hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Harsh on Dempster from the OP. Yes, it looks like she and the board got the Hecky appointment badly wrong; they're human and not infallible; they made a bad call. When you make an error, you must be humble enough to hold your hands up and try to rectify it. It looks like that will happen soon, unless we somehow have a miraculous reversal of form. Overall she has done a fine job here.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

You cant blame the CEO or even the owner for a manager signed in good faith or the players he signs being duds. Where they come into the firing line is when they allow the manager to continue on his merry way when its becoming clear that he isn't up to he job.

Normally I would be in the c'mon its only 5 games camp … but the truth is it isn't only 5 games. In the top 6 last season our results and performances were average at best, with the start to this season thrown in we have won one of our last 10 league matches. The big question surrounding players signed from lower league England is always 'is the manager presuming that being able to make it in league 1 & 2 of the EFL means you will be an above average Scottish premiership player because he mistakenly doesn't rate the game up here' …. its looking depressingly like that's what has happened … so much so that the most expensive of them cant even get into the team.

If we lose the derby I cant see how Heckingbottom can survive because where is he going to turn it around after that? Players already at a low ebb will be even worse and our next 4 fixtures are Killie away, Celtic at home ( heaven help us ) Aberdeen away and Hamilton away. As things stand I cant see us getting anything out of these games.

Bottom line …. If we lose the derby and the board don't act fans will vote with their feet, its as simple as that.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that Postman Pat?
    And Jess was his cat.
    Pat Stanton, you heard of him?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Pat Stanton, you heard of him?
    Aye.was at his birthday party last weekend.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Bit of respect for people saved the club, and have moved the club forward to where we are now.

Stadium

HTC

Scottish cup

Financially secure for the next generation to enjoy watching hibernian fc
    Trouble is....what will we be watching?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=DarlingtonHibee;5929001]Pat Stanton, you heard of

He's famous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Harsh on Dempster from the OP. Yes, it looks like she and the board got the Hecky appointment badly wrong; they're human and not infallible; they made a bad call. When you make an error, you must be humble enough to hold your hands up and try to rectify it. It looks like that will happen soon, unless we somehow have a miraculous reversal of form. Overall she has done a fine job here.
    Hear hear. Some folk on here need to get real. The Board had to give him time but I agree, he's now had that time and unless we see a miracle turn around in the next fortnight I think he'll be gone before the end of this month. Why anybody thinks not supporting our club against Hearts (even just for 5 minutes) will help is beyond me.

How could Dempster ignore that hypnotising Hecky sales pitch? Can't really blame her

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    She’ll surely take note when she sees swathes of empty green seats at the derby for the first time in years.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No. I'll be supporting the team for 90 minutes, not 85.
    Indeed. Can't think of a better way to undermine the team than to boycott the start of a derby bar not turning up at all.
    The only team it would help would be Hearts. Don't think I'll be doing that.
    GG

We'll hear from Dempster in March when the ST renewals are out for next season.

First Team Breakthrough
    A bit of a fuss regarding what our CEO should be called. First or last name?

Maybe a bit guidance required from football fan's in England when they talked about Phil and Gary Neville's late dad.

Derby day is not the time to protest. It’s time to crank up the atmosphere, sing loud and proud and show that mob from across town what we’ll do to support our club and the team on the park.
    If people want to show their feelings towards Hecky and we hear chants of Hecky must go, then so be it but follow that up with some proper Hibs songs in support of our club. Twice as loud. Sunday isn’t the time for weakness.

Does anyone know how the ticket sales have been going for the derby? Have a feeling the attendance is going to be embarrassing

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Give the man some respect too. He is obviously hurting like most of us and has some if not all valid posts. And as for names good god do we now start calling the players by their first names for respect. I have hardly heard Petrie called Rodrick and I bet some don’t even know our current manager/coaches first name
    According to Twitter and Facebook it's 'get that useless *@*@ out of my club'

Many responses to this thread are quite interesting. Of particular note are the high number of posters who are saying I have been harsh by criticising Dempster for her hiring of the manager (which is her job, seeing as she runs the club). This is usually followed with speculation that she is sorting this out.

I have seen nothing of the sort, nor have many others. Has she came out and said she is going to sort out Heckingbottom's performance? No, quite the opposite. She has steadfastly backed him and even described what may one day go down as the worst transfer window and pre-season of our entire history as successful. It is patently obvious that when she makes a mistake, she is too hard-nosed to resolve it.

If she carries out some form of action before the derby, it would speak volumes and give many others, and I, a modicum of hope going into this derby. Currently we go into what should be an exciting fixture with what is without doubt one of the most unlikable squad of players led by a manager who has shown his ineptitude again and again.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    Many responses to this thread are quite interesting. Of particular note are the high number of posters who are saying I have been harsh by criticising Dempster for her hiring of the manager (which is her job, seeing as she runs the club). This is usually followed with speculation that she is sorting this out.

