hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you argue with him on that point?
    Yup, not every player coming through will make it as a first team player for 10+ years or go on to bigger and better things but Hibs have given opportunities to a number of players over the years, handling, Stanton, Harris,Caldwell, L.Allan to name a few and we’re still doing it with shaw Mackie Murray Campbell etc getting chances.
    Haven’t we also won the development league on a couple of occasions and the cup?
    Just because we haven’t replicated this golden generation doesn’t mean the academy is failing or been p!sh for 5 years

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    He's right though ?
    Sadly I think he is. Porteous is quite a bit ahead of anybody else I’ve seen and I don’t think that’s necessarily through the academy work, he just seems to be one of those lucky ones that stands out in a crowd. I may be wrong, we should have 2 each year viable for first team. Being honest most years we are just releasing almost all the over aged players.

Mackie and Murray won’t make it at this rate. Certainly not Mackie given his age. He should be near first team now, not away out on loan. Think this is make it or break it year for both of them.

Says it all that we’ve got 4 senior right backs...

He's right though ?
    Na, definitely not..I'm quite happy of our academy just produces solid squad players like Shaw.

Murray, Shaw and Mackie all have potential to be good players for Hibs anyway. Yogi is a ****ing slaver.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I would be bitter too if I was Yogi in his dream job with all his players ripped away from him.

Fletcher, Stokes, Zemmama, Bamba replaced with no money at all.
    Recruited poorly and had to go, can't remember too many folk defending him when he left.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Na, definitely not..I'm quite happy of our academy just produces solid squad players like Shaw.

Murray, Shaw and Mackie all have potential to be good players for Hibs anyway. Yogi is a ****ing slaver.
    Solid squad players like Murray, Shaw and Mackie?

One is out on loan. One can’t get in the squad (which I disagree with) and one has hardly made any contribution for 6 or 7 months.

The academy has to start producing more players who are capable of impacting the team regularly. None of those three are babies in football terms.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Fraser Murray i really REALLY rate and i'm struggling to understand why he isn't getting a game , Every time i see this lad he makes a difference , Energy in spades , Likes a dig at goal and not shy in a tackle or 2.

Mackie ? Nah , No for me, Not been impressed with him when ever i have seen him play , Won't make it at Hibs imo..

Shaw burst on to the scene and their was definite promise there , He hasn't kicked on as i would have liked and i don't think he will make the grade

The return we are getting from East Mains is nothing short of pathetic considering how much we pump into it

All imo ofcourse

@hibs.net private member
    George was probably Leanne's best signing at a time the club was on its knees. Thanks for everything George and have a long and happy retirement.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Recruited poorly and had to go, can't remember too many folk defending him when he left.
    Cant remember him getting any money, and had to rely on free transfers after the heart of his team was punted.

I suppose we did get a new training centre and stand out of it, but it was cost cutting like he had under his stewardship that eventually resulted in us being relegated in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Cant remember him getting any money, and had to rely on free transfers after the heart of his team was punted.

I suppose we did get a new training centre and stand out of it, but it was cost cutting like he had under his stewardship that eventually resulted in us being relegated in my opinion.
    Was Valdys Trakys signed to replace Stokes or am I getting my years mixed up?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    He's right though ?
    Aye, but is there any need to trample the guys reputation on the day he says he’s retiring?

Came across as a right welt.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Aye, but is there any need to trample the guys reputation on the day he says he’s retiring?

Never listened to it so can't comment . I'm merely agreeing that the return we have had at youth level is nothing short of pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Yup, not every player coming through will make it as a first team player for 10+ years or go on to bigger and better things but Hibs have given opportunities to a number of players over the years, handling, Stanton, Harris,Caldwell, L.Allan to name a few and we’re still doing it with shaw Mackie Murray Campbell etc getting chances.
    Haven’t we also won the development league on a couple of occasions and the cup?
    Just because we haven’t replicated this golden generation doesn’t mean the academy is failing or been p!sh for 5 years
    5 years been more like 10, the youth set up is crap unless like you say it's there to give opportunities to players , I cant see many fans being happy with that, we need to bring players through who are good enough and can sell on.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    So does Tam and Joyce McCourt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You asked for a reason, you got one

Fraser Murray i really REALLY rate and i'm struggling to understand why he isn't getting a game , Every time i see this lad he makes a difference , Energy in spades , Likes a dig at goal and not shy in a tackle or 2.

