hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Ojo Injured Again

Thing we dodged a bullet with this injury prone guy. Out for three months this time

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thing we dodged a bullet with this injury prone guy. Out for three months this time
    Injury prone and likes to get cards.

And we were pinning on all hopes on him?

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Indeed. no harm to the guy but he won't be spending much time playing before 2020.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    That means he won't be playing against us i a few weeks, we can't boo him now.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Injury prone and likes to get cards.

Yeah, get well cards.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post

Yeah, get well cards.

Sounds perfect for our squad

😏

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    That means he won't be playing against us i a few weeks, we can't boo him now.
    We can boo our own players instead.

Quote Originally Posted by douglashibs View Post
    We can boo our own players instead.
    We do that anyway

It's good to have some positive news in terms of we could have been lumbered with this.

For what it's worth I actually think Vela might turn out to be a good player if either PH or his replacement starts playing a midfield.
    I think he's been hung out to dry in a lot of games trying to hold the midfield together while we select 5 attackers none of who can tackle.

From what I've seen of him I think he could do what Barry Ferguson used to do for the Hun and be that guy that's always available to recycle the ball through.
    I know a lot of folk don't like that role but I do in the right sort of team.

Hopefully turns out that Vela > Ojo :)

Just scored for Rangers. He gets about

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    It's good to have some positive news in terms of we could have been lumbered with this.

For what it's worth I actually think Vela might turn out to be a good player if either PH or his replacement starts playing a midfield.
    I think he's been hung out to dry in a lot of games trying to hold the midfield together while we select 5 attackers none of who can tackle.

From what I've seen of him I think he could do what Barry Ferguson used to do for the Hun and be that guy that's always available to recycle the ball through.

That would do us just fine, but as you say we need a better midfield balance.

Maybe, hopefully, Vela and Hallberg can work as a pair, with Scott ahead of them.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

That would do us just fine, but as you say we need a better midfield balance.

Maybe, hopefully, Vela and Hallberg can work as a pair, with Scott ahead of them.

Testimonial Due

I have high Hope's for Vela too. Can clatter a player as well

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar

Great post

@hibs.net private member
    Schadenfreude?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    All of Heckys signings from the lower English leagues James Newell Vela Doidge and Jackson must now realise that the SPFL Premiership is different gravy.

They have now had time to settle and really need to do everything quicker think faster and be fitter and show more urgency than at anytime in their careers to date

They will find that out on Sunday in the hurley burley of an Edinburgh Derby

I agree Vela shows promise but he is not the DM midfield enforcer he has been shoehorned into so far this season

I also thought Hallberg showed a lot of nice touches on Saturday and took his goal with great composure and should only get better with improved fitness and gets to know his new colleagues

It is up to Hecky to get the best out of the squad he has assembled starting from Sunday

I would not be surprised if there are a few changes on Sunday as he needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat as it is now all about short term improved results at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

I would not be surprised if there are a few changes on Sunday as he needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat as it is now all about short term improved results at all costs
    I agree about the short term results. More poor results will see us further away from top six, although they showed they can go from eighth to fifth fairly quickly, lightening might not strike twice. Also the talk about long term plans is a slight concern because they'll need short term results to help with that, many a mickle make a muckle, whatever that means.

Jessica up front