hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should never have got the job in the first place..

As it says.

Couldn’t agree a deal with Appleton so settled for this imposter.

Any Hibs fan that seriously thinks this man will come good needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

I’m all for positivity but you happy clappers are doing the club more harm thinking this clown will come good.

Ms Dempster - sort it out or do the honourable thing and go aswell.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Love to know how fans thinking or hoping he will turn it around are doing the club more harm. You “told you so” folk come out with some ******, give it a rest eh.

I seriously don’t know of one Hibs fan who thinks he’ll come good. They’re clearly in the minority now and Dempster would do well to listen to the majority.

She won’t sack him before next week but a defeat against a hearts team who also can’t buy a win and he has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenCurryYLT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As it says.

Any Hibs fan that seriously thinks this man will come good needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

I’m all for positivity but you happy clappers are doing the club more harm thinking this clown will come good.

How are people on a message board who want the current incumbent to turn things around doing the actual football club "more harm than good"

I personally think he's a dead man walking, but no need to be such a high and mighty torn faced disaster.

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    As it says.

“More harm to the club”. Brilliant stuff. So now a tiny minority of fans who would like the manager to turn it around are the ones making key management decisions. Wtf.

Opinions are obviously what make a forum interesting but when we are at a low point with things not going the way we want it we sure post an absolute lot of crap.

He needs to go

Given almost 96% of people who responded to a poll on this forum are agreed he should go this seems very much a case of preaching to the converted.

I don't think you'll find many 'happy clappers' here right now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

As it says.

So whats your plans then, apart from sticking the boot into fellow fans on here ? Ive read most of the threads on this forum and Im struggling to see much, if any support for Heckingbottom let alone happy clappers

First Team Breakthrough biotech's Avatar
    The worrying think is Hecky being interviewed.Totally deflated and looks like he’s given up. No wonder players aren’t motivated!

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    The fans reallly need to stick together right now. We cannot let a poor managerial appointment ruin what we have grown into recently.. We need to stick together and demand change in manager and a move back to the structure that served us so well for a good few seasons

Bet you weren't saying that when Horgan scored his 2nd at Tynecastle.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    As it says.

I think PH is the wrong man and needs to go, but this post is awful.

Stop having a go at the fans, who bear zero responsibility for this debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Bet you weren't saying that when Horgan scored his 2nd at Tynecastle.
    Aye but what about the five months of pish thereafter?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Aye but what about the five months of pish thereafter?
    Yeah exactly. He should be punted now, that doesn't mean he wasn't a good candidate and started excellently.

Let a gem in Omengua slip away by using funds on mediocrity (at best ). Jim Duffy all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Yeah exactly. He should be punted now, that doesn't mean he wasn't a good candidate and started excellently.
    The fact he needs punted after seven months surely shows he wasn’t a good candidate does it not?

As it says.

Did you say that at the time he was appointed or you just jumping on the wagon to stick the boot into the club?

He turned around a team in freefall and not performing for Lennon (was he a clown and imposter at that point too?) last year, he deserved a chance but it isn't working out which is a shame but that's football!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    With hindsight it's clear he shouldn't have been appointed. He had an uphill battle to win over the support from the start, being a relative unknown taking over from a big name. I was very uncertain about him, but was willing to give him a chance of course. However, it just isn't working. After a bright start it's all gone to pieces with alarming speed and it's difficult to see a way back now; the trust has gone.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The fact he needs punted after seven months surely shows he wasn’t a good candidate does it not?
    No it does not, he might have failed but that does not mean that he wasn’t a decent candidate for the job during the application process. No one can predict the future, it happens in all walks of life.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    LD wanted safe and secure after Lennon.

This guy comes along with his sports degree, laptop and ‘modern outlook’ and she fell for it big time.

A quick glance at how it worked out for Hearts under Cathro should have been enough.

We need to ditch the nicey nice stuff that she’s been trying to instil in the club and develop a nasty streak.

Her and Budge are on their own wee missions to try and help the community or whatever it is they do.

It’s no wonder we’re both struggling when neither is focussed on the first team.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Let a gem in Omengua slip away by using funds on mediocrity (at best ). Jim Duffy all over again.
    Yes the Omeonga situation pretty much sums up why we are where we are. By all accounts he wanted to come back and if that's the case then it's inexplicable we didn't pay the required money to get him. We paid the money for his 1st loan so presumably it was within our budget to sign him again.

Instead we risked crazy money on players from the lower English leagues where there was always going to be question marks on their ability.

A complete balls up by the Club in pre season which will take a long time to recover from.

