hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby dot count

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can’t get my head around any season ticket holder deciding not to bother turning up for a game against they ****s. Obviously there’ll be a few who genuinely can’t make it but deciding not to go because of “nah”? Nah.
    Thats what Paul Heckinbotham has done to us, bored us into submission

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I can’t get my head around any season ticket holder deciding not to bother turning up for a game against they ****s. Obviously there’ll be a few who genuinely can’t make it but deciding not to go because of “nah”? Nah.

I can just about understand it when they had a far superior team to us, but on this occasion we're both **** hence a 50/50 game. People just like to moan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

I can just about understand it when they had a far superior team to us, but on this occasion we're both **** hence a 50/50 game. People just like to moan.
    A lot of folk simply feel that £32 to watch such a poor standard of football simply isn't worth it. When you factor in perhaps taking a couple of kids along the cost becomes prohibitive and many will feel there are more worthwhile ways to spend their money. If it was clear we were good enough to win the game then a few more might think it was worth taking a punt on but let's face it, will anyone be shocked if we end up losing?

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    A lot of folk simply feel that £32 to watch such a poor standard of football simply isn't worth it. When you factor in perhaps taking a couple of kids along the cost becomes prohibitive and many will feel there are more worthwhile ways to spend their money. If it was clear we were good enough to win the game then a few more might think it was worth taking a punt on but let's face it, will anyone be shocked if we end up losing?
    Nearly all the tickets are gone so the £32 isn’t that much of an issue. Despite this the number of empty seats in our end will probably stretch in to four figures. What people are asking is, why have a ticket and still no go?

That's not what people are talking about though.

We're talking about season ticket holders just deciding not to bother going and yes, I'll be shocked if we lose. The reason being that hearts are guff. Seriously guff.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

We're talking about season ticket holders just deciding not to bother going and yes, I'll be shocked if we lose. The reason being that hearts are guff. Seriously guff.
    If you have a season ticket you must have a passion for the club and try and lift the team. Can't understand why you would not go. Maybe some the recent converts to season ticket holders could explain their thinking. During the 22 in a row still went to the derbies and games. Maybe social media is magnifying the negativity and moaners. In the 80s you only met them occasionally - a taxi driver or in on a pub. You hung out with people who went to the games and loved Hibs and always had hope of better days.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    If you have a season ticket you must have a passion for the club and try and lift the team. Can't understand why you would not go. Maybe some the recent converts to season ticket holders could explain their thinking. During the 22 in a row still went to the derbies and games. Maybe social media is magnifying the negativity and moaners. In the 80s you only met them occasionally - a taxi driver or in on a pub. You hung out with people who went to the games and loved Hibs and always had hope of better days.
    Social media 100% has an impact. I don't think some people realise the constant negativity works its way to the ground. Its weird though, non of my mates are anywhere near as negative as people on here or FB etc.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Nearly all the tickets are gone so the £32 isn’t that much of an issue. Despite this the number of empty seats in our end will probably stretch in to four figures. What people are asking is, why have a ticket and still no go?
    It’s nothing new folk having a ticket but deciding not to go. I’ve a season ticket and have chosen to do other things with my afternoon rather then go to the Hibs game before.

I’ll go on Sunday but there’s the temptation to do something with my daughter instead. It’s two poor sides in what will be a turgid low quality game. The bragging rights will be enjoyable should we win but the 90 minutes itself will likely be a chore.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

If I had a season ticket my thinking about Sunday would likely be as follows:

• I've made my commitment to the club clear by investing in a season ticket so I've effectively already paid for Sunday's game
    • On current form I get no enjoyment from watching Hibs and the prospect of attending on Sunday would feel like a chore rather than a pleasure
    • I will therefore choose to do something more enjoyable with my Sunday

Speaking as an older supporter, I am beyond the days of attending through thick and thin in the belief it made me a better fan. Circumstances dictate that I can't go every week even if I wanted to, but the bottom line for me is that I just don't enjoy it at present. Hearts may be seriously guff, but there's no evidence that we're capable of beating anyone at the moment and I just haven't got the willpower/mental stamina, call it what you will, to sit through what is likely to be a turgid derby in the hope that we might take something from it.

