hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Gordon to give Paul Heckingbottom more time to turn things around (The Sun)

It's the Sun, and there is no quotes from him, so take with a pinch of salt. And whoever that guy that says the fans are split? It couldn't be more clear that the fans are heavily in favour of punting him.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...box=1569274423

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Probably just best guess stuff. Sadly I think it’s probably true though - Ron will happily just listen to George Craig and Leeann on this matter for now. They were both primarily involved in Heckingbottom’s recruitment so won’t want to admit he isn’t working out.

My biggest concern is Heckingbottom seems a nice guy and I don’t want the apathy to descend into poisonous animosity. It’s not far away - guys behind the dugouts were getting talked to by the police as they hurled abuse at Heckingbottom. Heckingbottom moved closer to the centre to get away from it, was almost holding hands with the 4th official in parts.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    The PH sales pitch (that patter is making me ****ing cringe now) has obviously worked its charm on Ron Gordon too.

Everything will be fine !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably just best guess stuff. Sadly I think it’s probably true though - Ron will happily just listen to George Craig and Leeann on this matter for now. They were both primarily involved in Heckingbottom’s recruitment so won’t want to admit he isn’t working out.

My biggest concern is Heckingbottom seems a nice guy and I don’t want the apathy to descend into poisonous animosity. It’s not far away - guys behind the dugouts were getting talked to by the police as they hurled abuse at Heckingbottom. Heckingbottom moved closer to the centre to get away from it, was almost holding hands with the 4th official in parts.
    Nice guy maybe, he shafted Barnsley to go to Leeds. Time for apathy.

God help us then.

It's the current bun and their made up drivel.

Irvine Welsh says hibs relegation favourites currently.

Looking through the squad and performances, finding it hard to argue against that. Spineless, rotten, woeful comes to mind

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Genuinely think he's only being given the next couple of games while we try get someone else. He'll be gone and a new man will be in place before end of October.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post

Looking through the squad and performances, finding it hard to argue against that. Spineless, rotten, woeful comes to mind
    Stats show that as well. We have worst form in the league looking at past 5 games.

Biggest concern is, as many people are saying, not just Hibs fans - “I cannot see where Hibs will pick up a win”.

Club are assuming this just needs time. Time, much like in general life, is not a football club’s friend. It’s an enemy. You need to fight against it and make sure you use it wisely, not be in a “it might be better in 3months time” mindset. Hibs fans are like any other, if football product is rubbish and results aren’t good then they will stop going. It’s not a bespoke thing to Hibs. Worrying times tbh.

Testimonial Due
    No actual quotes from Ron. Just some quotes from Hibs fans. A made up story. Never believe the Sun.

Thank goodness it’s the Sun, was worried for a minute!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    No actual quotes from Ron. Just some quotes from Hibs fans. A made up story. Never believe the Sun.
    Indeed, just a page filler story. In any case, the old vote of confidence usually counts for nothing.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

More time to turn things round, next 3 games

Killie
    Celtic
    Aberdeen

If he wins all three then fair enough. He won’t however and I’d be surprised to see us progress in the cup or pick up a point.

Once we get pumped by Celtic on Saturday it’s curtains, I genuinely think it could be 6-0 or so.

Sack him now. He completely out of his depth.

Left by mutual consent!
    Throwing a 1-0 lead against Hearts at home is worthy of a sacking on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Throwing a 1-0 lead against Hearts at home is worthy of a sacking on its own.
    A hearts team who hadn’t won a league.

Unforgivable. How he hasn’t been sacked today, something is seriously wrong. Dempster too proud to sack her choice of manager I reckon

Speculation by the Sun, to generate a reaction.

Maybe the optics of PH's sacking will look better once we're rooted at the bottom of the league and out of the League Cup ie in 1 week's time. Would then be difficult for PH to complain about getting the bullet when his KPI is to win a cup and get top 4 / Europe.

