hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Tom James - Heckingbottoms best signing and been missed

As it says on the tin. Thought he played well tonight and has been decent in the other games ive seen him. Has a lot of composure on the ball with good passing ability.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can he or Naismith play a sitting mid?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I thought Doidge was good tonight as well. Hopefully Newell gains confidence from a top drawer penalty as I think that there is a player in there (but that one is totally on a hunch).

I’d love nothing better than a hard fought draw or better at the weekend (very unlikely) and a turning point. I do think that somewhere in amongst our personnel is a good team.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    played well tonight, definitely been missed.

@hibs.net private member PercyHibs's Avatar
    Between James and Doidge for MoTM. Both excellent. A couple of wingers to get crosses into Doidge and we may just have a team.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Tom James looks like he could be a good signing but Doidge was a big honking jobby. Did nothing apart from foul, hand ball and give the ball away.

@hibs.net private member
    You have to ask though - why did we sign Naismith then? We have more right backs than forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tom James looks like he could be a good signing but Doidge was a big honking jobby. Did nothing apart from foul, hand ball and give the ball away.
    Won about 90% of the headers he went for. Nobody gambling on the second ball at all from midfield.

James looks a better player than Naismith for me.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I haven't been impressed with him at all so glad to hear he played well tonight and look forward to him doing so again on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Very tidy and good on the ball. Will no doubt struggle against pace though.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I haven't been impressed with him at all so glad to hear he played well tonight and look forward to him doing so again on Saturday.
    I have to ask, politely mind. When was the game you weren’t impressed with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I have to ask, politely mind. When was the game you weren’t impressed with him?
    Those will be the games he played in where some others saw enough to decide he was a good signing.

Disagree about Doidge. Wins his headers and gets stuck in. Pity Kamberi doesnt

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Disagree about Doidge. Wins his headers and gets stuck in. Pity Kamberi doesnt

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    Think if Doidge had started v Hearts we could well have won. Not saying he’s a world beater but he may have done more with the ‘service’ Kamberi got.

Other than the win tonight and the confidence and relief that will bring, it was importantly another game for James, Doidge, Hallberg, Newell, Porteous, Middleton & Maxwell who for a variety of reason have not played much football.

Those will be the games he played in where some others saw enough to decide he was a good signing.
    Not any game you seen then rather than others forming your opinion for you it seems. You’ve not seen him play much have you? Again, politely asking.

Not any game you seen then rather than others forming your opinion for you it seems. You’ve not seen him play much have you? Again, politely asking.
    And I'll ask you in return, politely mind, what are you on about ? On one hand you are saying I haven't seen him play then in your next sentence you say I've not seen him play much. Make up your mind, what one is it ?
    Last edited by jeffers; 26-09-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Gamer IDs

I agree with what folk are saying about Doidge tonight, I definitely think he could be useful, certainly won almost all his headers and put himself about well

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    I agree with what folk are saying about Doidge tonight, I definitely think he could be useful, certainly won almost all his headers and put himself about well
    I think the manager needs to be brave and play a diamond of Doidge as his poacher with Kamberi and Middleton either side of him playing middle to front and Allan in the middle just behind them.

We simply must start making chances for our forwards to score goals and leaving them isolated and shelling balls at them as we are currently won't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbiemacfie View Post
    It's not unusual for Tom James to play midfield. Oh gawd not that old pun again. If only for that reason he has been missed.
    That's going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day now

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I think the manager needs to be brave and play a diamond of Doidge as his poacher with Kamberi and Middleton either side of him playing middle to front and Allan in the middle just behind them.

We simply must start making chances for our forwards to score goals and leaving them isolated and shelling balls at them as we are currently won't cut it.
    Couldn't agree more! This team is crying out to be playing in a diamond with Kamberi and Doidge on the field together!

Is there any need to use such language?

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Couldn't agree more! This team is crying out to be playing in a diamond with Kamberi and Doidge on the field together!
    I agree but there is no position for Boyle, Horgan or Middleton in a diamond.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    That would be fine with me. Horgan and Middleton have been poor and Boyle won’t be back for ages.

Kennedy was probably our brightest player for the first 10 games in the Championship. There was no place for him in a diamond but suddenly we started to see more from Allan, Malonga and Cummings. A lot more, in fact we went from a toiling side who huffed and puffed to a pretty handy one.

I have a hunch that the players you mention might need to be sacrificed for the sake of the team.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    I agree, he added a much needed calmness to our defence yesterday.

And I'll ask you in return, politely mind, what are you on about ? On one hand you are saying I haven't seen him play then in your next sentence you say I've not seen him play much. Make up your mind, what one is it ?
    The games seen him play (LC ties, Carlisle, early part of the St Mirren game) I thought he was looking decent and scored a very well taken goal v Alloa. Now, which game or games was it that he didn’t impress you as you’ve remarked? That’s what I asked you and that’s what I’m on about but you seem reluctant to answer.
    When didn’t he impress you?
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 26-09-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Kennedy was probably our brightest player for the first 10 games in the Championship. There was no place for him in a diamond but suddenly we started to see more from Allan, Malonga and Cummings. A lot more, in fact we went from a toiling side who huffed and puffed to a pretty handy one.

I have a hunch that the players you mention might need to be sacrificed for the sake of the team.
    Said after the game last night that, for the moment, we need to forget the idea of wingers. We’re getting pretty much nothing from them.

A diamond in the middle of the park has to be a shout.

The games seen him play (LC ties, Carlisle, early part of the St Mirren game) I thought he was looking decent and scored a very well taken goal v Alloa. Now, which game or games was it that he didn’t impress you as you’ve remarked? That’s what I asked you and that’s what I’m on about but you seem reluctant to answer.
    When didn’t he impress you?
    I saw him in person (for the avoidance of any doubt) at the Alloa and St Mirren games. Looked to be neat and tidy on the ball, but had no real drive or pace and didn’t look great defensively to me - an assessment shared by others on this forum. He was unlucky to be injured v St Mirren from a very poor challenge but up to that point I thought he wasn’t doing great against their wide man.

If he showed something different to that last night and continues to show that then I’ll be happy to change my initial assessment about him. As I said in my initial post on this thread I’ll look forward to seeing a similar performance on Saturday.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    4-2-3-1?

_______________Marciano

James____Porteous____Jackson____Stevenson

___________Hallberg___Vela

___Position 1____Allan____Position 2

_________________Doidge

Boyle, Middleton, Mallan, Horgan, Murray & Newell competing for those two positions.

Mallan & Murray capable of filling in for Allan if he is injured or unavailable.

Kamberi & Shaw could also fill in those positions if needed while leaving Doidge up front as a penalty box striker that the midfield three supply with through-balls or crosses to attack.