hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: HIBERNIAN FC GOLF DAY 2019 | PLACES AVAILABLE NOW!

2. Log in to remove the advert

£250

no doubt they will get the 54 players requirements but dear oh dear.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'm not a gowfer but i think that's quite reasonable

can the club not have Domino Championships :)

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £250

no doubt they will get the 54 players requirements but dear oh dear.
    £250 for that is not to bad

The one day Archerfield 'members experience' is £200 midweek or £220 at the weekend. With that in mind £250 seems fair for what's on offer.

The price of golf in general and the part that plays in falling participation is another debate altogether. What Hibs are charging here is about the going rate.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

For comparison Keegan Jacobs at livingstons testimonial golf day at kingsknowe a course nowhere near the level of archerfield is circa £240 depending on your package. All in all to play archerfield have the exposure to the squad, meal etc etc £250 is very reasonable. I got to play down there through work a few months back and would encourage anyone who loves golf and can afford it to attend the day, top class facilities

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    30th September ? Maybe that's why they haven't sacked him........yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i'm not a gowfer but i think that's quite reasonable

can the club not have Domino Championships :)
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    £250 for that is not to bad
    I have some very reasonably priced magic beans for sale of you are interested

Is it £250? It was only £150 a couple of years ago when I played. And I’m sure the mood of the fans was a lot better then!

The link only takes you to a list of stories and I can’t find the golf one to get any details. It’s a good day so would be keen to play but not at £250.

Quote Originally Posted by Heckys Wheel View Post
    Is it £250? It was only £150 a couple of years ago when I played. And I’m sure the mood of the fans was a lot better then!

The link only takes you to a list of stories and I can’t find the golf one to get any details. It’s a good day so would be keen to play but not at £250.
    £695 for three players of £250 for each single player.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckys Wheel View Post

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10265
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    👍🏼

Wow, that’s quite a mark up in the space of a couple of years. Especially considering the mood of the fans right now.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It would be a great experience, and as a keen golfer I’d love to play in the event, but £250 is outwith my budget for a day’s golf, even if it is reasonably priced for the event that it is. Like all corporate events, they’re not really aimed at folks with lighter wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It would be a great experience, and as a keen golfer I’d love to play in the event, but £250 is outwith my budget for a day’s golf, even if it is reasonably priced for the event that it is. Like all corporate events, they’re not really aimed at folks with lighter wallets.
    Trust me it ain't reasonably priced Hibs will be making about £80 - £100 profit on each player whilst getting a good free day out for the golfers in the squad.
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 17-09-2019 at 08:50 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Trust me it ain't reasonably priced Hibs will be making about £80 - £100 profit on each player whilst getting a good free day out for the golfers in the squad.
    You do realise it is also about generating some funds though don’t you ? What is wrong with making some money to play with the players ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    You do realise it is also about generating some funds though don’t you ? What is wrong with making some money to play with the players ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Absolutely nothing, however as others have pointed out a 40% in crease in cost does not really seem reasonable. As I said I am sure they will easily get 54 folk to pony up.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Absolutely nothing, however as others have pointed out a 40% in crease in cost does not really seem reasonable. As I said I am sure they will easily get 54 folk to pony up.
    Again it is not a bad price, I go to quite a few golf days out through work and pay over £100 for them and the courses are no where near the quality of archerfield

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    What we don't know is the amount that Archerfield are charging Hibs for use of the Course and catering facilities. It's perfectly feasible that Archerfield's costs have also increased and they have passed them on to visiting parties/golfers.

As others have said, Archerfield is a quality venue and I don't think £250 is unreasonable given what is on offer.

One of those evil businesses that attempts to make profit

First Team Breakthrough
    The reason it is more expensive is the time of year it is on this year, it's been in October and November dates the last 3 years so it will not have been as expensive to hire the course out for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    What we don't know is the amount that Archerfield are charging Hibs for use of the Course and catering facilities. It's perfectly feasible that Archerfield's costs have also increased and they have passed them on to visiting parties/golfers.

As others have said, Archerfield is a quality venue and I don't think £250 is unreasonable given what is on offer.
    I played Archerfield two weeks ago it was a freebie but I am told it is £120 for a round of golf.

I am getting a deal to play the first week in November, Bacon roll, round of golf and 3 course meal for £70 I don't know if that is being subsidised as my mate is organising this with his local.

First Team Breakthrough
    I liked the updates from the event in previous years. Was there anything from this year's one?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I played Archerfield two weeks ago it was a freebie but I am told it is £120 for a round of golf.

I am getting a deal to play the first week in November, Bacon roll, round of golf and 3 course meal for £70 I don't know if that is being subsidised as my mate is organising this with his local.
    I really don't know then. If you Google it, I see there is a figure of £200 quoted as a green fee and that was in 2016.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright_Hibee View Post
    I liked the updates from the event in previous years. Was there anything from this year's one?
    Club cancelled it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Club cancelled it.
    That's a shame. Was there an announcement about it saying why it was cancelled?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    I have some very reasonably priced magic beans for sale of you are interested

i take enough medication as it is ta :(

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright_Hibee View Post
    That's a shame. Was there an announcement about it saying why it was cancelled?
    Nope, just an email to the guys who had taken a team to say it’s cancelled until the spring.