hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The state of this thread. You would think we have no chance on Sunday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Newbattler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And that Meshino as well I reckon. Wee Jumbo guy at my work thinks he's the next great thing. Numpty!
    He looked good in the highlights after coming on. Took out the defender with a neat turn and good effort in getting the ball over the keeper for Ikpeazu goal. Good feet, composure and finish for his own goal.

Those saying Washington will play - he won't. Not the usual Jambo ploy this time, his hammy popped and he is out for weeks. That will probably be our typical luck, their non scoring striker that would have played out which forces the hand to gamble on Naismith who has a blinder.

We are set up to lose this game. 2 things have become very apparent. If we lose the 1st goal we are done. If we lose the 1st goal we capitulate and lose more.

4-1 Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    He looked good in the highlights after coming on. Took out the defender with a neat turn and good effort in getting the ball over the keeper for Ikpeazu goal. Good feet, composure and finish for his own goal.

Those saying Washington will play - he won't. Not the usual Jambo ploy this time, his hammy popped and he is out for weeks. That will probably be our typical luck, their non scoring striker that would have played out which forces the hand to gamble on Naismith who has a blinder.

We are set up to lose this game. 2 things have become very apparent. If we lose the 1st goal we are done. If we lose the 1st goal we capitulate and lose more.

4-1 Hearts.
    Hearts sneaking Barcelona's team out in their place or you been on the sauce all night?

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Hearts sneaking Barcelona's team out in their place or you been on the sauce all night?
    I've been watching Heckingbottom's Hibs..... unfortunately.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I've been watching Heckingbottom's Hibs..... unfortunately.
    I can only assume you’ve not been watching Leveins Hearts as well then. Because their fans, the guys that do, have been protesting to get him out and they’re bottom of the league without a win to their name. They’re that bad.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Hearts are 100% a worse team than us, that is a fact and their 2019 form shows it in spades.

The only concern from my end, is not matter how awful they may be, they never, ever give up when it comes to the Derby. They will fight on Sunday and my concern is not over quality differences, but in spirit. We lost a metal in our midfield when McGinn, Bartley etc moved on which we have struggled to replace and I worry it will show on Sunday. We are far too soft.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Hearts are 100% a worse team than us, that is a fact and their 2019 form shows it in spades.

The only concern from my end, is not matter how awful they may be, they never, ever give up when it comes to the Derby. They will fight on Sunday and my concern is not over quality differences, but in spirit. We lost a metal in our midfield when McGinn, Bartley etc moved on which we have struggled to replace and I worry it will show on Sunday. We are far too soft.
    Hearts of old always fought and battled in derbies. They’ve game to ER a few times over the recent years though, rolled over and had their bellies tickled. I’m not sure how much of the Hearts of old in derbies is applicable now.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

This is key - who are the "better players" is irrelevant in this match

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I can only assume you’ve not been watching Leveins Hearts as well then. Because their fans, the guys that do, have been protesting to get him out and they’re bottom of the league without a win to their name. They’re that bad.
    Yeah I do get that and agree however, I don't think we will lose because they are better - I think we will lose because we are softer

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar

4-1 Hearts.
    4-1 Hearts Have a day off.

4-1 Hearts.
    Do you really think Hearts will beat us 4-1? The team bottom the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I would be more concerned about our capitulation against Motherwell compared to their performances against them.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post

It's been said on here many times before. Anything can happen in football.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    It's been said on here many times before. Anything can happen in football.
    Apart from a Hibs win of course. According to a lot of folk on here anyway. That’s certainly not a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Hearts of old always fought and battled in derbies. They’ve game to ER a few times over the recent years though, rolled over and had their bellies tickled. I’m not sure how much of the Hearts of old in derbies is applicable now.
    That has been the case but we now don't have a team capable of belly tickling.

Hearts will be well up for this, nae trophies know's this could be his last game so he will have the players fired up to the max.

From what we have seen PH is not capable of that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_F View Post
    That has been the case but we now don't have a team capable of belly tickling.

Hearts will be well up for this, nae trophies know's this could be his last game so he will have the players fired up to the max.

From what we have seen PH is not capable of that
    Why if he can't get them "well up" for games against Ross County, Hamilton or Motherwell, will Levein be able to get them "well up" for a derby.

The hearts players have stopped playing for their manager. I don't think ours have. (Yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Why if he can't get them "well up" for games against Ross County, Hamilton or Motherwell, will Levein be able to get them "well up" for a derby.

The hearts players have stopped playing for their manager. I don't think ours have. (Yet).

Its in their contract. Beat Hibs at all costs.

Its in their contract. Beat Hibs at all costs.
    Why've they been ignoring their contractual duties so frequently recently then?

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Why've they been ignoring their contractual duties so frequently recently then?

Not everyone does what they're contracted to do. Look at Heckingbottom.

It's becoming very clear that some people hate Hibs more than they hate Hertz.

Left by mutual consent!
    Need to stop this squabbling **** lads. **** hearts.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Washington out for 3 months for the worst team in the league.

The keeper's dodgy, Berra's finished, Clare's a joke, Smith and Naismith are struggling with injuries, Ikpeazu is gash.

We're less pish than them so I think we'll scrape a narrow win. We've certainly got no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post

The keeper's dodgy, Berra's finished, Clare's a joke, Smith and Naismith are struggling with injuries, Ikpeazu is gash.

We're less pish than them so I think we'll scrape a narrow win. We've certainly got no excuses.
    Correct. They will be as pish as they always are when they come to ER. Up to us to take advantage.

There certainly is no excuses for getting beat on Sunday. They’re murder, deservedly bottom of the league and we’re at home.

All will play on Sunday.

All will play on Sunday.
    Yes, my jambo mate told me that Smith and Naismith will play despite not being fit. He also said he'd be absolutely amazed if Hearts even scraped a draw.

Yes, my jambo mate told me that Smith and Naismith will play despite not being fit. He also said he'd be absolutely amazed if Hearts even scraped a draw.

Like last seasons final derby. We wrote them off...

Like last seasons final derby. We wrote them off...
    I hardly think anyone's writing them off....https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?...by-Predictions

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar

Aye they do, i remember a cup game we won 1:0 going on 10 when we had 81% of the possession. Okay, doesn't happen very often but they can fold; certainly don't believe they will
    be fighting for Craigie boy on Sunday.
    GG

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Not everyone does what they're contracted to do. Look at Heckingbottom.
    He’s unbeaten against that lot . 3-1 win for us .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH