players when you sack the manager every 6 months or so?

The whole culture of football needs to change to give youth a chance, but it won't so we will be stuck in the cycle we are in where everyone wants instant success

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Sorry for digging up an old thread but I’m bored and can’t say I’ve any interest in discussing Scotland against San Marino.

No word yet on George Craig’s replacement, if we were promoting from within I’d have thought it would have happened by now?

Think it’s potentially quite a significant appointment, if we bring in someone from left field it might suggest Ron is starting to put a plan together, if it’s someone already at the club I’ll be a bit concerned it’ll just be more if the same, although I do realise that’s probably quite unfair on the likes of Mathie.

Anyone heard any rumours they’ve not bothered to pass on yet?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Sorry for digging up an old thread but I’m bored and can’t say I’ve any interest in discussing Scotland against San Marino.

No word yet on George Craig’s replacement, if we were promoting from within I’d have thought it would have happened by now?

Think it’s potentially quite a significant appointment, if we bring in someone from left field it might suggest Ron is starting to put a plan together, if it’s someone already at the club I’ll be a bit concerned it’ll just be more if the same, although I do realise that’s probably quite unfair on the likes of Mathie.

I could be wrong as I've not kept up with the thread but wasn't it the case that Graeme Mathie was going to Motherwell but is still with us? I guess that possibly answers the question to his replacement.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    I could be wrong as I've not kept up with the thread but wasn't it the case that Graeme Mathie was going to Motherwell but is still with us? I guess that possibly answers the question to his replacement.
    It was rumoured Killie were interested but it was never any more than that so not sure it confirms anything.

If it was going to be Mathie would they not have just ironed out the details and announced it at the same time they let everyone know Craig was leaving?

I think the rumours of Mathie being promoted are people just putting 2 and 2 together.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    My assumption is there'll be quite a lot of announcements at AGM. I've never been to one before but I'm going to try to get to this one.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I heard Mathie was getting it instead of going to Killie.

Very much not in the know so it could be nonsense.

Don`t think the names make any difference here . How well player recruitment is ( in this case recruitment ) will often be judged on how well 2 or 3 players do in ther teens .

With AGM coming up important thing is that club announce who is responsible for youth teams / recruitment at all levels / etc etc

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    With AGM coming up important thing is that club announce who is responsible for youth teams / recruitment at all levels / etc etc
    Has the AGM been announced?

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Has the AGM been announced?
    Not yet

The Sun mentioning that the new Rangers DOF is ‘considering a move’ for Graeme Mathie.