hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby dot count

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep not exactly Churchill's lets fight them on the beaches.

How about...

"Let's fight and make them our Bitches!"

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Only the second game of the season for me so super looking forward to it. The other match was the St Mirren game so Im n a roll

Staying over and derby win definitely makes the beer taste so much better post match.

We'll win on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    How about...

"Let's fight and make them our Bitches!"

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    If I had a season ticket my thinking about Sunday would likely be as follows:

• I've made my commitment to the club clear by investing in a season ticket so I've effectively already paid for Sunday's game
    • On current form I get no enjoyment from watching Hibs and the prospect of attending on Sunday would feel like a chore rather than a pleasure
    • I will therefore choose to do something more enjoyable with my Sunday

Speaking as an older supporter, I am beyond the days of attending through thick and thin in the belief it made me a better fan. Circumstances dictate that I can't go every week even if I wanted to, but the bottom line for me is that I just don't enjoy it at present. Hearts may be seriously guff, but there's no evidence that we're capable of beating anyone at the moment and I just haven't got the willpower/mental stamina, call it what you will, to sit through what is likely to be a turgid derby in the hope that we might take something from it.
    I’ve entered a deep depression reading this.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

• I've made my commitment to the club clear by investing in a season ticket so I've effectively already paid for Sunday's game
    • On current form I get no enjoyment from watching Hibs and the prospect of attending on Sunday would feel like a chore rather than a pleasure

Speaking as an older supporter, I am beyond the days of attending through thick and thin in the belief it made me a better fan. Circumstances dictate that I can't go every week even if I wanted to, but the bottom line for me is that I just don't enjoy it at present. Hearts may be seriously guff, but there's no evidence that we're capable of beating anyone at the moment and I just haven't got the willpower/mental stamina, call it what you will, to sit through what is likely to be a turgid derby in the hope that we might take something from it.
    Also speaking as an older supporter I never go to a derby for the pretty football and it would be difficult to suggest I go to them to enjoy them, I am pretty much a nervous wreck from start to finish. However, even in the ****test of seasons, they are the games with the atmosphere, drama and potential that make them not worth missing.

Your choice but I would urge you to reconsider.

A bath and a toaster is a good combination

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    A bath and a toaster is a good combination
    ****ing hell !!

I'm going out early to get pished and the football will take care of itself. I've no control over it.

Earlier in the week I was as apathetic as I can remember about a Derby. As the week has ticked along and the deeply ingrained arrogance of Hearts fans starts to poke through I find myself getting more up for it. No matter what the situation I would never say a Derby is a 'win win'. We have to beat them every time we play them as far as I'm concerned. If we win and turn the corner then great, if we win and continue to stumble along PH will go sooner rather than later anyway. There is no upside to losing.

For 90 minutes I love the atmosphere that borders on toxic. Football is tribal and the Derby is the epitome of that. Get along, support your team focus on nothing but willing us to beat that mob for 90 minutes.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm going out early to get pished and the football will take care of itself. I've no control over it.

Earlier in the week I was as apathetic as I can remember about a Derby. As the week has ticked along and the deeply ingrained arrogance of Hearts fans starts to poke through I find myself getting more up for it. No matter what the situation I would never say a Derby is a 'win win'. We have to beat them every time we play them as far as I'm concerned. If we win and turn the corner then great, if we win and continue to stumble along PH will go sooner rather than later anyway. There is no upside to losing.

For 90 minutes I love the atmosphere that borders on toxic. Football is tribal and the Derby is the epitome of that. Get along, support your team focus on nothing but willing us to beat that mob for 90 minutes.
    100%.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Looking forward to Sunday. 2-0 Hibs, Flo and Allan.

@hibs.net private member

Amen to that!👍

Spot on ✅

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Social media 100% has an impact. I don't think some people realise the constant negativity works its way to the ground. Its weird though, non of my mates are anywhere near as negative as people on here or FB etc.
    Negative people love to moan and drag others down to their level. A lot of it is attention seeking and social media gives them a platform.

Yippee kayay mutha f£&@€?

Only 7 individual seats left in the East now.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Negative people love to moan and drag others down to their level. A lot of it is attention seeking and social media gives them a platform.
    It's far easier to find negatives than positives. Human nature. You're bang on though.

Hope you gave yourself an infraction for swearing mate

A simple plea to all fellow hibbys going to game on Sunday get behind the team no matter what happens for the full 90 mins let’s win this and move on Ggtth

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    Only 7 individual seats left in the East now.
    14 individual seats left (excluding executive seats) in East and West combined now

@hibs.net private member
    You know things are getting desperate when we're not counting 'executive seats' on the dot count thread. They're empty seats no??

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    You know things are getting desperate when we're not counting 'executive seats' on the dot count thread. They're empty seats no??
    Nothing desperate about it.

9 East
    4 West
    7 FF Upper
    62 FF Lower

82 regular tickets currently available plus 113 executive priced efforts
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 19-09-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Testimonial Due

Almost There!

East. 3
    West. 12
    Fam5. 65

Exec
    Lower West 61
    East Upper. 53

GGTTH

Derby day is always special.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Execs going well with just over 100 left. We will have sell out by kick off. C'mon the Hibs.

Usual irrational optimism creeping in all be it later than usual.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Regardless of turmoil, derby day is what it's all about! Best games of the season! I wouldn't care if we were 8th and they were 9th and it was the last game of the season with nothing to play for, the win would mean the exact same to me!

Come the Hibees!!

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    75 non-exec and 110 exec left.

Seems to be more seats popping up, particularly the FF lower.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Seems to be more seats popping up, particularly the FF lower.
    Is it the case that you can only buy a FF Lower adult ticket if you have a child as part of group?