The folk on here who are defending Heckingbottom with, he needs time, he’ll sort it, are quite entitled to their opinion as we all are.
    I’ve been supporting Hibs now for a few decades and have picked up this canny feeling regarding who’s going to be a good,decent or useless manager and in this manager I’m afraid it’s the latter.
    We do not even have a settled team yet and I know we’ve had a few injuries to contend with but there’s only one of his signings that’s been injured and that’s James.
    The man simply can’t hack it and it’s glaringly obvious, it’s also glaringly obvious that unless we change managers now we are relegation candidates because this team have no confidence, no motivation, no sense of team spirit, no fight and most importantly, no leadership on the Park. He gets rid of Milligan and Bartley who at least had a bit of grit and determination even although not for the full ninety minutes but a half a piece would be better than what we’ve got.
    It’s time to face the truth and bite the bullet before it’s too late.

Promising Youngster turn and burn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    With hindsight it's clear he shouldn't have been appointed. He had an uphill battle to win over the support from the start, being a relative unknown taking over from a big name. I was very uncertain about him, but was willing to give him a chance of course. However, it just isn't working. After a bright start it's all gone to pieces with alarming speed and it's difficult to see a way back now; the trust has gone.
    Did he have an uphill battle to win over the support? Genuine question - I hadn't heard of him but liked most of what he was promising, so I quite happy. Maybe it was more about Appleton seemingly rejecting us that soured the atmosphere a little?

Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    The folk on here who are defending Heckingbottom with, he needs time, he’ll sort it, are quite entitled to their opinion as we all are.
    I’ve been supporting Hibs now for a few decades and have picked up this canny feeling regarding who’s going to be a good,decent or useless manager and in this manager I’m afraid it’s the latter.
    We do not even have a settled team yet and I know we’ve had a few injuries to contend with but there’s only one of his signings that’s been injured and that’s James.
    The man simply can’t hack it and it’s glaringly obvious, it’s also glaringly obvious that unless we change managers now we are relegation candidates because this team have no confidence, no motivation, no sense of team spirit, no fight and most importantly, no leadership on the Park. He gets rid of Milligan and Bartley who at least had a bit of grit and determination even although not for the full ninety minutes but a half a piece would be better than what we’ve got.
    It’s time to face the truth and bite the bullet before it’s too late.
    The warning signs were there with his team selections in the league cup group stages and his bizarre post match interviews. Add to that a failure to address the glaring deficiencies in our midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by turn and burn View Post
    Did he have an uphill battle to win over the support? Genuine question - I hadn't heard of him but liked most of what he was promising, so I quite happy. Maybe it was more about Appleton seemingly rejecting us that soured the atmosphere a little?
    Most fans I spoke to (myself included) were ambivalent about the appointment, had their doubts, but were willing to get give him a chance. I felt he had a lot to prove and would need to win over the fans quickly, which he did for about five games. I did think he'd quickly be under pressure if form dipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    No it does not, he might have failed but that does not mean that he wasn’t a decent candidate for the job during the application process. No one can predict the future, it happens in all walks of life.
    We’re seven months down the line and all we hear from him is about how different it is up here.

He’s talked the talk but can’t walk the walk. Not the right guy. Not the right candidate. Dempster and Craig got it wrong and need to sort it. Now.

Promising Youngster turn and burn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Most fans I spoke to (myself included) were ambivalent about the appointment, had their doubts, but were willing to get give him a chance. I felt he had a lot to prove and would need to win over the fans quickly, which he did for about five games. I did think he'd quickly be under pressure if form dipped.
    Form dipping and absolutely no sign of any of his promises coming to light, deserved pressure

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

This guy comes along with his sports degree, laptop and ‘modern outlook’ and she fell for it big time.

A quick glance at how it worked out for Hearts under Cathro should have been enough.

We need to ditch the nicey nice stuff that she’s been trying to instil in the club and develop a nasty streak.

Her and Budge are on their own wee missions to try and help the community or whatever it is they do.

It’s no wonder we’re both struggling when neither is focussed on the first team.
    Agree with this. They’re forgetting what is important and seem happy to revert to being the Hibs that we’ve been for most of our days. We’ve had a brilliant opportunity with the number of people coming through the door and we’re going to lose that.

It not to late to fix it but I don’t think they have the bottle to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by turn and burn View Post
    Form dipping and absolutely no sign of any of his promises coming to light, deserved pressure
    Yes, it's all gone south very quickly after a promising first few games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Yes the Omeonga situation pretty much sums up why we are where we are. By all accounts he wanted to come back and if that's the case then it's inexplicable we didn't pay the required money to get him. We paid the money for his 1st loan so presumably it was within our budget to sign him again.

Instead we risked crazy money on players from the lower English leagues where there was always going to be question marks on their ability.

A complete balls up by the Club in pre season which will take a long time to recover from.
    It won't take a long time, it will take 2 good windows.

Neymar wanted to join Barcelona this summer but they didn't get him. Almost as if transfers aren't that simple at all. Are there any quotes from Omeonga saying he wants to return? Nothing to really suggest it was actually possible so really bizarre to hold this against the club. A Belgian u21 international with Serie a experience was never joining permanently, honestly you'd have to be quiet naive to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Yes, the person who hired Neil Lennon is trying to make us a nice team who doesn't offend anyone. Total rubbish.