hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

action from Ron?

Will the result of the Derby force Ron to take action and show us he means business?

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Hope so. Doubt it.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Time for him to “pony up”

Left by mutual consent!
    Nobody knows why the boy bought our club let alone take action.

Don’t give me the **** he will observe either.

Left by mutual consent!

Why did Ron Gordon buy Hibernian football club?

And his intentions?

Bought us over, done nothing.

Why did he buy the club? It must be for something.

Does anyone know?

I have a hunch that our at present low-profile new owner is observing and taking note and conferring discreetly behind the scenes and that he will make his intentions known in his own good time.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will the result of the Derby force Ron to take action and show us he means business?
    He's had his chance to show us that he means business and he's blown it. You don't show that you mean business after a derby. You show it during the derby.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi Heid Yin View Post
    I have a hunch that our at present low-profile new owner is observing and taking note and conferring discreetly behind the scenes and that he will make his intentions known in his own good time.
    I don't - I think the owner hasn't a clue about the feeling around the club and management and needs to act. I'm not talking cheque book stuff, I'm talking about getting rid of people who are absolutely under-performing at all aspects of the club. Management, media and marketing, commercial, etc.

Top to bottom - change is required.

Left by mutual consent!
    I agree with this. He's hardly been in the door yet some are saying he's 'blown it'. We've yet to see what Ron's business plan is.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankhfc View Post
    I agree with this. He's hardly been in the door yet some are saying he's 'blown it'. We've yet to see what Ron's business plan is.
    I read "Ron" as "Paul" for some reason. Time for bed I think.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Let’s just hope we have enough fans still bothered to hear his plans when he decides to reveal them. Pretty sure part of the reason we haven’t heard about them is because the footballing side of things is a disaster and he’ll be mainly talking about community work.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I don't - I think the owner hasn't a clue about the feeling around the club and management and needs to act. I'm not talking cheque book stuff, I'm talking about getting rid of people who are absolutely under-performing at all aspects of the club. Management, media and marketing, commercial, etc.

Top to bottom - change is required.
    And why do you assume that he is not discreetly observing and taking note and conferring on all the things you have just listed?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Let’s just hope we have enough fans still bothered to hear his plans when he decides to reveal them. Pretty sure part of the reason we haven’t heard about them is because the footballing side of things is a disaster and he’ll be mainly talking about community work.
    Nope its actually because I'm a lifelong supporter not a fan whose been through all the lows, very lows, moderate, highs, very highs and PERSEVERE.

I'm very interested in what Ron has in store for us as he was signed off by Sir Tom who wouldn't have sold to him otherwise if not being convinced of Ron's good intentions for our club.

@hibs.net private member
    Ron will make a move very soon I'm sure hes seen enough to make his mind up just a hunch no inside knowledge. 😉

Left by mutual consent!
    I have a hunch that Ron will do nothing, zilch......nada. We’ll go out the cup Wednesday and no doubt lose to Celtic and then Aberdeen. We are in serious trouble right now.

Ron, you need to act now!

Coaching Staff
    And why do you assume that he is not discreetly observing and taking note and conferring on all the things you have just listed?
    He's watched pre-season, watched some games, seen us not have a sponsor, seen the poor media and communications around the club, and hopefully seen the complete lack of creative spark behind the scenes. Yet nothing has been done. Not talking about knee jerk reactions, I'm talking about a guy who has come from a background of expertise in producing a 'product' - and there is none at Hibs. The media and commercial side of things is terrible, the stadium and game day experience is terrible, the football is terrible...........need I expand ?

Hibs are as dull as dishwater - top to bottom. Which is painful given the position of strength we were in for the last few seasons. People have taken their eye off the ball, the appointments have been incredibly sloppy and poor, and we have (in some areas) been drawn into nepotism and 'jobs for the boys'.

Was having a beer with my eldest today and even he said that being a fan (last few seasons) was great due to the creativity Hibs had had around marketing the club -(campaigns, videos, music, capitalising on results/games) - there's no verve or vibrancy. He was drawn back into attending games due to the positive approach and 'vibe' around being a fan. Fans reps are a token voice (and in my opinion useless), we employed an ex red top journalist as a Comms Manager due to him being a supporter and his previous position with a failing SFA and his brother being at the club, we haven't a decent sponsor, and the fans are being fed sub-standard fair..........need I go on ?

Root and branch, club needs refreshed - all organisations do when the product is failing. He needs to act fast and give those in positions of responsibility a 'kick up the backside' - it feels like the 80's and 90's again.

Nothing ‘major’ will be done this season. This season will be him bedding himself in behind the scene and putting his mark on internal matters first and foremost, next season we might see some real changes.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Ron is addressing issues off the field where improvements are needed i really dont think itll be too long before he takes action on the field, he will be asking questions about why we are where we are, ron cant be blamed for the manager being *****, he wasnt on board when we appointed him

Testimonial Due
    Yup that is what USA businessmen do particularly when they have put their own money up.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixu1875 View Post
    Nothing ‘major’ will be done this season. This season will be him bedding himself in behind the scene and putting his mark on internal matters first and foremost, next season we might see some real changes.
    Some real changes as a Scottish Championship club? We’ve been there before. Better to get the ball rolling before it’s too late.

Maybe Ron’s TV company is making a Sunderland til I die follow up. They’ve even got a cast member in Robbie Stockdale. This series feels very similar to the last one at the moment.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    That's the bit I don't get he bought the club without a plan?
    Is he just making the plan up on the hoof.
    Hibs are in free fall and silence is all you'll hear

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Okay then. We will all just wait on this guy building this buisiness plan we have been hearing so much about whilst we will inevitably be sitting bottom come the international break and in a relegation dogfight yet again. But as long as he has time to build this great plan.

He doesnt have time when it comes to this. He needs to realise every second he lets this absolute farce continue it will only end up reflecting badly on him. As it stands we have heard from him twice. A press conference when he took over where both he and dempster said they looked forward to sharing their vision and ambitions in the following WEEKS and months. Well here we are 3 months on and we heard zero in those weeks and still havent heard about any form of plans or any changes that are going to be made. One interview hes had with hibs tv where he basically talked a lot about nothing. No real insight. Its all well and good wanting time to do this and that but when the team, management and general footballing department is failing so badly he needs to act now as he simply doesnt have time.

Petrie saw this shambles coming that's for sure.

Left by mutual consent!
    House prices in edinburgh still rising, now will it be flats or houses?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Maybe Ron’s TV company is making a Sunderland til I die follow up. They’ve even got a cast member in Robbie Stockdale. This series feels very similar to the last one at the moment.
    A Spanish language documentary following Pablo Heckingculito's muchachos on their journey to the Scottish Championship.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    He’s probably wondering the same thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    He’s probably wondering the same thing now.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    And his intentions?

Bought us over, done nothing.

Why did he buy the club? It must be for something.

Does anyone know?
    Is it not the case that he invested a million pounds?