hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Derby day: Dempster take note:

Yet again, I’m sat here on a Sunday trying to get my head around yet another abject, abysmal performance from Hibernian FC under Paul Heckingbottom. Another performance underlying all the same frailties this joker has shown from day one. He has taken us so far backwards that days of challenging for second place, while playing entertaining football with players and staff who genuinely got the club, feel like another era, not a mere season and a half ago...

With the opinion on here having appeared to have shifted significantly in the past two weeks, it can be assumed that the fans have had enough. Of concern is that there doesn’t appear to be any sign of impatience at the club, with the mood music indicating that Dempster and co will stick with their man.

I don’t have to think back too long for memories of this club playing rubbish football, in front of crowds of 8,000 with players who didn’t care. We would even struggle to sell out derbies at Easter Road and the away end at Tynecastle.

I loved the feeling that those days were a distant memory, but I fear they maybe back with us once again. I imagine many of you feel the same.

Dempster comes across as a leader with zero motivation to change. Her leadership has gone stale as the club wanders aimlessly on the pitch guided by the fraudulent Heckingbottom and his squad of duds. I am now of the opinion that she should also go, alongside George Craig and Heckingbottom.

We as a fan base need to make it clear to those running the club that we’ve had enough of Heckinbottom on Sunday, win lose or draw. How do we do it? Do we, the fans, stage a protest before the game by not taking our seats for five minutes after kick off so the board are firmly reminded of the sorry state we were once in? Do we wait until after kick off to make our feelings clear? Would be interested to hear what people think, because I genuinely don’t want to see this club fall on its knees again, having worked so hard for years to get off them.

Dempster doesn’t appear to care. We the fans need to make sure she sits up and takes notice. Time for change.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not pitching up for the first 5 minutes on Sunday doesn't help anyone.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Struggling to sell out Tynie you say? Oh chinny-chin-chin...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I find it incredible that this Uzi spraying of anyone in the vicinity getting punted appears. Guess we’ll have more of it in and around the derby - it’s a bit of a laugh tho isn’t it?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It wasn't that long ago we regularly never sold out Hearts away on one occasion only selling half our allocation (Casper game), more regularly one block left unsold.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I don't think that's massively wide off the mark. I can recall being at Tynecastle in the not so distant past with our end half or 2/3s full. There certainly wasn't the scramble for tickets there is now and general sales weren't uncommon.

I could take issue with a few things in the OP but that probably isn't one of them.

I think the OP has some valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    Yet again, I’m sat here on a Sunday trying to get my head around yet another abject, abysmal performance from Hibernian FC under Paul Heckingbottom. Another performance underlying all the same frailties this joker has shown from day one. He has taken us so far backwards that days of challenging for second place, while playing entertaining football with players and staff who genuinely got the club, feel like another era, not a mere season and a half ago...

With the opinion on here having appeared to have shifted significantly in the past two weeks, it can be assumed that the fans have had enough. Of concern is that there doesn’t appear to be any sign of impatience at the club, with the mood music indicating that Dempster and co will stick with their man.

I don’t have to think back too long for memories of this club playing rubbish football, in front of crowds of 8,000 with players who didn’t care. We would even struggle to sell out derbies at Easter Road and the away end at Tynecastle.

I loved the feeling that those days were a distant memory, but I fear they maybe back with us once again. I imagine many of you feel the same.

Dempster comes across as a leader with zero motivation to change. Her leadership has gone stale as the club wanders aimlessly on the pitch guided by the fraudulent Heckingbottom and his squad of duds. I am now of the opinion that she should also go, alongside George Craig and Heckingbottom.

We as a fan base need to make it clear to those running the club that we’ve had enough of Heckinbottom on Sunday, win lose or draw. How do we do it? Do we, the fans, stage a protest before the game by not taking our seats for five minutes after kick off so the board are firmly reminded of the sorry state we were once in? Do we wait until after kick off to make our feelings clear? Would be interested to hear what people think, because I genuinely don’t want to see this club fall on its knees again, having worked so hard for years to get off them.

Dempster doesn’t appear to care. We the fans need to make sure she sits up and takes notice. Time for change.
    No really all that fussed about the derby, our problems will no be solved by beating that crap from tincastle, protest is all good although will not make any difference we now have a power struggle going on and its one the fans will not be allowed to win. I'll be staying away.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson2Del View Post
    I think the OP has some valid points.
    Yes. He is sat there on a Sunday.

