hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're right. Mine for a start. I just can't be arsed making a 200 plus mile trip on Sunday when the best we can hope for is a dire 0-0 draw. And yet a year ago I couldn't wait to get to Easter Road.
    That isn't the best we can hope for though.

The reason you couldn't wait was because it's easy to support a team that wins. Bit more difficult when they aren't winning and that isn't for everyone I guess

2. Log in to remove the advert

"Do we, the fans, stage a protest before the game by not taking our seats for five minutes after kick off..."

Nearly half the crowd at every home game does that already, so it would be hard to notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Over the season maybe surely not in the derby?

Yeah, that was the average over the season, but there are still loads of empty seats at every derby as well, which is really strange.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    You're right. Mine for a start. I just can't be arsed making a 200 plus mile trip on Sunday when the best we can hope for is a dire 0-0 draw. And yet a year ago I couldn't wait to get to Easter Road.
    I think we will win by a couple on Sunday and given our defensive record every chance we will lose a goal or two so IMO little chance of a 0-0.

Each to their own, but when it’s a bought and paid for ticket, I don’t get that.

I don’t feel particularly enthusiastic but, come Sunday, things need put to the side and we need to remember that beating Hearts is what playing for Hibs, and supporting Hibs, is all about.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

The reason you couldn't wait was because it's easy to support a team that wins. Bit more difficult when they aren't winning and that isn't for everyone I guess
    Not just the no winning MWH, the fitba is dire too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    Does anyone know how the ticket sales have been going for the derby? Have a feeling the attendance is going to be embarrassing
    You wish.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Each to their own, but when it’s a bought and paid for ticket, I don’t get that.

I don’t feel particularly enthusiastic but, come Sunday, things need put to the side and we need to remember that beating Hearts is what playing for Hibs, and supporting Hibs, is all about.
    Nail on the head.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I think most people are reasonable enough to accept that.

As some have pointed out, he may have been brilliant at interview stage. It’s only a few months ago he had us all fooled when talking about the high press, levels of fitness never seen etc.

The challenge to Dempster now is to correct it. It’s her biggest challenge since she’s been here IMO. When she first came in the only way was up bit she needs to be very careful not to let things completely unravel from what had been built.
    We all know things aren't working. To correct it, she needs to find out why.

I can't believe it was luck alone that saw him go on that run last season.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post

A bit of luck and better quality players

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    When has a CEO ever not backed the manager in public? Everyone’s a genius and a great analyst after the fact aren’t they?
    You’ll find that I have consistently expressed severe issues about Heckingbottom prior to and following his appointment due to his negative record as a manager both on and off the pitch. It was always going to be a disaster from the get go and that run off results he had last year, during which the performances were poor and we were saved by an incredibly on-form Marciano, were quite possibly the worst thing to have happened for hibs. We may have avoided that dreadful transfer window and what now looks like a turgid season.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    You wish.
    Your name has come up time and time again in response to my posts. Is it something personal? Why would I wish my club to have a poor attendance at any game? Are you accusing me of being a “yam” again? Maybe you should reflect on why you’re such an angry individual when it comes to responding to people who express views you disagree with, perhaps you’ll gain a brighter outlook on life.

Left by mutual consent!
    Your name has come up time and time again in response to my posts. Is it something personal? Why would I wish my club to have a poor attendance at any game? Are you accusing me of being a “yam” again? Maybe you should reflect on why you’re such an angry individual when it comes to responding to people who express views you disagree with, perhaps you’ll gain a brighter outlook on life.
    Take no notice of him. He seems to think he's above most posters on here and typically just puts very short jibes up trying to bait people.

One of the biggest trolls on the board, but he's very sly about it so fair play to him.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Not just the no winning MWH, the fitba is dire too!!!!
    Thanks, this is the point I was trying to make.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Horde View Post
    Take no notice of him. He seems to think he's above most posters on here and typically just puts very short jibes up trying to bait people.

One of the biggest trolls on the board, but he's very sly about it so fair play to him.
    This, I don't think he supports hibs.

