hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maxwell

Maxwell

Good distribution and handling from corners and cross balls. At fault for equaliser though. Ikpeazu is back to goal with defenders around him. He was never going to get power on an effort or find a corner. Best he would do would be getting it on target. He does, a tame shot into the middle of the net. Unfortunately for us Maxwell must be a wrestling fan and wanted a closer look at what was going on so ran round the corner for a better view.

Incidentally the game finishes 2-2 if it was Ikpeazu who punches the ball out the keepers hands at the end. Anything he does gets filed under pure strength and fouls don't apply.

Maxwell no chance for 2nd. Unlucky deflected right into top corner.

I don't even know why I'm bumping my gums. expected to get beat at home to the injury ravaged bottom team in the league without a league win since March. That is how low Hecky and his band of English lower league mince has taken us.

There's always Joe Newell to come in I suppose

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good distribution and handling from corners and cross balls. At fault for equaliser though. Ikpeazu is back to goal with defenders around him. He was never going to get power on an effort or find a corner. Best he would do would be getting it on target. He does, a tame shot into the middle of the net. Unfortunately for us Maxwell must be a wrestling fan and wanted a closer look at what was going on so ran round the corner for a better view.

Incidentally the game finishes 2-2 if it was Ikpeazu who punches the ball out the keepers hands at the end. Anything he does gets filed under pure strength and fouls don't apply.

I don't even know why I'm bumping my gums. expected to get beat at home to the injury ravaged bottom team in the league without a league win since March. That is how low Hecky and his band of English lower league mince has taken us.

Was quite impressed with the goalie took crosses well.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post

Agree. Think on first goal our defenders slow to move in and black and clear. Second goal we made Ikpeazu look like Messi.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Looks like he’s a bit lacking in height and lacks spring. Not a good combo for a keeper.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

First goal defender error and second goal he would have got to bar the deflection. Camera behind the goal on Sportscene showed that last night.

Cross balls he was excellent-great to see crosses caught not punched

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    The goalkeeping position is the last of our concerns at the moment. Maxwell did just fine yesterday.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Looks like he’s a bit lacking in height and lacks spring. Not a good combo for a keeper.
    How? He claimed nearly every corner and cross that came in yesterday.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    His distribution was awful. Every kick right down Berra’s throat. Was doing my head in during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    His distribution was awful. Every kick right down Berra’s throat. Was doing my head in during the game.
    Exactly. A complete myth that his distribution is good on the basis he threw it out twice.

Thought he had an ok game to be honest. Claimed corners well. Marciano saves the second imo, Maxwell’s lack of height let him down there as he was very close to getting a finger to it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Not seen it back but I thought he should have done much better with the first.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Handling at crosses very good distribution not so

First goal our defenders should have done better to clear Ikpeazu rolled them and scored on the deck similar to Hanlon at Tiny

Second goal took a wicked deflection off Vela no chance

Did fine
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 23-09-2019 at 07:17 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t think it was his overall distribution that was the problem - clearly he was kicking it where he was told to kick it. The fact that the tactic was to kick it up to Kamberi against Berra was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Not seen it back but I thought he should have done much better with the first.
    No fault at all.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigMNFitba View Post
    I don’t think it was his overall distribution that was the problem - clearly he was kicking it where he was told to kick it. The fact that the tactic was to kick it up to Kamberi against Berra was the problem.
    100% spot on. His ability to hit the opposition 18 yard box every time is the reason Marciano didn't play. Hecky had 1 tactic and this was it. Forget the lame excuse he gave pre game about Rocky.

This puzzled me as well. Why no just send it up the right hand side where Naismith was towering over mulraney?? Like he was aiming for the gap in Berra's teeth at times..

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyS View Post
    100% spot on. His ability to hit the opposition 18 yard box every time is the reason Marciano didn't play. Hecky had 1 tactic and this was it. Forget the lame excuse he gave pre game about Rocky.
    What did he say about Rocky?

Left by mutual consent!
    He would be a world class long bangers player.

Commanded his area quite well, took a lot of crosses out of the sky. Couldn't do anything about either goal IMO.

His kicking wasn't accurate, but it was always reliable. Sounds like a stretch I know, but Rocky is so liable to scuff a kick and give it to the opposition in dangerous areas, we had none of that yesterday.

That shouldn't really be praise, but it is at least true.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    What did he say about Rocky?
    His BBC radio interview pre match mentioned Marciano making too many mistakes recently. Fair enough, im not going to disagree there but Rocky has had wee mistakes in his locker since he arrived so why wait til this game to make the change?

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Gutted he had to lose. Good keeper.

Defence looked more comfortable with Maxwell in goals

First Team Breakthrough
    Watched the equaliser a few times and can’t see where he was at fault to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHarpy76 View Post
    Watched the equaliser a few times and can’t see where he was at fault to be honest.
    The criticism of him is nonsense. If he stays on his line he isn't narrowing the angle of the shot, moving off his line is absolutely the right decision.

We've already debated the 'distribution' question, there's a lot of bad analysis IMO, so leave it there, I think, suffice it to say he has range and accuracy with his side volleys that Rocky doesn't.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 23-09-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Left by mutual consent!

My take on it too. I thought he was good yesterday. Unlucky with the first (defender blocking his view) and plenty keepers would be beaten by the second. Bossed the box in the main. A decent showing and has been said, the least of our worries.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Did you not see him take nearly every ball in the air?

Testimonial Due
    Maxwell did well with the crossed balls. The kicking rather than building from the back was presumably the manager's choice. It was doing my head in and conceded possession back to Hearts on almost every occasion.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    The goalkeeping position is the last of our concerns at the moment. Maxwell did just fine yesterday.
    Surprised to see the change, but we have two decent options in goal. Do we have two decent options in every other position..?

@hibs.net private member
    Maxwell was always looking to slow things down, which i think was to our detriment, we are actually quite a good counter attacking team at times and his lack of speed in those times cost us.

The only thing i can sat that kind of makes me slightly hypocritical of that comment is that our 'wide' players failed to hit the touchlines in these situations, thus opening up the game for a counter, instead ran straight down the middle into the crowd of players, giving Maxwell little option to go for a speedy attack.

I couldn't blame him for either goal yesterday. The players in front of him could have done more for both though.