hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Smith, Washington and Naismith will all start I reckon. Ikpeazu may be benched.
    I’d say the big battering ram will be Levein’s 1st name on the team sheet for a derby.

This is going to be a riot, very physical, 2 teams desperate for a win.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Washington went off with what looked like a pulled hamstring

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    I’d say the big battering ram will be Levein’s 1st name on the team sheet for a derby.

This is going to be a riot, very physical, 2 teams desperate for a win.
    We are not a physical team in the slightest. Powderpuff all over the park.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

We are not a physical team in the slightest. Powderpuff all over the park.
    Have a look at what we’re up against. Clare gives me hope

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    Have a look at what we’re up against. Clare gives me hope
    How they persist with Clare I'll never know. Absolutely **** everytime ive watched them!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Last game at Easter Road Ikpeazu couldnae run was over weight unfit and breathing through his arse but still managed to get onto the end of a deflected ball into our box to snatch an equaliser

Credit where credit is due that is the determination and hunger we will have to show to win on Sunday

Now who is going to score our goals?

@hibs.net private member
    The hearts midfield is not particularly physical and it is crap.

Naismith coming back is the player i would be concerned about, who drops in between the lines and can cause problems and links well with the big lump. We, however, have our own weapon in allan who can provide for kamberi and i imagine hearts fans will be similarly concerned.

Neither team playing well at the moment so the winner could well be based on which of the above front 2 produces a moment of quality and/or which defence has the least brain farts. More likely it will be a boring draw though.

Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    The hearts midfield is not particularly physical and it is crap.

Naismith coming back is the player i would be concerned about, who drops in between the lines and can cause problems and links well with the big lump. We, however, have our own weapon in allan who can provide for kamberi and i imagine hearts fans will be similarly concerned.

Neither team playing well at the moment so the winner could well be based on which of the above front 2 produces a moment of quality and/or which defence has the least brain farts. More likely it will be a boring draw though.
    Yip, plus the fact Naismith isnt match fit helps too whereas Allan is so that gives us a slight edge there. Who knows though, not looking forward to this game

First Team Breakthrough
    You say "Motherwell could of scored 6 or 7....literally!"

This was how I viewed the highlights the other week of the Hibs game against Well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Even that Jambo Allan Preston said we're better than them at the moment.
    Don’t fall for that old piece of crap. He’s playing the quasi underdog card, knows that there is nothing between two really poor sides, and is falling on the side of error. He knows full well that the Jambos have just about enough to see us off because of their determination and will probably win, but, by siding with us, he can play the ‘told you they had the upper hand’ and comes out with prediction reputation intact.I bet he really fancies a Jambo win but doesn’t have the balls to come out with it.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Hearts have a physical side...we dont even have a side so i fancy levein to know how to handle us

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Listen, we're terrible, no getting away from it, but I'd urge any Hibee to watch the Hearts v Well highlights on YouTube and tell me it doesn't at least give you a bit of confidence!?

Motherwell could of scored 6 or 7....literally! Same couldnt be said for Killie yesterday.

Hearts looked even worse than us believe it or not (hence why they're BOTTOM I guess)

I don't think there could of been a better team to play right now as we struggle.

I want Hecky out regardless, but I have a feeling we're going to squeak out a home win between two poor teams with Kamberi getting his shooting boots on...
    There are 2 Hearts teams; one which plays like Sat against meaningless opposition and another which turns up to play Hibs. On Sat they would have been taking it easy protecting themselves, avoiding injury and improving their match sharpness on the orders of Levein as he as much as anyone knows the importance of a Hibs match. They will be well up for it.

Astonishing that they've been so bad, sit at the very foot of the table, yet one win against Hibs can put them above us. THAT'S how bad PH team of duds has been.

First Team Regular
    Listen, we're terrible, no getting away from it, but I'd urge any Hibee to watch the Hearts v Well highlights on YouTube and tell me it doesn't at least give you a bit of confidence!?

Motherwell could of scored 6 or 7....literally! Same couldnt be said for Killie yesterday.