Left by mutual consent!
    A hearts team who hadn’t won a league.

Unforgivable. How he hasn’t been sacked today, something is seriously wrong. Dempster too proud to sack her choice of manager I reckon
    The longer the board keep hanging on hoping that things will change the deeper the hole we are digging ourselves into.

I was happy with the appointment of PH and like many on here thought we made a great appointment based on his first 10 or so games in charge. This season has been a shambles from the very start, signings look mediocre compared to recent years and this is coming off the back of European football, players going for good fees, record season ticket sales, the 'biggest football budget' in years etc etc.

I think a change is required from the top to the very bottom. I hope Ron has got plans in place to bring in new board members and replace the bodies currently in place (George Craig etc). I understand these people came in at a difficult time (post relegation) and did a wonderful job in building a football team and bringing the community together. Scottish Cup win was a team effort from the top to the very bottom and they will always be in highest regard for that at Easter Road for eternity. But the evidence is there to show they have taken Hibernian as far as they can and now is the time to hand over the reigns to someone who can take us to that next level of guaranteeing European football, more trophies and challenging the old firm as far as we can.

These people will not just give up there jobs and leave themselves jobless for obvious reasons, if they do not wish to look for a new opportunity to let the club move on then it is one of Ron's first major decisions to make that move for them.

I pray we can change this around and kick on our season starting Wednesday, but the current feeling is one of the those from pre relegation, and it's not pretty.
    Last edited by Hibeesmad; 23-09-2019 at 11:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    He could have 6 months to turn it around, there is no sign of this "team" clicking anytime soon...
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

He’ll probably be given these 3 games but the search I'm sure will have began.

For the likes of Dempster, Petrie etc etc picking a manager is just a guessing game to them but the club seems to have bummed themselves up so much regarding the staff structure, recruitment etc recently that I reckon they’ll find it quite hard to admit defeat.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

It's easy to argue against that. We're not even close to being favourites.

Hibs are 250/1 to finish bottom.

Hearts are 100/1 and St Mirren are 7/4.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's easy to argue against that. We're not even close to being favourites.

Hibs are 250/1 to finish bottom.

Hearts are 100/1 and St Mirren are 7/4.
    That looks very generous right now. Might be one for the bookie bashing thread
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    More time to turn things round, next 3 games

Killie
    Celtic
    Aberdeen

If he wins all three then fair enough. He won’t however and I’d be surprised to see us progress in the cup or pick up a point.

Once we get pumped by Celtic on Saturday it’s curtains, I genuinely think it could be 6-0 or so.
    I genuinely fear the worst against Celtic. punt him today and let a caretaker take a chance against a rotten Killie team. if we can at least put up a fight there, we might keep a bit of pride fighting off a Celtic team that could demolish us.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Looks like Wee Ron has been reading up on British soccer: The famous “Kiss of Death” from the Chairman

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Wants to wait till he’s replaced Dempster before she gets to pick the new manager.

That’s not a dig at her, I just think he’ll want his own person running the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Hibs are 250/1 to finish bottom..
    You must have prompted a rush to the bookies with your post as the best I can find is 100/1.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    David Hardie, a club mouthpiece for the EEN, also stating there will be no knee jerk reactions after the derby (****ing knee jerk?!? We’ve been ***** for weeks!) from the club and Heckingbottom faces a make or break period of games up until Aberdeen away.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...king-1-5009888

So he’s getting until the international break before getting the sack.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    David Hardie, a club mouthpiece for the EEN, also stating there will be no knee jerk reactions after the derby (****ing knee jerk?!? We’ve been ***** for weeks!) from the club and Heckingbottom faces a make or break period of games up until Aberdeen away.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...king-1-5009888

So he’s getting until the international break before getting the sack.
    Might change once we are out the cup and Celtic have done a Malmo on us.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    There's so little about our predicament in the press. It's as if we're just too boring to warrant much analysis since their pal Lennon left.