Mackie ? Nah , No for me, Not been impressed with him when ever i have seen him play , Won't make it at Hibs imo..

Shaw burst on to the scene and their was definite promise there , He hasn't kicked on as i would have liked and i don't think he will make the grade

The return we are getting from East Mains is nothing short of pathetic considering how much we pump into it

All imo ofcourse
    If Murray turns out to be a great player then the academy is worth it.

No idea what East mains has to do with anything?;

If Murray turns out to be a great player then the academy is worth it.

No idea what East mains has to do with anything?
    ;

Just me rambling on

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

It was rotten before George Craig took over so it’s not really his reputation, it’s the clubs reputation more than anything. Hearts are still getting better youngsters than us, this is summed up by how many of our youth is made up by Hearts rejects. George Craig was responsible for improving this but in truth a lot of it is a team effort, Eddie May and all the youth coaches etc.

I still think we would be better placed having a club ethos. E.g. “we are a passing technical team mainly” so throughout the age groups we encourage and develop those traits with particular focus.

Our youth development is really poor.

I may be wrong but I think Ron will want his own man in this post. This is where the club can grow and unless I’m mistaken, he’s already indicated selling youth for millions etc. would be good return on indoor training centre.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I’ve said before that’s there’s an argument for scrapping the youth setup altogether.

Instead, divert all the funds towards poaching the best youngsters from other teams, kinda like what we did with John McGinn.

Sucks morally but might get better results.

All imo ofcourse
    Out of interest, how much do we pump into it?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I’ve said before that’s there’s an argument for scrapping the youth setup altogether.

Instead, divert all the funds towards poaching the best youngsters from other teams, kinda like what we did with John McGinn.

I’d hate it if the club did this. That could essentially lead to Celtic and Rangers picking up all talent in Edinburgh and every other club competing for the waste product of that process. I worry for Scottish football...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    is John Park available
    Would be the best move the club could makeZ

Met him a few times, nice guy who loved his job.
    I think he has chosen this time because there are changes afoot anyway. I doubt it would have been part of a long term plan to retire mid way through a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!

We are millions of £ behind Celtic Rangers hearts and the sheep anyway when it comes to development.

What happened to the youth coach at Dundee Utd that brought through **** loads?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    Can you argue with him on that point?
    He’s bang on the money.

Look at our neighbours, Aberdeen and Motherwell.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    It was rotten before George Craig took over so it’s not really his reputation, it’s the clubs reputation more than anything. Hearts are still getting better youngsters than us, this is summed up by how many of our youth is made up by Hearts rejects. George Craig was responsible for improving this but in truth a lot of it is a team effort, Eddie May and all the youth coaches etc.

I still think we would be better placed having a club ethos. E.g. “we are a passing technical team mainly” so throughout the age groups we encourage and develop those traits with particular focus.

Our youth development is really poor.

I may be wrong but I think Ron will want his own man in this post. This is where the club can grow and unless I’m mistaken, he’s already indicated selling youth for millions etc. would be good return on indoor training centre.
    This.

We've had 3 managers under the new regime, Stubbs tried to play a passing style and the players brought in complimented that, Lennon carried on mostly with Stubb's team but made a few mistakes when he lost the best midfield in the league. So far Heckingbottom has shown us absolutely nothing compared to the previous 2 managers, whether we play 3-5-2, 4-5-2, 4-3-3,4-4-2 there needs to be a definite style of play, one that epitomises what Hibernian football stands for.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I’m sure the figure for running costs was around £500,000 per year.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    About 450K a year

Good luck George. Thanks for the part you played over the last 5 years, particularly the cup win.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Was Valdys Trakys signed to replace Stokes or am I getting my years mixed up?
    Daryl Duffy then yogi broke his leg in training few weeks later

Played a huge part in McGinn signing. No one is immune to criticism, but he has undoubtedly improved us in his time here.

All the best GC.

All the best George!