I have seen nothing of the sort, nor have many others. Has she came out and said she is going to sort out Heckingbottom's performance? No, quite the opposite. She has steadfastly backed him and even described what may one day go down as the worst transfer window and pre-season of our entire history as successful. It is patently obvious that when she makes a mistake, she is too hard-nosed to resolve it.

If she carries out some form of action before the derby, it would speak volumes and give many others, and I, a modicum of hope going into this derby. Currently we go into what should be an exciting fixture with what is without doubt one of the most unlikable squad of players led by a manager who has shown his ineptitude again and again.

So “without doubt one of the most unlikable squad of players” yet you say that merely “If she carries out some form of action before the derby, it would speak volumes and give many others, and I, a modicum of hope going into this derby” - hardly the situation you illustrate resolved.

Dunno what upset your zen but maybe try taking a lie down in a darkened room for a day or so with or without internet access :)

You do however seem so assured of the way forward perhaps pop along to working together or wait after the game and speak to Leeann yourself.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

But what she HAS to say in public and what she's saying behind the scenes are likely to be two very different things. It's possible that she could have told PH he's got until the end of this month to deliver clear improvements in the team's performance or he's out. But she's hardly going to undermine him by broadcasting that to all and sundry is she? And as for the transfer window, if the Board has delivered most of the manager's first choice targets then she's entitled to say that's a success. If they turn out to be mince that's not the Boards fault and the manager will face the consequences soon enough.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Does anyone know how the ticket sales have been going for the derby? Have a feeling the attendance is going to be embarrassing
    400 short of a home sell out hardly embarrassing. Some of the panic on this site is frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    400 short of a home sell out hardly embarrassing. Some of the panic on this site is frightening.
    I think there will be substantially more than 400 empty seats though.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Possibly don't really understand that as this is always the best game of the season however we are doing. To buy a season ticket and not go to the Derby would make no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Possibly don't really understand that as this is always the best game of the season however we are doing. To buy a season ticket and not go to the Derby would make no sense to me.

I think it's strange as well but the number of non attending ST holders will still be in four figures.

About 3 years ago, LD said the average number of ST holding non attendees was about 15%.That now equates to about 2,000.

It looks like she got this manager appointment wrong. However, if we are to criticise her for this one then we also need to credit her for appointing Stubbs and Lennon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    It looks like she got this manager appointment wrong. However, if we are to criticise her for this one then we also need to credit her for appointing Stubbs and Lennon.
    She got all the credit in the world for they appointments?!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I think it's strange as well but the number of non attending ST holders will still be in four figures.

About 3 years ago, LD said the average number of ST holding non attendees was about 15%.That now equates to about 2,000.
    Over the season maybe surely not in the derby?

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    She got all the credit in the world for they appointments?!
    Well the fist post is saying she should also be sacked. Looks to me like she got a manager appointment wrong. But previously she got her first 2 spot on. 2 out of 3 is fine. Your not going to get the right guy every time. Hardly sackable imo.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

When has a CEO ever not backed the manager in public? Everyone’s a genius and a great analyst after the fact aren’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Well the fist post is saying she should also be sacked. Looks to me like she got a manager appointment wrong. But previously she got her first 2 spot on. 2 out of 3 is fine. Your not going to get the right guy every time. Hardly sackable imo.
    I think most people are reasonable enough to accept that.

As some have pointed out, he may have been brilliant at interview stage. It’s only a few months ago he had us all fooled when talking about the high press, levels of fitness never seen etc.

The challenge to Dempster now is to correct it. It’s her biggest challenge since she’s been here IMO. When she first came in the only way was up bit she needs to be very careful not to let things completely unravel from what had been built.

I think most people are reasonable enough to accept that.

As some have pointed out, he may have been brilliant at interview stage. It’s only a few months ago he had us all fooled when talking about the high press, levels of fitness never seen etc.

The challenge to Dempster now is to correct it. It’s her biggest challenge since she’s been here IMO. When she first came in the only way was up bit she needs to be very careful not to let things completely unravel from what had been built.
    Some are that reasonable. However some also just want blood and everyone sacked right now!

I think she will sort it out shortly. She wasted no time in getting shot of Butcher, when she had worked previously with him. Defeat to Hearts and out the cup would be the final straw I think.

I was in the camp of wanting to give him time. But you eventually have to admit its just not working. Also don't think its possible to win the fans over, such is the feelings towards the guy. I feel sorry for him to be honest, don't like all the personal stuff etc. Its probably better for all parties that he goes.

You're right. Mine for a start. I just can't be arsed making a 200 plus mile trip on Sunday when the best we can hope for is a dire 0-0 draw. And yet a year ago I couldn't wait to get to Easter Road.