hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sportsound

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The possession stats may say it was even, but until the 70th minute the majority of the game was played in Killi's half. You can control the possession without actually having possession.
    You can have the ball without actually having the ball
    Grasshopper when you can snatch the pebble from my hand etc
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 17-09-2019 at 06:32 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    should we simply look at the result then? can’t we analyse the different periods of the game?

This was responding to Ferguson in Sportsound saying we played relatively well for an hour a I tend to agree . He also said without a real cutting edge - something I suspect we all agree on
    Of course we can analyse parts of the game I am saying we have a thread now based on us playing well for 45 mins. It is incredibly disappointing for me we are at this stage of proceedings.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Of course we can analyse parts of the game I am saying we have a thread now based on us playing well for 45 mins. It is incredibly disappointing for me we are at this stage of proceedings.
    Some people who weren’t at the game will be surprised by Fergusons view ...That is why it has turned into a thread I suspect ....take your overall point though - it’s not a reason for sunshine on leith to be played ...

Left by mutual consent!
    Some people who weren’t at the game will be surprised by Fergusons view ...That is why it has turned into a thread I suspect ....take your overall point though - it’s not a reason for sunshine on leith to be played ...
    I enjoyed that remark BW.

I wasn't at the game but reading some posts on here afterwards it sounded like we were abysmal. Total contrast to what Ferguson was saying. Just surprised me a bit. Small chink of light if nothing else.

I felt Ferguson was spot on ...if we had got the first goal, I suspect we would have gone on and won the game ..

there was little wrong with our first half performance...
    A "neutral" mate of mine came to Fenlon's last game against Hearts.

We started that game very well, didn't play all that badly throughout and were sucker punched by a cracking Ryan Stevenson strike.

He was loving our play during the first half and said to me "I thought you said your lot were *****?"

Worryingly, a feature of our worst teams has been starting games fine but not scoring when on top, then going on to lose.

When Broadfoot left Kilmarnock recently he was moaning like **** that the Italian manager worked day after day on the team shape instead of having them working hard on their fitness.
    Looking at Saturdays game is that now paying off i.e. although Kilmarnock didn't have much of the ball we couldn't lay a glove on them then when we made a mistake they sprung the trap and scored their 2nd goal. It was a bit like when you used to watch Scottish teams playing in Europe. Lots of the ball but inevitably put to the sword in the end by wily opponents.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    We didn’t create any chances but apart from that it was great I suppose 👀
    Mallan free kick, Vela volley, Horgan shot tipped over the bar, Flo fluffed a chance early on. Apart from that nothing.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Mallan free kick, Vela volley, Horgan shot tipped over the bar, Flo fluffed a chance early on. Apart from that nothing.

I would class that as a chance created, Vela was unlucky and Horgan shot was an easy save imo. Anyway we didn't do anywhere near enough on the day. A bad habit of ours unfortunately.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    It looks to me like the big difference between this year and last is that Stevie Mallan has not produced that early run of spectacular goals we saw last season. It was his goals that mattered this time last year while our preferred option strikers largely failed to deliver. Whether keepers are wiser to him or not we couldn’t half use a few of his crackers right now.

A free kick from outside the box and that Horgan shot are not chances. Vela’s was a decent chance to be fair but came from sloppy defending as much as anything else.

I don’t have the stats but if you looked at the xG (expected goals) for the game I’m pretty certain Hibs would be less than 1. Meaning we did not create any good chances.

We simply do not have any pattern of play currently. We’re not very good at set pieces either. It’s not good.

Left by mutual consent!
    Maybe we will play well for 60 mins, get some corners. Exciting times.

Maybe we will play well for 60 mins, get some corners. Exciting times.
    I am really looking forward to it too

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    It looks to me like the big difference between this year and last is that Stevie Mallan has not produced that early run of spectacular goals we saw last season. It was his goals that mattered this time last year while our preferred option strikers largely failed to deliver. Whether keepers are wiser to him or not we couldn’t half use a few of his crackers right now.
    This is pretty much spot on IMO

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ko Ko Joe View Post
    This is pretty much spot on IMO

He's being played too deep to have any influence on the attacking 3rd, this us what happens when you don't bring in an energetic defensive midfielder and try to shoehorn another player in, total imbalance.

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He's being played too deep to have any influence on the attacking 3rd, this us what happens when you don't bring in an energetic defensive midfielder and try to shoehorn another player in, total imbalance.
    This is also pretty much spot on