hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    All the best to him.

I remember him saying in the cup final dvd that him and Dempster had some wonderful ideas for this club. I’m intrigued to know what those wonderful ideas were/would have been?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope not and I’d question his credentials for the role. Can anyone sell my a reason why he would get the most important job at the club?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He is experienced at the club

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    He's probably off after Hecky vetoed all his ideas to bring in a bunch of huddies. I would do the same in his position.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Can we not just wish the guy well instead of showing a desperate desire to portray him in a bad light?
    Yep, I agree with you on that HH and wish George Craig all the best for the future

GGTTH

GGTTH

Only met him once at EM and he's a right proper football guy, loves talking anything football related. I wonder if he's not enjoyed his job the last couple seasons, recruitment hasn't been getting utilized to it's best, Stubbs used it best but Lennon and now Heckingbottom have brought in many of their own players. I wonder if he sees his job being ignored by the managers.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    Yep, I agree with you on that HH and wish George Craig all the best for the future

GGTTH
    He’ll like that. I wish him all the best too, he’s always had time to speak tome, and answer my emails

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    At director level in any organisation, those who have the choice to retire often do when restructing/organisational changes are being made, even though they're not specifically targeted for the chop.

Old dogs, new tricks and all that...

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    At director level in any organisation, those who have the choice to retire often do when restructing/organisational changes are being made, even though they're not specifically targeted for the chop.

Old dogs, new tricks and all that...
    Was thinking that too. We don’t have a Football person on the board

Left by mutual consent!
    Good news. All the best GC and thanks for everything mate.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Wish George nothing but good luck in the future and thanks for all the positives.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    I personally feel he done a decent job, the signings ultimately fall to the managers final decision and there were rumours saying that heck signed his own guys rather than the guys recommended from the scouting team etc.

I remember visiting east mains in 2014 and he was very enthusiastic and gave a great chat about his role etc, i wish him all the best in his retirement

Good luck and thank you, George.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    I personally feel he done a decent job, the signings ultimately fall to the managers final decision and there were rumours saying that heck signed his own guys rather than the guys recommended from the scouting team etc.

I remember visiting east mains in 2014 and he was very enthusiastic and gave a great chat about his role etc, i wish him all the best in his retirement
    He won’t retire. Falkirk bound again.

@hibs.net private member
    Hope he enjoys his retirement, never met him, but I think he done his job very well been some cracking signings during his spell and some exciting times

All the best George.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Wish the guy well.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    wouldn’t surprise me if he knows there’s recruitment about to happen for a new manager so he’s stepping aside (or pushed) now before he has to get involved in the process for finding a new guy to replace Heckingbottom.

That’s not a criticism of him getting Heckingbottom wrong, 2 out of 3 managers have been good and that’s a decent record but with Ron here now, maybe it’s just the right time for him to step aside before it becomes a problem. If he was to leave a few days after Heckingbottom that’d be pretty poor PR.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Thanks for the efforts George, clearly made a positive difference to our club.

Enjoy retirement.
    Helping build a Cup winning squad from more or less scratch.

Ill leave that statement there for it to be shot down in flames - happy Friday.

again I ask what different constraints have the recruitment dept been operating under. Once you know that then perhaps you can confirm or revise perspectives.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    wouldn’t surprise me if he knows there’s recruitment about to happen for a new manager so he’s stepping aside (or pushed) now before he has to get involved in the process for finding a new guy to replace Heckingbottom.

That’s not a criticism of him getting Heckingbottom wrong, 2 out of 3 managers have been good and that’s a decent record but with Ron here now, maybe it’s just the right time for him to step aside before it becomes a problem. If he was to leave a few days after Heckingbottom that’d be pretty poor PR.
    Did he recommend choose Hecky? Genuine question I dunno.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He is experienced at the club
    So does Tam and Joyce McCourt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Did he recommend choose Hecky? Genuine question I dunno.
    Would have been involved in the process, no idea about anything further than that.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Yogi on Sportsound saying our academy has been crap for 5 years and that Porteous is the only one to emerge.

Fletcher was the last one and we sold him soon after Hughes was appointed. He’s not sounding bitter at all!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Yogi on Sportsound saying our academy has been crap for 5 years and that Porteous is the only one to emerge.

Fletcher was the last one and we sold him soon after Hughes was appointed. He’s not sounding bitter at all!
    I would be bitter too if I was Yogi in his dream job with all his players ripped away from him.

Fletcher, Stokes, Zemmama, Bamba replaced with no money at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Can we not just wish the guy well instead of showing a desperate desire to portray him in a bad light?

Can you argue with him on that point?

is John Park available

Think Yogi has been doing work with the SFA, wonder if he could be a contender to replace him?

Sure people that take the piss out of him because of how he talks won’t be keen but I think someone with his experience and enthusiasm would be great to be around the young players coming through.

Anybody who was in anyway part of the 2016 Cup Winning Team set up will never get critised by me.Good luck George.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    is John Park available
    A stick on Graham Mathie gets the job.
    We can but dream we could get someone like John Park back.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    He was always a very engaging man to listen to, and his passion for the job was always evident. On the couple of visits I’ve had to East Mains you left with a good understanding of the structure he desired for Hibs. Hopefully the right replacement can continue in that vein, perhaps see more influence in signings again that possibly has been diluted recently.
    100% correct

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

He's right though ?