And yet again I am accused of being a liar. It is a fact that we used to fail to sell the away end of Tynecastle out. The Casper game was one and I believe the Caldwell game was another.

Accusing posters of lying because you disagree with them is grossly offensive and yet another sign of this forum struggling to conduct free and fair debate. Not pleasant.

@hibs.net private member
    Lots of decent points, but not entering the stadium before the Derby is not a option. That’s the game we all need to be there early and let those ***** know we’re up for this.

If we let that shower beat us, doesn’t matter about the next lot of games. We shouldn’t put up with losing that game. There protest should be nothing compared to what we should do if we lose. But on the whole, our support just take endless amount of crap that we have to put up with.

Let’s just beat them.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar

Ffs, demo....

Please show our ceo some respect, her name is leeann.

Some valid points in the OP.

Dempster had plenty credit in the bank but it’s reducing rapidly at the moment. I don’t actually blame her too much for PH being rubbish because these things happen in football. But she has to recognise it and fix it. Add to that we’ve only heard from her properly a couple of times in the last six months. On one occasion she told us Oli Shaw is one of the best young players in Europe. And on the other occasion she told us we we had a good transfer window. Fans aren’t daft, don’t treat them like mugs.

And yet again I am accused of being a liar. It is a fact that we used to fail to sell the away end of Tynecastle out. The Casper game was one and I believe the Caldwell game was another.

Accusing posters of lying because you disagree with them is grossly offensive and yet another sign of this forum struggling to conduct free and fair debate. Not pleasant.
    Your key point that you want Dempster herself to take note of is that you think she should be sacked. It's not exactly constructive advice is it?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Your key point that you want Dempster herself to take note of is that you think she should be sacked. It's not exactly constructive advice is it?
    I think you've missed the part of his post where he clearly switches from giving Dempster advice to talking to the support.

Deep down, I don’t think that the selling out of the away end at Tynie is the issue here but perhaps it’s all about definition of struggle and the proximity in Hibstorical terms of the said “struggle” - I do feel that Casper and Caldwell are distant memories but appreciate that’s probs wishful thinking and a subjective thing.

So in the brotherly spirit of a Sunday evening on the .net I apologise and do not wish to contribute to making this a worse place for Hibees to come.

No. I'll be supporting the team for 90 minutes, not 85.

This

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Ffs, demo....

Please show our ceo some respect, her name is leeann.
    Not this ***** again.

Petrie got called petrie.

Farmer got called farmer.

Dempster gets called dempster.

Had all this ***** aimed at me not long ago too. Absolutely bizarre.

You really are a class act....

What makes you think Leeann doesn't care? Because what she thinks is best for the club isn't what you think is?

You really are a class act....
    Should all the players be referred to by their first names going forward? Should Flo be Florian, or are we allowed to use the shortened version in this instance?

For me the best times supporting Hibs have been after we have been relegated so I don't really see what this worry is all about. All this challenging for second or third lark is way too stressful for something that is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable part of your life. I miss the doughrings at East End Park...

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Should all the players be referred to by their first names going forward? Should Flo be Florian, or are we allowed to use the shortened version in this instance?
    Paul Out

Left by mutual consent!
    We'll struggle to all be in after 5 mins anyway once a near sell out gets near the turnstiles.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    What makes you think Leeann doesn't care? Because what she thinks is best for the club isn't what you think is?
    Her deafening silence and sugar coating of Heckingbottom suggests to me she has lost touch with the role. How on earth can she describe the most recent transfer window as a success?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Bit of respect for people saved the club, and have moved the club forward to where we are now.

Stadium

HTC

Scottish cup

Financially secure for the next generation to enjoy watching hibernian fc

Can remember a derby at the pink shelter in the recent past when we only managed to sell out a third of the away stand so don't understand the " chiny-chi- chin comment"

Bit of respect for people saved the club, and have moved the club forward to where we are now.

Stadium

HTC

Scottish cup

Financially secure for the next generation to enjoy watching hibernian fc
    There isn’t a lack of respect in the first place. Are we disrespecting everybody else when we use their surnames?

Easy solved, don't tell lies then