I'd love it to know what he knows about recruitment and running a professional football team.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

I've supported Hibs for over 50 years. Even during the Butcher era I went home and away; and that was despite being convinced from March 2014 that we'd be relegated (it was when we were lucky to lose only 2-0 at St Johnstone). But there's something about the current set up that I just can't stomach - we are clueless, slow and completely lack any fight. We've been like that many times over the years but as I say, there's something especially rotten about the current set up. Add to that having to also watch a Hearts team who are useless but will be fired up by Levein to play it like a rugby match, it's the last straw. If I lived in Edinburgh or within 100 miles of it I'd probably still go but it's such an appalling prospect I'm afraid I'll write off my season ticket for this game and spend the money I'll save by not travelling down taking my wife for a nice Sunday lunch instead. It goes without saying that I sincerely hope I regret it and PH proves me wrong.
    Last edited by Paisley Hibby; 17-09-2019 at 07:23 PM.

You’ll find that I have consistently expressed severe issues about Heckingbottom prior to and following his appointment due to his negative record as a manager both on and off the pitch. It was always going to be a disaster from the get go and that run off results he had last year, during which the performances were poor and we were saved by an incredibly on-form Marciano, were quite possibly the worst thing to have happened for hibs. We may have avoided that dreadful transfer window and what now looks like a turgid season.
    Are you saying top six was a failure?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Nail on the head.
    Wonder what’d folks that campaigned to save Hibs would make of this... Puzzling.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post

I'd love it to know what he knows about recruitment and running a professional football team.
    That’s extremely harsh and judgemental imo. In fact I think you’ve got the posters mixed up. Either way it’s time to stop calling people with differing opinions non Hibs fans.

None of us on this board know about football recruiting or running a team. You still can give opinions either way though.

It’s an odd old past time the life of a troll isn’t it?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    That’s extremely harsh and judgemental imo.
    Why, he claims to have had extreme issues with pH before he was hibs manager.

What is his background on the recruitment of professional football manager??

Left by mutual consent!
    Why, he claims to have had extreme issues with pH before he was hibs manager.

What is his background on the recruitment of professional football manager??
    See post above 👍

If we believe that players need to turn up to every game thinking they can win it whats the equivalent of supporters and how do we jointly avoid it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post

His good results were early on. The more time he's had to get his ideas across the worse we have got. The more he builds his own team the less we look like competing ar the right end of the table. It was luck. He was lucky to have inherited a good squad. Look at what he's done to it...

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    That’s extremely harsh and judgemental imo. In fact I think you’ve got the posters mixed up. Either way it’s time to stop calling people with differing opinions non Hibs fans.

None of us on this board know about football recruiting or running a team. You still can give opinions either way though.
    You are correct, nobody knows.

How about getting behind the club as a whole.

I've supported hibs a lot of years.

We'll always have bad times, but I will always support the club

I absolutely do support hibs, have done for as long as I can remember. To have this questioned is quite incredible, particularly as I clearly display my passion for the club in each of my posts. Would you like your support of this club questioned just because someone disagrees with you? Have a think about that for a minute.

As for your point on my credentials, I don’t need answer to you or anyone else. I am quite comfortable with my reasons for forming my opinion of Heckingbottom and his recruitment, as are some of those on this forum who know me. I know of current managers in this league and others who couldn’t believe he made some of the signings he made.

That's rich coming from you. At least I don't gang up on other posters.

Nothing personal and have never accused you of not being a Hibby. Also not in the slightest angry just a bit disappointed at how some people choose to build up to a derby by talking the club down at every opportunity.

I absolutely do support hibs, have done for as long as I can remember. To have this questioned is quite incredible, particularly as I clearly display my passion for the club in each of my posts. Would you like your support of this club questioned just because someone disagrees with you? Have a think about that for a minute.

As for your point on my credentials, I don’t need answer to you or anyone else. I am quite comfortable with my reasons for forming my opinion of Heckingbottom and his recruitment, as are some of those on this forum who know me. I know of current managers in this league and others who couldn’t believe he made some of the signings he made.

You know current managers!!! 🙄 🙄 🙄

You mates with stevie g and lenny 😂
    Last edited by DarlingtonHibee; 17-09-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    You are correct, nobody knows.

How about getting behind the club as a whole.

I've supported hibs a lot of years.

We'll always have bad times, but I will always support the club
    I get you support the club mate, we all do. I see how you channel your passion in a different way too by sticking up for the club regardless. There’s other ways to love and support the club too though and if it’s wrong or going wrong it’s natural to be passionate and emotional about something everyone cares deeply about. It’s not digs at the manager or that just for a laugh or because it’s undercover Jambos, it’s because people have seen this story play out before. I wish we could all just come together for the next week then start again next Thursday and see where we find ourselves - if anything it’s payday on Friday so we can all get smashed and have a royal rumble.