Hearts looked even worse than us believe it or not (hence why they're BOTTOM I guess)

I don't think there could of been a better team to play right now as we struggle.

I want Hecky out regardless, but I have a feeling we're going to squeak out a home win between two poor teams with Kamberi getting his shooting boots on...
    Hearts can take solace in the fact they scored 2 goals. If hearts score first next Sunday, that’s the game over.

First Team Regular

Hearts can take solace in the fact they scored 2 goals. If hearts score first next Sunday, that’s the game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    Ikpeazu's goal should've been chopped off. He bundled the defender over before sticking it in the net. Look at his and compare it to the tiny push by Kamberi when Hallberg's goal was disallowed.

Coaching Staff
    For as long as I can remember, Hibs relied on skill, while Hearts relied on muscle.

Unfortunately Hearts always seem to try harder than us in a derby, something I attribute partly to Alex Miller’s ‘it’s only worth 3 points, which still gets trotted out, whereas Hearts adopt a ‘must win’ approach.

With our skill factor in question just now, I’m expecting a blow by blow kind of match, which sadly, suits our neighbours more than our current powder puff squad.

When was the last time we went three games without scoring? Surely we're due a few. My biggest fear is that this is Leveins world cup final and will fire them up better than Heckingbottom.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    How they persist with Clare I'll never know. Absolutely **** everytime ive watched them!
    Get your money on him for first goal then.
    Guaranteed.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man Down Under View Post
    When was the last time we went three games without scoring? Surely we're due a few. My biggest fear is that this is Leveins world cup final and will fire them up better than Heckingbottom.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    I’m not sure Hecky has enough about him to get this squad up for anything

The mans absolutely boring and dull. The exact opposite of the type of person I’d want firing me up for a derby

Levein will have hearts more fired up without a doubt. Like someone has said hearts get the 1st goal with the home crowd then on the players backs it’s curtains

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Ikpeazu's goal should've been chopped off. He bundled the defender over before sticking it in the net. Look at his and compare it to the tiny push by Kamberi when Hallberg's goal was disallowed.

Tiny push? A clearer foul for a shove in the back you will not see.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

His hammy went on Saturday so out for weeks.

Whoever wins will be worse off IMO as it papers over the major cracks.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Apart from when Kamberi gets fouled and refs regularly ignore it.

@hibs.net private member
    Our goal was rightly disallowed. Theirs stood. That is a fairly normal situation for us as we rarely get the rub of the green from officials

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Ikpeazu (Lump) Mulraney (Headless chicken) and Japanese lad (Powderpuff) wont cause us any problems.
    We've been posed serious problems by lesser players for the last few months. I have no confidence Sunday will be any different.

0-0 draw and a seriously s***e game with a strange, negative atmosphere throughout for both teams, is my prediction. What happens after the game is going to be the interesting part.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    The thing that concerns me is that whilst we had a lot of the ball yesterday it wasn’t played at a high tempo to cause Killie any real problems. Horgan was dreadful and near enough every time he got on it he gave it away cheaply.

Killie were the opposite, happy for us to have the ball but once they had it, it was sharp and moved at speed with runners going beyond the striker.

We were a lot more competitive in midfield however and pressed the game much quicker and effectively, first half in particular.

Hearts will cause us problems no doubt.
    The lack of urgency has concerned me since day one of the season. We didn’t play direct until AFTER we went 1-0 up.

Considering that was Heckingbottoms selling point, press, urgency, fitness. WTF is going on? Lethargic and at walking pace.

J

Yes you will, the Ikpeazu one on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Our goal was rightly disallowed. Theirs stood. That is a fairly normal situation for us as we rarely get the rub of the green from officials
    Yes, it was a correct decision for ours, incorrect to allow the Hearts one to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Ikpeazu (Lump) Mulraney (Headless chicken) and Japanese lad (Powderpuff) wont cause us any problems.
    Mulraney is a good player and caused us plenty in the Horgan derby

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Motherwell tore us apart and spanked us 3 zip, we could have played until Wednesday and not scored. Hearts at least scored two.

And that Meshino as well I reckon. Wee Jumbo guy at my work thinks he's the next great thing. Numpty!