hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: How will Hibs do in the derby?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win

42 24.42%
  • Draw

66 38.37%
  • Lose

64 37.21%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    4-0 hibs.

I’ve expected a win in every derby since the 2012 cup final and that’s not going to change today

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Two poor teams who would probably settle for a draw if you offered them it today. I think a nervy draw is how it'll pan out as they'll both be terrified of losing, rather than trying to win.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    In all my years watching derbies, Hertz have more often than not,
    been up for the game more than Hibs.

Given we've got a midfield who can't tackle a fish supper and a Manager who clearly doesn't inspire his players this looks like an away win to me sadly.

It'll be a brutal game between two brutal teams.

I must say though, for the first time in a few years I'm actually not looking forward to the derby and sadly think they will beat us. They are honking don't get me wrong but they are at least managing goals. Our only save in grace is that they are as bad as they are because if it was a half decent hearts side I'd be in real fear of a tankin. As I say it'll be a rotten display of football but I think they'll manage to scrape the win.

Not normally such a doom and gloom merchant but I'm afraid it is just so hard to be positive about this team atm.

4-1 Hearts

See 2013 league cup quarter final game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone see a goal fest? Dodgy defences seems to be the unifying theme for both teams. Im going for 3-2 for Hibs. I reckon a good team is in their somewhere..

@hibs.net private member
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts a bit better at scoring and defending at the moment. So match goes to them this time.

Hibs 0 Hearts 5

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    Does anyone see a goal fest? Dodgy defences seems to be the unifying theme for both teams. Im going for 3-2 for Hibs. I reckon a good team is in their somewhere..

No chance it will be a goal fest. Both teams will park the bus hoping to avoid defeat.

1-1 bore draw.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    No chance it will be a goal fest. Both teams will park the bus hoping to avoid defeat.

1-1 bore draw.
    If we “park the bus” we will get beat. We don’t have the required players to do that

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I voted draw, and I think that might be optimistic. Two very poor sides, we know they will be physical, but can we withstand it?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    4-1 Hearts
    A pumping of that kind would have to mean instant dismissal. It would be the last straw.

The day i expect not to beat Hearts, especially at Easter Road, is the day i jack it in as a Hibs fan.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    If we “park the bus” we will get beat. We don’t have the required players to do that
    Agree, unless they have done a crash course in defending with the squad available, I would imagine a very front foot approach is the only option here.
    Cant wait for the game.

A Big win for Hearts = Board will need to make a decision about Heckingbottom and if he's already on a shoogly peg (with the board) then this could be the moment they axe him. If not, then not sure what they are waiting for, but may have agreed an 'until Xmas trial'

A sneaky win for Hearts = Trickier for the board if they want to give him more time, but the fans will be calling for the axe..

Draw = Positive spin from Club if they plan to keep Heckingbottom, and silence if they are still deliberating

Sneaky win for Hibs = Heckingbottom given more time (weeks or months), fans may chill a bit but probably not that much

Big win for Hibs = Brilliant, love a highlights session with a multi-goal pap fest of the Jambos. Board delay any possible sackings and hope the team starts to kick on. Support?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    A pumping of that kind would have to mean instant dismissal. It would be the last straw.
    Would a 4-1 win be instant knighthood? Mowbray got 3 pumpings like that in 1 season and stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Would a 4-1 win be instant knighthood? Mowbray got 3 pumpings like that in 1 season and stayed.
    Different times though. If a Hearts team that is without a league win since March were to come to Easter Road and give us a heavy beating, there is no possible coming back for Hecky. The vast majority of fans on here want him out now; a pumping in the derby would make his position impossible, in my humble opinion.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Because we finished 3rd/4th did we not?

A draw seems the most likely as both teams are pish, but I'm tempted to say 2-1 Hearts just to wind up the happy clappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Different times though. If a Hearts team that is without a league win since March were to come to Easter Road and give us a heavy beating, there is no possible coming back for Hecky. The vast majority of fans on here want him out now; a pumping in the derby would make his position impossible, in my humble opinion.
    I agree totally, there is no coming back now really. Fans are too far gone

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Mowbray was the last HIBS Manager I thought was the real deal always said the right thing pre and post match he was like a text book Football Manager
    Closest have been Lennon pre Tiny meltdown and Stubbsy for obvious reasons
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 16-09-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    We won't park the bus at home to the bottom team.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The last time we won by three or more goals against Hearts was 6-2. I'd give Heckingbottom all the time in the world if he managed a victory of that magnitude.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

We had a decent, young and exciting team back then that finished 4th and that Hearts team finished 2nd and won the Scottish Cup.

Plus that Hibs team won 3-0 at Ibrox twice that season. You’d be lucky if this Hibs team scored 3 goals past any Premiership opponent.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't remember less looking forward to a derby game than this one in my 60+ years as a Hibee.
    Honestly can't see us scoring against them. And also think we'll be unable to keep a clean sheet.
    Hope I'm wrong, I usually am.

Left by mutual consent!
    They are really crap right now but Potter's hatred of us will see him firing up their players, combined with the battering-ram that is Ikpaezu and that makes them slight favourites for me - hope I'm wrong but I haven't been so disillusioned with Hibs like this in ages !

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    2-1 Hibs, strangely never been so positive that'll be the score in this derby

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    2-1 Hibs, strangely never been so positive that'll be the score in this derby
    Think we will win also. 3 1

First time in years I'm fearing a right pumping from them, they are gash but Levein will have them up for it. I'm not so sure Hecky will manage to do the same for us

0-0 ****fest

or

5-1 Hibs

Only fools on here are the ones predicting the result 😂, absolutely no idea but wouldn’t surprise me if we both got beat 😜