hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar

Car lease return-manheim shotts

So...go with daughter today to hand back lease car shes had for 4 years. Balloon payment of 4.5k too much for a fiat500. Its only got 8500 on the clock do hardly used.

Inspection guy looks it over then presents bill of 700! Wheels scuffed....they're good for a 4 yo car and stilllook great..tyre cracked...had its mot 2 days ago and all legal...needs interior valet...was pro valetted last week and.....a piece of bird **** on the roof.

We refusec to sign the inspection off at which point the guy got aggressive and called me an overprotective dad!! I was only there to give her a lift home...maybe it was because i laughed out loud at the bird **** issue.

So..beware. make sure your leased car is in mint showroom condition before return....and keep.it away from seagulls. 🤬🤬

2. Log in to remove the advert

Heckingbottom out.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    20 pager
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    **** the Hearts

@hibs.net private member
    Fill in the corners.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    F$$k...wrong forum. Apologies
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Find it mental people pay that much money up front for a car that you then need to service, MOT then return back. Crazy.

Mercedes charged our manager for having rust inside his alloy wheel. How the **** that was his fault i've no idea. £700 they took. Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Find it mental people pay that much money up front for a car that you then need to service, MOT then return back. Crazy.

Mercedes charged our manager for having rust inside his alloy wheel. How the **** that was his fault i've no idea. £700 they took. Insane.
    They want the car returned in showroom condition, best thing to do is leave them with all their cars in the showroom.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    They want the car returned in showroom condition, best thing to do is leave them with all their cars in the showroom.
    That's why leasing is a non-starter for me. My office is in the same building as a jobcenter so there's a huge amount of coming and going in the car park, thus my car doors look like an orange band's bass drum skin at the end of the marching season.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    That's why leasing is a non-starter for me. My office is in the same building as a jobcenter so there's a huge amount of coming and going in the car park, thus my car doors look like an orange band's bass drum skin at the end of the marching season.
    One of the reasons I park strategically across two spaces in car parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    I generally buy a 3-5 year old car with a full service history. Keep for 5 years then move on. If someone scratches it or i curb the alloy no big deal by the time its 8-10 years old you'll expect this.

PCP is another con. But still it allows pretentious people to drive newer cars and somehow the newer your regy plate the higher up in society you allegedly are (not talking about the OP's daughter BTW)

Worst thing is they charge you for the damage then stick it through the auction without doing it.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I generally buy a 3-5 year old car with a full service history. Keep for 5 years then move on. If someone scratches it or i curb the alloy no big deal by the time its 8-10 years old you'll expect this.

PCP is another con. But still it allows pretentious people to drive newer cars and somehow the newer your regy plate the higher up in society you allegedly are (not talking about the OP's daughter BTW)
    I've never used PCP, but that's a ridiculous thing to say. It's hugely insulting to millions of ordinary folk and yes, you have insulted the OPs daughter with that sweeping statement.

People are entitled to spend their money on whatever pleasures they choose, and taking delivery of a brand new car is a very exciting and enjoyable experience.

They also get to drive the latest model which looks better than its predecessors, they can spec the car exactly as they want and it has all the latest technologies and safety features. They're usually more efficient and a 3 year warranty is great peace of mind.

If those "pretentious people" didn't buy new cars, you wouldn't be able to buy your 5 year old run around.

The only benefit of buying someone else's cast off is that it's cheaper, but FSH or not, you never really know what you're getting.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Worst thing is they charge you for the damage then stick it through the auction without doing it.
    That's because the value of the vehicle is less than if it was pristine.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I've never used PCP, but that's a ridiculous thing to say. It's hugely insulting to millions of ordinary folk and yes, you have insulted the OPs daughter with that sweeping statement.

People are entitled to spend their money on whatever pleasures they choose, and taking delivery of a brand new car is a very exciting and enjoyable experience.

They also get to drive the latest model which looks better than its predecessors, they can spec the car exactly as they want and it has all the latest technologies and safety features. They're usually more efficient and a 3 year warranty is great peace of mind.

If those "pretentious people" didn't buy new cars, you wouldn't be able to buy your 5 year old run around.

The only benefit of buying someone else's cast off is that it's cheaper, but FSH or not, you never really know what you're getting.
    It's valid though. Aimed at the fanny's who'll pay £320 a month for an Audi A1 that the dealer has stuck a bow over and they can video the whole "experience" for their instagram.

You don't know what you're getting but I had a brand new Jag XE as a company car for 3 years and it was in the garage 7 times. Gave me more hassle than a Kia Cee'd before that!

My current car is hardly a run-around, its a 4 year old 520d 'Luxury model' BMW, very well spec'd - costs me £251 a month (bank loan). A brand new one would be what, £500 a month with probably £2k upfront, with limited miles and service plan on top of that. Insane unless its a business car or your loaded but lots of people do it for that I believe is snobbery reasons, similar to those who put on private number plates to hide the fact their Golf GTD is 5 years old.

Like you say dunno why i'm moaning - suppose it gives me the chance to pick up alot of car for not alot of money

It's valid though. Aimed at the fanny's who'll pay £320 a month for an Audi A1 that the dealer has stuck a bow over and they can video the whole "experience" for their instagram.

You don't know what you're getting but I had a brand new Jag XE as a company car for 3 years and it was in the garage 7 times. Gave me more hassle than a Kia Cee'd before that!

My current car is hardly a run-around, its a 4 year old 520d 'Luxury model' BMW, very well spec'd - costs me £251 a month (bank loan). A brand new one would be what, £500 a month with probably £2k upfront, with limited miles and service plan on top of that. Insane unless its a business car or your loaded but lots of people do it for that I believe is snobbery reasons, similar to those who put on private number plates to hide the fact their Golf GTD is 5 years old.

Like you say dunno why i'm moaning - suppose it gives me the chance to pick up alot of car for not alot of money
    I've nothing against buying used cars. It makes sense in a number of ways.

My preference is pre-reg if it's available. I posted how much I saved on my 435D on this thread already, but I have bought brand new in the past too. Ironically, I returned the brand new one within the 30 day period because it had multiple faults. You might not be surprised to learn that was a Discovery Sport. Steer clear!

More recently, I bought a used Porsche Boxster for summer top down fun, but I also returned that after 2 weeks because it was blowing oily smoke at ignition. It was a 2008 car so I didn't expect perfection, but that was too worrying.

I helped my mate's laddie buy a Corsa on PCP. He didn't have a huge deposit but needed a car he could rely on to get him from Edinburgh to his work in Bathgate 5 days a week and he didn't want to risk second hand. OCP was a great option for him and he's now on his second deal.

Sure it costs more, but there are real advantages. I don't know if it's snobbery though. I more think that it's a bit like why people wear branded clothing or buy anything expensive. Or indeed, driving a car with the Bavarian State colours in its badge. There's an innate pleasure in doing so.

@hibs.net private member

Very well said.

I used PCP on my Golf GTi to take the advantage of a further deposit contribution. I had the money in the bank so phoned vw finance the following day and paid it off with about a fiver interest!

I

I used PCP on my Golf GTi to take the advantage of a further deposit contribution. I had the money in the bank so phoned vw finance the following day and paid it off with about a fiver interest!

I
    Well done!

I didn't even know that was possible.

I bought the Discovery with part loan or PCP because the salesman advised that I'd get a contribution, but I thought he said I had to wait a year or something.

Edit: I just researched it and, you're right, there's no minimum time period. I'll be keeping this as an option in future.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 18-09-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Well done!

I didn't even know that was possible.

I bought the Discovery with part loan or PCP because the salesman advised that I'd get a contribution, but I thought he said I had to wait a year or something.

Edit: I just researched it and, you're right, there's no minimum time period. I'll be keeping this as an option in future.
    Yeah know a couple of people who have done it. Even kept the 2 free services I got along with it!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Load if rubbish,my wife and I both have cars on pcp and definitely not pretentious, suits us doing it this way, and just to confirm my wife does have an audi A1 as per you other rubbish post.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Load if rubbish,my wife and I both have cars on pcp and definitely not pretentious, suits us doing it this way, and just to confirm my wife does have an audi A1 as per you other rubbish post.
    Agreed. PCP is also a lifestyle choice, it can keep the monthly repayments down quite dramatically as well. For example on finance my car would have been £350pcm, I took it on PCP for £260, suited me perfectly at the time.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I’m due to renew in 18 months, so will revisit this thread nearer for advice

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

I
    Just to be clear here.. you "bought the car" on PCP, the dealer gave you a deposit contribution (presumably 3k or so) and then the day after you paid the full value of the car and now own it outright? How much did you roughly save on the OTR price by doing that if you don't mind me asking? Sounds too simple to be true

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Just to be clear here.. you "bought the car" on PCP, the dealer gave you a deposit contribution (presumably 3k or so) and then the day after you paid the full value of the car and now own it outright? How much did you roughly save on the OTR price by doing that if you don't mind me asking? Sounds too simple to be true
    Yep think I saved about 1.2k extra taking out the PCP.

Just checked....

Car was about 33k
    Discount was around 5.5k but I got an extra 1k if I took the finance.

Got the car on a Saturday paid it off Monday morning!
    Last edited by patch1875; 19-09-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Yep think I saved about 1.2k extra taking out the PCP.

Need to keep that in mind next time I'm getting a new car. Cheers.

Used a company called drive the deal to get the best price local dealer couldn’t/wouldn’t get near it.

Used a company called drive the deal to get the best price local dealer couldn’t/wouldn’t get near it.
    They're good. Do try brokers4cars too.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar

For what it's worth, I bought a brand new car 2 years back.
    I was fully intent to buy with cash but was convinced to take in a portion with HP and that attracted a manufacturer's contribution of £3K. I questioned the salesman as I was always wary of a catch but it was straight up. The day after I called up and paid off the balance of the HP.
    Basically, I got a £3K manufacturers contribution for zero on an already heavily discounted car.

@hibs.net private member
    I had a brand new Avensis which broke down after 10 miles, with 38 miles on the clock.

When it was repaired the invoice showed 380 miles. Crooks!