hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Must Lose Derby

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not at all. My favourite time being a Hibs fan was under Lennon.

Loved it and wish he was here now. Infinitely better than the imposter that replaced him.
    Did you become a Hibs supporter in the last 2 years?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Not at all. My favourite time being a Hibs fan was under Lennon.

Loved it and wish he was here now. Infinitely better than the imposter that replaced him.

That's absolutely the case.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Did you become a Hibs supporter in the last 2 years?
    Why do you care if I liked Lennon or not?

There’s thousands of us on here, we’re not all going to agree with you so stop with the needless digs eh.

If anyone who calls themselves a Hibs fan seriously wants us to lose on Sunday then they should stay at home.

How anyone can say they hope we lose an Edinburgh Derby is beyond me.

I hope we absolutely pump them on Sunday and yes I do think Heckingbottom should go but this game is about more than the position of the manager.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    If anyone who calls themselves a Hibs fan seriously wants us to lose on Sunday then they should stay at home.

How anyone can say they hope we lose an Edinburgh Derby is beyond me.

I hope we absolutely pump them on Sunday and yes I do think Heckingbottom should go but this game is about more than the position of the manager.
    Have many, if any at all, said that they want us to lose?

Left by mutual consent!
    I’ll be right up for this derby like I am every other. I’ll be praying that the majority of supporters are wrong regards Heckingbottom and that this is the game we all look back on as the turning point.

Anyone remember Fergie’s start to his Manchester United career? 😉💚

Why do you care if I liked Lennon or not?

There’s thousands of us on here, we’re not all going to agree with you so stop with the needless digs eh.
    I don't care in the slightest. I liked him too. Just surprised it was your best time.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Have many, if any at all, said that they want us to lose?
    The original post on this thread states that a loss may be the best result for the greater good. I was simply responding to that suggestion.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I'm negative as **** but I would never want us to lose to Hearts. He's gone either way, a win on Sunday won't save him.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if succession planning is already in process and results in the immediate short term won’t change much, unless there is a dramatic upturn in performance. It’s more than just results, as some of the wins have been less than convincing.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I don't care in the slightest. I liked him too. Just surprised it was your best time.
    We’ve had better teams and I’m not saying he was the best manager we’ve had in my time but I always felt a buzz around ER when he was there.

Now, nothing, just flat, so yeah I’d have him back in a heartbeat.

Back in 1998 we went to tynie in dire form with Duff Jimmy on his way out. We lost 2 early goals and 7-0 looked on the cards. We somewhow got to half time.

McGinley and Walker somehow salvaged a draw and we went home feeling like winners. Duff Jimmy eventually got sacked but the time that derby draw bought him meant there wasnt enough time to stave off relegation.

While I dont want to lose, the fact is that the losing manager is likely to be out of a job allowing time to salvage a season

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Back in 1998 we went to tynie in dire form with Duff Jimmy on his way out. We lost 2 early goals and 7-0 looked on the cards. We somewhow got to half time.

McGinley and Walker somehow salvaged a draw and we went home feeling like winners. Duff Jimmy eventually got sacked but the time that derby draw bought him meant there wasnt enough time to stave off relegation.

While I dont want to lose, the fact is that the losing manager is likely to be out of a job allowing time to salvage a season
    Remember it well. That Hearts team almost won the league. I like to think those dropped points and us beating them at ER under McLeish stopped that from happening

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The majority want him gone. I think most wouldve wanted him gone this week before the derby but i just cant see us doing anything until the international break next month. Until then we have

Hearts H
    Killie A
    Celtic H
    Aberdeen A

The only game i can realistically see us having a chance of winning is the derby. The others we have no chance in imo. I would be gobsmacked if hes here after those games. Whether or not the board leaving it till after that is too late is up for debate. For me it is. We are currently letting the season slip away into yet another boring season. Change now and at least try and inject some kind of enthusiasm around the place.
    Timing is everything.

