hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I sit in in the middle of row G, West Lower and clearly heard someone behind me shouting "black b*****d" at a Hearts player midway through the first half. I looked round, as I was going to tell him to shut the f***up, but couldn't narrow down who it was.

Micky Weir wants Hibs to be the first Club in the UK to have a permanent 'Show Racism the Red Card' advertising board, pitch side, and sadly, we obviously have a long way to go.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    No need for it at all.

Big, useless, huddie ******* more than adequate.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No need for it at all.

Big, useless, huddie ******* more than adequate.
    Big useless huddie that has scored two out of two at Easter Road never gives up, keeps plodding away, puts it about and knows that eventually he will get chances

Fair play to the Big Man!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Big useless huddie that has scored two out of two at Easter Road never gives up, keeps plodding away, puts it about and knows that eventually he will get chances

He's absolutely ***** but he's like bringing a tank to a gun fight in the derby. Suited to it.

Horrible, pathetic idiot. Hope he does get identified and banned. Zero tolerance for that racist ****.

Ikpeazu did more than anyone to get that result for them. He was geeing up his team mates and their support which is sadly more than any Hibs player did despite us taking the lead.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Inspiration to kids wishing to hit the big stage. Just goes to show that if you pull enough jerseys you'll eventually score with a tackle.

Anyway, we're veering away from the point of the thread. By all means call them crap but racism is totally uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    I sit in in the middle of row G, West Lower and clearly heard someone behind me shouting "black b*****d" at a Hearts player midway through the first half. I looked round, as I was going to tell him to shut the f***up, but couldn't narrow down who it was.

Micky Weir wants Hibs to be the first Club in the UK to have a permanent 'Show Racism the Red Card' advertising board, pitch side, and sadly, we obviously have a long way to go.
    That’s a great suggestion Susan, any idea how we can add our support to that proposal?
    Last edited by RIP; 23-09-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Unacceptable. A society problem I’m afraid.
    I don't come across it at work, or where I live. Both are diverse places, and welcome immigrants. I dare say there are idiots but I've only ever had to tell them I don't agree with their speech for them to get the picture.

Left by mutual consent!
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/hibs-probe-alleged-racist-abuse-of-hearts-striker-uche-ikpeazu-at-edinburgh-derby-1-5009620

It is a society issue as someone has said. Football is the prefect vehicle for the racists and bigots to pedal their filth. We continue to have a small problem with some real numbskulls n our support. The positive we need to focus on is that a decent fan has reported it to the club.

No need for that pish. I was annoyed as anyone in the aftermath of both of their goals. It never crossed my mind to racially abuse Ikpeazu.

Hope the person responsible is identified, banned for life and arrested and charged by the police.

Disgusting behaviour and not representative of the hibs support. Sick of these morons dragging our name through the mud. Unfortunately the derby seems to bring out the idiot element in our support. Fortunately they are in the very tiny minority but even so its embarrassing.

Hope he is caught and never sets foot in our support again. We don't need nor want vile ****bags like that.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Abhorrent behaviour, but not surprising. There was a point during the first half where a 70-something year old man in the front row of the East stand was giving it the big yin, screaming abuse at a 17 year old kid who went over to take a throw-in for his team. Who cares if young Hickey plays for Hearts - in what world is it acceptable to scream abuse at someone probably 55 years your junior?! I wish we had 11 players with Uche's fight and determination on the park right now. Yet he's subjected to this garbage?

There are clearly some utter welts in our support (as in every support), and you combine that with the general ill-feeling around the club and losing a derby, it's no surprise some of these welts feel secure enough in allowing their racist/sectarian sentiment come out into the open. Pleased to see the club are looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Abhorrent behaviour, but not surprising. There was a point during the first half where a 70-something year old man in the front row of the East stand was giving it the big yin, screaming abuse at a 17 year old kid who went over to take a throw-in for his team. Who cares if young Hickey plays for Hearts - in what world is it acceptable to scream abuse at someone probably 55 years your junior?! I wish we had 11 players with Uche's fight and determination on the park right now. Yet he's subjected to this garbage?
    In what world is it acceptable to scream abuse at someone doing their job?

It's truly mind boggling that we are at a stage in football where it's become so customary to abuse people that anyone suggesting we shouldn't is labelled a snowflake, or gets told "oh you would never have survived the terraces in my day" blah blah blah.

It's not acceptable to shout abuse at bus drivers, taxi drivers, on board train staff, mcdonalds staff, waiting staff, anyone doing their job - but footballers it's ok?

Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

It's truly mind boggling that we are at a stage in football where it's become so customary to abuse people that anyone suggesting we shouldn't is labelled a snowflake, or gets told "oh you would never have survived the terraces in my day" blah blah blah.

It's not acceptable to shout abuse at bus drivers, taxi drivers, on board train staff, mcdonalds staff, waiting staff, anyone doing their job - but footballers it's ok?

Mental.
    You have a point, but ever sat down and discovered gherkins on your burger when you clearly ordered it plain?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Mental.
    I back a return to the Corinthian spirit, and hope that we can all keep our comments to positive remarks about our opponents play, as well as bally well giving a root toot toot to our own players.

Sorry, racism and homophobia are not on, but it's football and we are there to get involved in the passion of the sport.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post

There are clearly some utter welts in our support (as in every support), and you combine that with the general ill-feeling around the club and losing a derby, it's no surprise some of these welts feel secure enough in allowing their racist/sectarian sentiment come out into the open. Pleased to see the club are looking into it.
    Oh shut up. You should’ve stuck with supporting Livingston. Giving the opposition a bit of grief is absolutely fine in my book. To compare that to racism and sectarianism is laughable.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Oh shut up. You should’ve stuck with supporting Livingston. Giving the opposition a bit of grief is absolutely fine in my book. To compare that to racism and sectarianism is laughable.
    Good shout LB. 👍