If you have decided not to go, then please let someone else use your season ticket... empty seats and gulls a scourge on our club👍

• I've made my commitment to the club clear by investing in a season ticket so I've effectively already paid for Sunday's game
    • On current form I get no enjoyment from watching Hibs and the prospect of attending on Sunday would feel like a chore rather than a pleasure

Speaking as an older supporter, I am beyond the days of attending through thick and thin in the belief it made me a better fan. Circumstances dictate that I can't go every week even if I wanted to, but the bottom line for me is that I just don't enjoy it at present. Hearts may be seriously guff, but there's no evidence that we're capable of beating anyone at the moment and I just haven't got the willpower/mental stamina, call it what you will, to sit through what is likely to be a turgid derby in the hope that we might take something from it.
    A rousing motivational speech.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Really cant understand having a ticket for a derby against a dog**** Hearts side with their fans and team in utter turmoil and deciding not to go. Baffling.

Derby games are more or less seperate entities and if you support a team who’ll win very little it’s really what makes you tick as a fan.

Not every derby in the world is a sell-out but I wonder how many have ever seen fans declaring on the internet that although they have a bought and paid for ticket that they can’t motivate themselves to go?

Each to their own but to outsiders looking in it must make interesting reading. They used to beat us constantly but the fans used to at least turn up hoping. You’d think we’d been awful for 20 years as opposed to a few months the way folk are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Derby games are more or less seperate entities and if you support a team who’ll win very little it’s really what makes you tick as a fan.

Not every derby in the world is a sell-out but I wonder how many have ever seen fans declaring on the internet that although they have a bought and paid for ticket that they can’t motivate themselves to go?

Each to their own but to outsiders looking in it must make interesting reading. They used to beat us constantly but the fans used to at least turn up hoping. You’d think we’d been awful for 20 years as opposed to a few months the way folk are going on.
    I think its moving back to the dark days that many are struggling to accept. Many seem to completely have the hump with Hibs and everything associated with it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    One for the dressing room wall

I agree totally with this, not the part about attending as I still look forward to doing that, but it is your, and definitely a few more, choice and this should be respected.

First Team Breakthrough
    They are probably short of their 5 best players as one yam has said to me, Souttar, Naismith, Washington, Walker and Haring unless some of them make their usual miraculous recovery and even if they did they won't be match fit. We will win this time if Heckingbottom goes two up front. Lets get behind the team and get the last 250 tickets sold because they are *****.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    34 East
    42 West
    11 FF Upper
    71 FF Lower

158 tickets currently available plus 75 (West Lower & FF Upper) executive tickets

Some of the negative nellies that love to post on ticket threads will be slitting their wrists.

Hibs will probably release a few more tickets on the day of the game and they'll say 'see, Ah told you it wouldn't sell out!'

Some more sections sold out now and most that aren’t are single seats only.

I wasn't going to go along but the closer it gets the more i think we'll win and win well so I'll be there. Blind faith? Nope i just think we're better than them.

First Team Regular
    Hardly any left now .. be sold out by tomorrow 16k home fans not bad at all

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    121 non-executive left, and 121 executive left. Not bad. GGTTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Earlydelivery View Post
    Hardly any left now .. be sold out by tomorrow 16k home fans not bad at all
    Will be "sold out" but plenty empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I didnae even know the seats were red yellow blue etc. I know they had poor crowds around then but Erchie Mc Pherson would never mention that
    I remember sitting in the "Govan Brown Rear" when we played Celtc in a cup semi there. Ewwww.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I wasn't going to go along but the closer it gets the more i think we'll win and win well so I'll be there. Blind faith? Nope i just think we're better than them.
    So, like many you only want to turn up if we're winning?

There's too much of that now. Folks now pay to go to the game but expect and feel entitled to watch the team winning. It's pathetic. What you're entitled to when paying for a ticket is to sit in a seat and watch the match. You pay to enter the stadium. Nowt else.

So again, despite the fans being chastised on here so far this season by some people theyre doing their bit and selling out the home end.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    So, like many you only want to turn up if we're winning?

There's too much of that now. Folks now pay to go to the game but expect and feel entitled to watch the team winning. It's pathetic. What you're entitled to when paying for a ticket is to sit in a seat and watch the match. You pay to enter the stadium. Nowt else.
    I remember when it used to be simple. Buy your season ticket and you’ve done your bit to support your club.

Now it’s not good enough to choose not to use your season ticket and spend your time however you want, having already financially backed the club.

It’s even not good enough to use the ticket you have bought and spend your afternoon at Easter road. You now get chastised for attending a game you think you will win.

Wish they would put all of this in the T&C’s.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Its because the Rugby world cup will have started isn't it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Yep not exactly Churchill's lets fight them on the beaches.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I wasn’t looking forward to Sunday because we’re not great right now. I ended up listening to the proclaimers on my iPod earlier and a suggested video came up of the scottish cup final, so I went on it as you do.

I’m now super excited for Sunday. Mon the ****ing hibs