I'd give Heckingbottom the derby and league cup game, then fire him. The Celtc and Aberdeen games are a write off based on our current lack of form.

That gives us a couple of weeks to find the new manager who then has the international break to work with the players and possibly sign an out of contract defensive midfielder.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Correct. Having said that I suspect that if we did lose this one it might have quite a big silver lining...
    And is that not the real suggestion of The O.P?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Timing is everything.

I'd give Heckingbottom the derby and league cup game, then fire him. The Celtc and Aberdeen games are a write off based on our current lack of form.

That gives us a couple of weeks to find the new manager who then has the international break to work with the players and possibly sign an out of contract defensive midfielder.
    That’s assuming we lose or draw or a bit of both in the next two games.

How about getting behind the HC and stop talking about him being punted? We’re all Hibs and all that *****.

Never want Hibs to lose but still shudder at the impact that 2-2 at Tynie had all those years ago. Yes, it felt good to come back from 2 down at HT but 100% led to us getting relegated. At HT, Duff Jimmy was gone, history, finito. That fightback saved him and consigned the club to 2nd tier football - a high price to pay. If you could turn back time, I'd happily taken a 2-0 or 2-1 defeat.

This situation has a similar feel about it. PH looks just as clueless and uninspiring as Duff Jimmy and our Board look as though they're praying for a result or two to save them from admitting their mistake and sacking him.

The only positive today is that Levein thinks he can turn things around - or at least that's what he's telling himself. We should all be getting behind Levein.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Never want Hibs to lose but still shudder at the impact that 2-2 at Tynie had all those years ago. Yes, it felt good to come back from 2 down at HT but 100% led to us getting relegated. At HT, Duff Jimmy was gone, history, finito. That fightback saved him and consigned the club to 2nd tier football - a high price to pay. If you could turn back time, I'd happily taken a 2-0 or 2-1 defeat.

This situation has a similar feel about it. PH looks just as clueless and uninspiring as Duff Jimmy and our Board look as though they're praying for a result or two to save them from admitting their mistake and sacking him.

The only positive today is that Levein thinks he can turn things around - or at least that's what he's telling himself. We should all be getting behind Levein.

My version of that was under Williamson. I seem to remember playing Montrose at ER in a Cup game and winning 10-0 after a shocking run. Everyone I was with was delighted and all I could think was '****, that's bought him ages and this is going to be murder the whole time'.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    And is that not the real suggestion of The O.P?
    I guess so and he's got a point. You want to win but you also fear the consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    That’s assuming we lose or draw or a bit of both in the next two games.

How about getting behind the HC and stop talking about him being punted? We’re all Hibs and all that *****.
    I'm 100% in support of Hibs, but that doesn't mean I have to blindly support individual players or the current manager if I don't feel that their contribution is of sufficient benefit to Hibs.

In Heckingbottom's case, I believe he is trying his best but neither the performances nor results provide enough evidence for me to back him as well as Hibs.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I'm 100% in support of Hibs, but that doesn't mean I have to blindly support individual players or the current manager if I don't feel that their contribution is of sufficient benefit to Hibs.

In Heckingbottom's case, I believe he is trying his best but neither the performances nor results provide enough evidence for me to back him as well as Hibs.
    Me too. Let it be until next week though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me if succession planning is already in process and results in the immediate short term won’t change much, unless there is a dramatic upturn in performance. It’s more than just results, as some of the wins have been less than convincing.
    Would be amazed if this wasn't the case.

First Team Breakthrough
    Complete loser mentality from a select few on here. A derby win should be enough to kickstart the season.

Left by mutual consent!
    If we lose on Sunday he has to go, the atmosphere around Easter Road would be absolute vermin on match days otherwise. A win on Sunday I think would give him the opportunity to turn things around until the International break, leaving him with a cup game and two tough fixtures against Celtic and Aberdeen to turn things round.