hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Boyle

Martin Boyle

Anyone know what the latest is with his return from injury?

We've missed him and let's hope he returns to best pretty soon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sadly, It will be a long time before we see Martin.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone know what the latest is with his return from injury?

We've missed him and let's hope he returns to best pretty soon.
    Someone on another thread who seemed to have an insight said Christmas

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Last I heard his op was just a clean up and not as bad a thought. I’d heard October back to training....

@hibs.net private member
    That sounds even better BS

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Last I heard his op was just a clean up and not as bad a thought. I’d heard October back to training....
    I hope you're right with that, a fit Martin Boyle would be huge for us. My gut still says we'll be lucky to see him back in 2019 though, hope im wrong!

Based on no evidence whatsoever, I am keeping my expectations very, very low regarding Boyle.

To have as bad an injury as he did and to break down so soon after returning does not spell out good news for me, so whatever football we get from him from now on will be a bonus, if it happens to be decent football then even better.

I also think that this whole experience will have shaken him a bit and will have reinforced the need for him to make as much money as possible in what is a very short career. If he comes back playing at anything like a decent level, he'll likely move at the first opportunity if there is a move with any more money available.

His injury was a disaster for us on many levels, none more than the fact that he has matured into a very effective and accomplished player for us.

Tin hat on but pinning all our hopes on Martin Boyle returning worries me. He was poor before his injury. Was the same story last season. Ever since this Australia thing he's looked average at best. Decent out ball and another option but certainly not a saviour.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Tin hat on but pinning all our hopes on Martin Boyle returning worries me. He was poor before his injury. Was the same story last season. Ever since this Australia thing he's looked average at best. Decent out ball and another option but certainly not a saviour.
    It’s a bit harsh saying he was poor before his injury, he got injured before the league season had started. He only played two games.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Based on no evidence whatsoever, I am keeping my expectations very, very low regarding Boyle.

To have as bad an injury as he did and to break down so soon after returning does not spell out good news for me, so whatever football we get from him from now on will be a bonus, if it happens to be decent football then even better.

I also think that this whole experience will have shaken him a bit and will have reinforced the need for him to make as much money as possible in what is a very short career. If he comes back playing at anything like a decent level, he'll likely move at the first opportunity if there is a move with any more money available.

His injury was a disaster for us on many levels, none more than the fact that he has matured into a very effective and accomplished player for us.
    As much as I like Martin and he’s been a good player for us over the years.. I can’t see him ever being a level above Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    I have had a similar injury to Boyle and have also had complications post op, nothing serious but again similar to Boyle, the second op I had required healing but ultimately was not a huge step back in my rehab... I also am not a athlete in the slightest so have no regular attention in my rehab, he has physios at his beck and call... I would expect a decent recovery from him.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    As much as I like Martin and he’s been a good player for us over the years.. I can’t see him ever being a level above Hibs.
    I think that at the very least he'd be a decent bargain punt for a Championship club that would allow them to spend more of their budget on glamour players.

Correct

I heard the same, definitely expect to see him before xmas.

Definitely this side of Christmas. A real miss for us as we are sooo slooow...

I think that at the very least he'd be a decent bargain punt for a Championship club that would allow them to spend more of their budget on glamour players.
    Fair enough Smartie I don't see it that way but here's hoping he gets back fit and to a level where it's worth is arguing about it

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'm not quite sure we'll see the same Martin Boyle we had before the Australia injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I'm not quite sure we'll see the same Martin Boyle we had before the Australia injury.
    That's a reasonable fear given the severity of the original injury and how rapidly he broke down again. Thankfully Boyler has a great deal of natural fitness, fingers crossed he'll come back fully firing.

He came out on top of the speed trials in pre season not long after getting back out on the grass, so signs are good.

@hibs.net private member

Good post.

We have seen many times before players coming back from bad ones and not being the same. I'd be astounded if he hit previous heights. Subconciously there is always that wee feeling "could this go again".

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: friskyfraggle
    I asked him at the Ladies Slavia Praha game and he said back to training in October.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Fraggle View Post
    I asked him at the Ladies Slavia Praha game and he said back to training in October.
    Great to hear that

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 8 7 5 View Post
    Good post.

We have seen many times before players coming back from bad ones and not being the same. I'd be astounded if he hit previous heights. Subconciously there is always that wee feeling "could this go again".
    There’s always a chance a previous injury will pop up again... I was lazy in my rehab and still suffer from my knee injury, I didn’t strengthen my muscles around the knee and my knee bothers me.

Boyle on the other hand is in the correct environment and will get the correct care and rehab. If he commits to the rehab he should get back to his best.

His career was blossoming when injury struck, he will be aware of that and should be daring to get fit and healthy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Fraggle View Post
    Nice one.
    October 1st or the 30th?

Testimonial Due
    He will be back but we need to be patient with him. Give him time to get back to full fitness and match sharpness. He flourished under Stubbs and Lennon. Not sure if current management will get best out of him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hibs have tweeted he will be back a lot sooner than first thought/feared.

Probably wouldn't risk him for maybe 3 weeks after he starts running. Maybe a sub appearance then but nothing major.

Can’t wait to have him back!

Really missed him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Nice one.
    October 1st or the 30th?
    Why so petulant?

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    I blame Mcleish 😡Had he capped Boyle for Scotland, he wouldn’t have got injured playing for the Aussies .
    We’re badly missing his pace just now .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    I blame Mcleish 😡Had he capped Boyle for Scotland, he wouldn’t have got injured playing for the Aussies .
    We’re badly missing his pace just now .
    Kismet 😖